Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

birches pls calm your ****, 200ms isnt the end of the world, its quite playable, please stop acting like melodramatic drama queens , like bioware ate your.. nvm thats tasteless. But please grow up and accept it whinging about it for another 500 pages wont change anything.

This ^^^^^

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

birches pls calm your ****, 200ms isnt the end of the world, its quite playable, please stop acting like melodramatic drama queens , like bioware ate your.. nvm thats tasteless. But please grow up and accept it whinging about it for another 500 pages wont change anything.

That's a very melodramatic response.

I dont believe i have done anything but voice my opinion sir. You on the otherhand have insinuated violence toward me, called another person deficient because they have a differing opinion. i think you are the one that needs to stop feeding people abuse.

Delusional and stupid, just when I didn't think it could get any better. I may as well go continue this conversation with a teapot, at least there would be a slim chance then of some intelligent feedback.

Delusional and stupid, just when I didn't think it could get any better. I may as well go continue this conversation with a teapot, at least there would be a slim chance then of some intelligent feedback.

Please tell me the outcome of said conversation?

In 4 Sexy results!

Well ive only spoken rationally and now you just attempt to insult me?

again reaffirming my argument that is anyone thinks the us-apac merger is a good thing then they are idiots/trolls.

some "community":confused:

Please tell me the outcome of said conversation?

In 4 Sexy results!

Just as soon as I can find someone who speaks fluent retard so the conversation can be translated into a format you'll understand....perhaps Elysiah can manage that.

Is there any good reason why players shouldn't be able to choose their destination server? I can think of none.

Money. Because it costs more money for them to use more man hours.

It takes less man hours to dump us all as a batch from one server to another and fix the fewer conflicts that this can cause, than make lists of who to transfer where, and fix hosts of merging legacies and consolodating character lists, etc.

A character should be a nice clean list of numbers, from designating body type and appearance, to level and class, to datacrons and codex, to all the gear, cash, inventory, and cargo holds, etc. That list of numbers should be easy to transfer from on server to another.

The problem is that during poor management of staff at release and the early layoff reaction to not meeting hype, they lost the programmers who knew how this was rightly working, and lost control of how the data was being cleanly compiled. Legacy, multiple cargo holds, reputation, etc, these systems were never correctly integrated to a clean optimized character data list. As such, they never have had a properly working automated character transfer system, only man hour intensive manual systems.

Now on the cusp of the big 2.0, when everyone is busy already, it is also the one year mark from last April when they opened the APAC servers. They have to pick close or renew, but they have precious few man-hours to spend on the transfer, so it is just a file dump.

That is why we get no choice of destination.

In the worst case yeah the game will be unplayable for certain players. And that's not due to ping, but because your local ISP does not route well to the US West Coast. In the best case, an APAC player will see a disadvantage of roughly 0.15 seconds with minimal lag-spikes.

High end SWTOR gaming at my parents house is near unplayable on an Internode connection to a US server. That is an ISP known and highly respected for the quality of their network, and connections to the US.

High end SWTOR gaming at my home with TPG is near unplayable. They own PPC-1. If you don't understand what that means, you really have little idea on ISPs and international networking.

11:00 pm Queensland time and populations are:

Dalborra 'standard'

The Harbinger 'light'

(All NA servers were 'light' and all European servers 'standard')

Server lag:

Dalborra 63 ms

The Harbinger 210 ms

That is less people to play with at a slower speed.

How can anyone on this forum claim that APAC player experience won't be diminished if we are moved to The Harbginger?

APAC COMMUNITY ANNOUNCMENT:

Please check your server forum (Gav Daragon/Dalborra/Master Dar'Nala) for your dedicated thread. I have made one for each community.

I will copy and paste the text below.

--

Dear APAC Community,

This is Scorpio,

For those of you who don’t know me I’m a Master Dar’Nala gamer. I also happen to host, commentate and stream SWTOR first and (currently) only eSport tournament – The R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championships. This tournament has brought out the absolute best in the Master Dar’Nala community and so myself and my co-host EsKy (Resk/Fresk/Gresk/Dresk/Zersk/Sandee…seriously *** man) were DEVESTATED when we heard what was happening to our beloved servers.

We have spent the last few days talking about it and our disgust for what Bioware are doing to us has only grown stronger.

Eric Musco says a Unified APAC Server isn’t viable. That the numbers don’t add up. I’ve told him this is a lie and he is yet to come back and say otherwise. So we would like to prove it.

This isn’t going to be easy and it is going to rely on as many people as possible: from Gav Daragon, Dalborra and Master Dar’nala combined. But the one thing I’ve learnt from R.A.W is that the APAC Community are passionate, loyal and dedicated gamers.

Simply put, on Sunday 7th April 2013 (weekend after Easter) we are going to be streaming, all day, from DALBORRA.

