Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

stockmks

July is over at 1st of August. Don't know how you americans count the monthly system but here in Europe we consider 1st of August; beginning of August, not the end of July.

If you want to get technical (which many things around here are) the beginning of August is still NEAR the end of July.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. They have a bad history of overhyping.

The players do all of the hyping. All BioWare did was say that they were going to give us something in appreciation. The players and members of this forum then on their own defined what would be acceptable. When BioWare fell short of what the players deemed was an acceptable gift, that was when the rage happened.

It is like if your parents told you that they got you something nice for Christmas and in your head you built it up to what you wanted it to be. Then, when they gave it to you it was not to the level of "nice" that you expected and in-turn you go and scream at them for it.

It is a spoiled and entitled mentality.

Edited by TheBBP

The players do all of the hyping. All BioWare did was say that they were going to give us something in appreciation. The players and members of this forum then on their own defined what would be acceptable. When BioWare fell short of what the players deemed was an acceptable gift, that was when the rage happened.

It is like if your parents told you that they got you something nice for Christmas and in your head you built it up to what you wanted it to be. Then, when they gave it to you it was not to the level of "nice" that you expected and in-turn you go and scream at them for it.

Entitlement is a fun word. You're misusing it. Entitlement is a good thing. By way of example, it is the term IBM uses to indicate that an IBM customer has rights to install a particular IBM software product. Why are they entitled to do that? Because they purchased the licenses.

Subscribers to this game are entitled to certain things simply because they pay the subscription. Those things are described in the TOS. And feeling entitled to those things is a good thing, not a bad thing.

One could make a solid argument that subscribers should also feel entitled to deliver feedback to BWEA via these forums, for that is exactly the reason they stated for creating them, and only subscribers can post to them.

Onward to your players creating their own hype comment, BWEA said this:

“…that it’s super important” to BioWare that their Subscribers as well as their Free-to-play players feel valued. So, in July, there will be a Subscriber only benefit near the beginning and near the end of the month in order to make Subs feel valued.”

You might notice the part I emphasized.

There is a difference between just a gift and a gift that makes one feel valued.

My dog leaves gifts for me all the time. Out in the yard. Big brown piles of gifts. Lot of 'em. As you might imagine, those gifts don't make me feel particularly valued.

My dog makes me feel valued by meeting me at the door when I come home, clearly happy to see me, wanting to play and be petted, and wagging its tail vigorously the whole time.

Some subscribers may actually feel valued by being handed additional piles of brown stuff, in this case, Cartel Coins. And bully for them, I guess.

However, judging by the reaction to the early July gift, many did not feel particularly valued upon receiving it. To feel valued, they might want something that takes more than a modicum of effort and even less thought.

Edited by DarthTHC

July is over at 1st of August. Don't know how you americans count the monthly system but here in Europe we consider 1st of August; beginning of August, not the end of July.

Yes, August 1st is the beginning of August. It is also near the end of July.

Yes, August 1st is the beginning of August. It is also near the end of July.

Near is such a fun term, and it's relative. December 2013 AD is near the end of July 2013 AD if one considers that T. Rex last roamed this planet sometime near the end of July 65,000,000 BC.

Edited by DarthTHC

Near is such a fun term, and it's relative. December 2013 AD is near the end of July 2013 AD if one considers that T. Rex last roamed this planet sometime near the end of July 65,000,000 BC.

LIES! The earth is only 6,000 years old and Noah rode a TRex before the flood! :)

You have valid points but in the spirit of what you are saying where did they say at any time that a second gift would BE in July?

They gave us "free" fake money to buy stuff that would have been included in the price of subscriptions had they not rewritten reality to change, after the fact, what was and wasn't included in the price of subscription.

There is a spoiled and entitled mentality in this game but it belongs to the billion dollar corporation running it and not the people keeping it afloat.

Entitlement is a fun word. You're misusing it. Entitlement is a good thing. By way of example, it is the term IBM uses to indicate that an IBM customer has rights to install a particular IBM software product. Why are they entitled to do that? Because they purchased the licenses.

Subscribers to this game are entitled to certain things simply because they pay the subscription. Those things are described in the TOS. And feeling entitled to those things is a good thing, not a bad thing.

One could make a solid argument that subscribers should also feel entitled to deliver feedback to BWEA via these forums, for that is exactly the reason they stated for creating them, and only subscribers can post to them.

Onward to your players creating their own hype comment, BWEA said this:

You might notice the part I emphasized.

There is a difference between just a gift and a gift that makes one feel valued.

My dog leaves gifts for me all the time. Out in the yard. Big brown piles of gifts. Lot of 'em. As you might imagine, those gifts don't make me feel particularly valued.

My dog makes me feel valued by meeting me at the door when I come home, clearly happy to see me, wanting to play and be petted, and wagging its tail vigorously the whole time.

Some subscribers may actually feel valued by being handed additional piles of brown stuff, in this case, Cartel Coins. And bully for them, I guess.

However, judging by the reaction to the early July gift, many did not feel particularly valued upon receiving it. To feel valued, they might want something that takes more than a modicum of effort and even less thought.

All of that adds up to you deciding what the gift should be and then crying because you did not get it. That is an incredibly selfish attitude.

All of that adds up to you deciding what the gift should be and then crying because you did not get it. That is an incredibly selfish attitude.

LOL! No, not really.

What it adds up to is BWEA setting the expectation that the gift would show subscribers that they are appreciated and then failing to deliver on that expectation.

