F2P is ruining lowbie PvP

Theodulus

Since topics with these titles are popular I'll post one too. F2P just made 10-49 PvP more unbearable than it already was. If you group up and have at least 4 people that can differentiate between east and west and have some situational awareness you will win the warzone unless you meet another premade. If you meet another premade the warzone will at least be somewhat fun.

If you solo queue you will most likely end up with 7 bads. I know they suck when my combat medic out damage every single one of my team with 120k damage while I also get some 230k healing. When they also expect the healer to charge in first everywhere and will wait for you to do so I just see no hope for lowbie PvP.

Doing lowbie PvP now is just as boring as doing space missions. Is there any point in suffering in lowbie PvP except for maybe trying to keep valor level locked? With 1.6 is around the corner getting decent gear for 50 PvP will be quite fast.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can relate...Feels like your the only one in the warzone contributing on any level. when the healer stops healing to do everyone else job...you are with a bunch of bads. A deathmatch will make a good lowbie pvp match...the bads will really show and the good will pwn and nobody spoils with the bad apples.

Can't really tell wether the F2Pers on my team are bad. My Sin alt is level 41, and since I know what I'm doing with him I tend to contribute alot to the team. Yet again, I have seen ballcarriers on Huttball where I'm stealthed and literally jumping for them to pass the ball to me but fail to do so. And they aren't even stunned. Fairdue you did see those kind of people who think they can score on their own before F2P, but after I've noticed the number of people like that increasing.

Besides, alot of the F2Pers are 6-8 year olds who just run around, so not surprising there's more bads.

Since topics with these titles are popular I'll post one too. F2P just made 10-49 PvP more unbearable than it already was. If you group up and have at least 4 people that can differentiate between east and west and have some situational awareness you will win the warzone unless you meet another premade. If you meet another premade the warzone will at least be somewhat fun.

If you solo queue you will most likely end up with 7 bads. I know they suck when my combat medic out damage every single one of my team with 120k damage while I also get some 230k healing. When they also expect the healer to charge in first everywhere and will wait for you to do so I just see no hope for lowbie PvP.

Doing lowbie PvP now is just as boring as doing space missions. Is there any point in suffering in lowbie PvP except for maybe trying to keep valor level locked? With 1.6 is around the corner getting decent gear for 50 PvP will be quite fast.

1) Lowbie PVP was always downright horrible.

2) If you max out on rated and reg comms before you hit 50 in 1.6 you can have pretty much a full WH set right when you get to level 50. So you dont have to worry about being undergeared and if you play so much befor 50 you'll probably get at least decent at the class too.

Hi!

It might have something to do with the fact that many are trying this game for the first time, it might be their first mmo, i wonder how good u were the first game u played?

Ofc ppl will not start out great, but hope they stay and continue to develop cause if they dont swtor will not stay. They might be at lvl 48 or 50 and jump into their first wz, ofc absolutely clueless , why not try helping them. Instead of shouting in ops, try help by whispering.

Do i feel frustrated as a tank in huttball when the 14 k sorc tries to swim thru 7 enemies with the ball and i am jumping on the ledge waiting for the ball, watching him die for the third time? Yes, but if i want the pass next time id better whisper him some advice.

F2p is not ruining the game , they are our future, pray enough of them like the game so the player base expands and u actually can meet different players in the future.

Best regards

kraroc

Level 50 solo q is just as bad though. Besides, im guessing most F2Pers would of used their 3 games a week on their main (50s) so i'd imagine 50's would of been more effected than lowbie PVP. You guys just should probably just be more observant if you think solo q ever was stacked with good players at lowbie or 50 pvp.

Are you one of them?

OP you do realize lowbie pvp is for the noobs just learning to play and those that can't handle the competition at 50 or for people practicing a new toon. It's also the stomping ground for geared players in their 40's who can't stand losing and need god mode. I'm not sure what your expectations in such an environment are. Edited by HaLeX

OP you do realize lowbie pvp is for the noobs just learning to play and those that can't handle the competition at 50 or for people practicing a new toon. It's also the stomping ground for geared players in their 40's who can't stand losing and need god mode. I'm not sure what your expectations in such an environment are.

this :mon_trap:

F2P people can only do 3 a week...and I *might* have 1 or 2 a match. Really isn't that bad.

I must have been unlucky then but I have had limited time to play recently so I might have timed in queues with the F2P players.

F2P is not ruining lowbie pvp. You cannot ruin lowpvp. Lowbie pvp is trash and always has been trash. Blame some other easy target.

Yes it has always been bad but now it seems it's exceptionally bad. There were usually at least a few people leveling alts that weren't that bad.

1) Lowbie PVP was always downright horrible.

2) If you max out on rated and reg comms before you hit 50 in 1.6 you can have pretty much a full WH set right when you get to level 50. So you dont have to worry about being undergeared and if you play so much befor 50 you'll probably get at least decent at the class too.