Subscribers don't subscribe to get cartel coins. Well, any that have even an iota of skill at math don't.

Subscribers subscribe to play content. Flash points. War zones. Space missions. Operations. Missions. Whatever.

Suggesting that cartel coins show appreciation to customers is like saying diners should feel appreciated whenever a server at a restaurant delivers extra napkins to their table. No, a show of appreciation in that setting would be a free appetizer or free dessert.

The "gift" of cartel coins was certainly a gift. But it was one that showed exactly zero thought and as close to zero effort as possible on BWEA's part while at the same time not coming anywhere close to displaying appreciation for many subscribers, as evidenced by the feedback from those same subscribers here on this forum.

This is probably why they've gone silent on the end of July subscriber appreciation gift. They've learned from the first gift that hyping a subscriber appreciation gift when planning to deliver cartel coins is counterproductive.

Edited by DarthTHC

LOL! No, not really.

What it adds up to is BWEA setting the expectation that the gift would show subscribers that they are appreciated and then failing to deliver on that expectation.

Subscribers don't subscribe to get cartel coins.

Subscribers subscribe to play content. Flash points. War zones. Space missions. Operations. Missions. Whatever.

Suggesting that cartel coins show appreciation to customers is like saying diners should feel appreciated whenever a server at a restaurant delivers extra napkins to their table. No, a show of appreciation in that setting would be a free appetizer or free dessert.

The "gift" of cartel coins was certainly a gift. But it was one that showed exactly zero thought and as close to zero effort as possible on BWEA's part while at the same time not coming anywhere close to displaying appreciation for many subscribers, as evidenced by the feedback from those same subscribers here on this forum.

This is probably why they've gone silent on the end of July subscriber appreciation gift. They've learned from the first gift that hyping a subscriber appreciation gift when planning to deliver cartel coins is counterproductive.

Actually what they have learned is that some players are childish and ungrateful prats.

Actually what they have learned is that some players are childish and ungrateful prats.

And that others are happy to bend over and take their "medicine" raw regardless the pain and then praise the great makers afterwards for administering it.

Sadly, there's no middle ground in which rational discourse can occur, is there? :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthTHC

And that others are happy to bend over and take their "medicine" raw regardless the pain and then praise the great makers afterwards for administering it.

Sadly, there's no in between in which rational discourse can occur, is there? :rolleyes:

I never expected anything in the first place, the only people acting up about it are those who felt slighted and won't let it go.

Sadly, there's no middle ground in which rational discourse can occur, is there? :rolleyes:

Accepting a free gift is "bending over"? I suppose that all rational people should be up in arms about how much that they did not get for free?

LOL! No, not really.

Subscribers don't subscribe to get cartel coins. Well, any that have even an iota of skill at math don't.

It really does not matter how many words you try to spin it. It all boils down to this:

1. You were being told that you were getting a gift.
  2. YOU determined what that gift should be.
  3. You did not get that gift.
  4. YOU feel like you have been poorly done to.

You act like free cartel coins is an unheard of level of "appreciation". Now, look at "appreciation" that you get anywhere else.

• Grocery stores give you a points card. Spend enough money, get discounts or something free.
  • Food and coffee joints give you a punch card. Buy enough meals or drinks, get one free.
  • Spend enough money at Best Buy/Fry's etc... get some coupons to spend more money with.

That is standard "customer appreciation". Explain to me what level of customer service that you have experienced elsewhere where hundreds of thousands of people that were given something so awesome that it set your standard to where a month's worth of CC coins being free is not enough.

Complaining about how much you did not get for free is an undeniably selfish attitude.

Edited by TheBBP

How did you get "wrong, irredeemable, spoiled, snot-nosed brats" out of my statement that crying about this is having a "selfish attitude"?

Your thinly-veiled dig at my faith aside, there is no reason to be so mad that you feel the need to embellish what I have said.

Since you have decided to no longer debate and choose to attempt to direct personal attacks at me in lieu of a response to what I have posted, I will offer you another opportunity.

Again,

It really does not matter how many words you try to spin it. It all boils down to this:

1. You were being told that you were getting a gift.
  2. YOU determined what that gift should be.
  3. You did not get that gift.
  4. YOU feel like you have been poorly done to.

You act like free cartel coins is an unheard of level of "appreciation". Now, look at "appreciation" that you get anywhere else.

• Grocery stores give you a points card. Spend enough money, get discounts or something free.
  • Food and coffee joints give you a punch card. Buy enough meals or drinks, get one free.
  • Spend enough money at Best Buy/Fry's etc... get some coupons to spend more money with.

ALL customer loyalty programs revolve around making it a little bit easier for you to spend MORE money with them.

That is standard "customer appreciation". Explain to me what level of customer service that you have experienced elsewhere where hundreds of thousands of people that were given something so awesome that it set your standard to where a month's worth of CC coins being free is not enough.

Complaining about how much you did not get for free is an undeniably selfish attitude.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Come now. The 500 CC were not a gift, they were a slap in the face (although I suppose there are people who view a slap in the face as a gift).

Due to what you had drummed up in your head as a reasonable gift. That day I found in my account 500 more CC than I had the day before. It was a gift.

Wait, this topic is still going? Shouldn't people be raging about pvp changes or how people can buy treek with cartel coins by now?

Nah. They should be complaining about 2.4 changes that haven't been announced or happened yet.