1) Yeah I agree with you there but now it's really bad. The norm is orange gear without mods/armorings/enhancements and gear with the wrong primary stat instead of being that occasional case.

2) I think I'll just grind out WH on my main and send with legacy. I'll get enough comms to buy implants and relics though.

Dunno. Solo qd a few lowbies this week. It was bad, but I'm not sure it was any worse than normal.

I'll have some more time over the weekend so I'll see if it gets any better. The weekend might be a bad time to try though.

Hi!

It might have something to do with the fact that many are trying this game for the first time, it might be their first mmo, i wonder how good u were the first game u played?

Ofc ppl will not start out great, but hope they stay and continue to develop cause if they dont swtor will not stay. They might be at lvl 48 or 50 and jump into their first wz, ofc absolutely clueless , why not try helping them. Instead of shouting in ops, try help by whispering.

Do i feel frustrated as a tank in huttball when the 14 k sorc tries to swim thru 7 enemies with the ball and i am jumping on the ledge waiting for the ball, watching him die for the third time? Yes, but if i want the pass next time id better whisper him some advice.

F2p is not ruining the game , they are our future, pray enough of them like the game so the player base expands and u actually can meet different players in the future.

Best regards

kraroc

No I wasn't that good in the beginning but I listened to instructions. Oh the joy when I figured out you could use the fire pits to kill the ball carriers in huttball. The problem is that these people call you a noob or just stay silent if you tell them some tactics and general guidelines. I'll just stop doing that when no one seems to care or are being rude for the fifth time. I also never engage in trash talk before/during/after a warzone or call some people idiots for doing stupid stuff.

Yah, i dont really see how PvP in SWTOR could get any worse from launch...in that regard.

The ratio just became larger. I'll have to play a few more warzones to make a definite conclusion.

Are you one of them?

No I am not but I'm also not claiming to be God's gift to swtor PvP.

OP you do realize lowbie pvp is for the noobs just learning to play and those that can't handle the competition at 50 or for people practicing a new toon. It's also the stomping ground for geared players in their 40's who can't stand losing and need god mode. I'm not sure what your expectations in such an environment are.

I'm expecting a decent time while leveling my alts through PvP. I'll guess I'll just go farm some mobs above my level for some quick xp.

Last night in lowbie PvP, I met the worst player I've ever encountered in any MMO, ever. A level 15 Consular. Yes, you read that right. Not a Sage or Shadow...a level 15 Consular. As luck would have it, I came across the same player while out leveling my new Guardian. I was in a friendly mood, and grouped with her to see if I could help. Turns out, she had never:

- Gotten any training for new/upgraded skills since level 1

- Chose an Advanced Class

- Used Sprint

- Upgraded gear beyond quest drops

She had somehow also managed to put her companion on passive mode, and was basically just auto-attacking everything. It was a serious case of /facepalm. I've often wondered how some players can manage to be so cluelessly horrible in PvP. Now I know why. Players like this do exist.

Last night in lowbie PvP, I met the worst player I've ever encountered in any MMO, ever. A level 15 Consular. Yes, you read that right. Not a Sage or Shadow...a level 15 Consular. As luck would have it, I came across the same player while out leveling my new Guardian. I was in a friendly mood, and grouped with her to see if I could help. Turns out, she had never:

- Used Sprint

She had somehow also managed to put her companion on passive mode, and was basically just auto-attacking everything. It was a serious case of /facepalm. I've often wondered how some players can manage to be so cluelessly horrible in PvP. Now I know why. Players like this do exist.

Oddly enough something similar happened to me on DK last night. I was running around, doing missions and basicly being a nasty as someone would on DK and I ran into a Sith Warrior. Like you said with your concelor, not a Jugg or a Mara, a Warrior.

He struggled a couple of groups of mobs, winning base mob fights by the skin of his teeth. When he finished I whispered him "hiya, sorry to interupt. Have you chosen your advanced class yet?" Guessing the answer would be "no?"

However, I got the strangest response ever "yeah! I rolled a warrior, noob!" I blinked, tip toed quietly away while keeping him in my line of sight. This was the first time ever in this game when back peddling saved my life!

- Used Sprint

Question is, was she having the time of her life ? Getting to 15 with lvl 1 abilities only seems possible if you're having fun.

I find that it's pretty much the same PUGing. You get some bad ones, but so does the other team.

I always get a kick out of how many of them can fight pretty well; but have no sense on the objectives. Kind of leaves it up to the ones that understand what needs to be done to focus on objectives and kind of use the deathmatch teammates as a distraction.

If they are F2Pers then they havent been playing that long, instead of calling them bads or the R word how about letting them know what is was they did wrong and try to help them. If i was new to a game and folks trashed me for just trying to learn that would give me a bad attitude.