This is an open invitation to EVERY PLAYER WHO WANTS A CONSOLIDATED APAC SERVER.

Before Sunday 7th, create a character on DALBORRA and level it to level 10. With double xp weekend this weekend PLUS double xp on the following Saturday, you can do it in absolutely no time at all. Republic or Imperial or both – it’s up to you.

From 5:00pm – 9:00pm AEDT, the UNIFIED APAC COMMUNITY will be streamed LIVE from Dalborra.

This is your our – opportunity to prove that we have the numbers to hold a population on a single server: but it will only work if everyone can come together on this.

I am going to put together a streaming itinerary – a list of activities, destinations, faction swaps and communications – for the four hour stint. This will include:

- Interviews with Guilds/Guildmasters from ALL Apac Servers

- PvP Tournaments on Outlaws Den

- Warzones with players from different servers

- Flashpoints with players from different servers

- Fleet Parties

- Faction:Wide Planet Treasure Hunts

- Cantina Crawls (it's exactly what you think it is)

I want to work with players/guilds from ALL Apac Servers to create this event and that is why I have created a singular thread on each of the server forums for this. I would like anyone and everyone to add their suggestions, contacts, guild names, player names etc. to these individual threads. I am going to do my best to pull everything together and put together the biggest event these servers have ever seen.

The purpose of this event is to change the current fate of our servers - HOWEVER - it is also an opportunity to enjoy this game as a single community, something almost all of us wanted and have been asking for, for so long.

I would ask everyone who is going to participate in this event to use this signature.

APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT

7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

Typeface Info: White (Bold for first line), link to http://www.zer0ping.com at end. Centered.

Get the word out to everyone on your server and get involved.

zer0ping is the home of the R.A.W Championships, you can find us on YouTube (zer0pingtv), Twitter (zer0pingtv) and Facebook (zer0ping).

APAC Servers Forever.

Edited by Scorpiooooo

11:00 pm Queensland time and populations are:

Dalborra 'standard'

The Harbinger 'light'

(All NA servers were 'light' and all European servers 'standard')

Server lag:

Dalborra 63 ms

The Harbinger 210 ms

That is less people to play with at a slower speed.

How can anyone on this forum claim that APAC player experience won't be diminished if we are moved to The Harbginger?

In the end it doesnt matter. Ea/bioware have made the decision to merge with NA so BL

So were moving to a server where we will have much greater lag compared to the Americans and where our names will have mostly been taken by them..but we are expected to pay the same subscription fees. Ok so how is that fair to us?

APAC COMMUNITY ANNOUNCMENT:

Please check your server forum (Gav Daragon/Dalborra/Master Dar'Nala) for your dedicated thread. I have made one for each community.

I will copy and paste the text below.

--

Dear APAC Community,

This is Scorpio,

For those of you who don’t know me I’m a Master Dar’Nala gamer. I also happen to host, commentate and stream SWTOR first and (currently) only eSport tournament – The R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championships. This tournament has brought out the absolute best in the Master Dar’Nala community and so myself and my co-host EsKy (Resk/Fresk/Gresk/Dresk/Zersk/Sandee…seriously *** man) were DEVESTATED when we heard what was happening to our beloved servers.

We have spent the last few days talking about it and our disgust for what Bioware are doing to us has only grown stronger.

Eric Musco says a Unified APAC Server isn’t viable. That the numbers don’t add up. I’ve told him this is a lie and he is yet to come back and say otherwise. So we would like to prove it.

This isn’t going to be easy and it is going to rely on as many people as possible: from Gav Daragon, Dalborra and Master Dar’nala combined. But the one thing I’ve learnt from R.A.W is that the APAC Community are passionate, loyal and dedicated gamers.

Simply put, on Sunday 7th April 2013 (weekend after Easter) we are going to be streaming, all day, from DALBORRA.

This is an open invitation to EVERY PLAYER WHO WANTS A CONSOLIDATED APAC SERVER.

Before Sunday 7th, create a character on DALBORRA and level it to level 10. With double xp weekend this weekend PLUS double xp on the following Saturday, you can do it in absolutely no time at all. Republic or Imperial or both – it’s up to you.

From 5:00pm – 9:00pm AEDT, the UNIFIED APAC COMMUNITY will be streamed LIVE from Dalborra.

This is your – our – opportunity to prove that we have the numbers to hold a population on a single server: but it will only work if everyone can come together on this.

I am going to put together a streaming itinerary – a list of activities, destinations, faction swaps and communications – for the four hour stint. This will include:

- Interviews with Guilds/Guildmasters from ALL Apac Servers

- PvP Tournaments on Outlaws Den

- Warzones with players from different servers

- Flashpoints with players from different servers

- Fleet Parties

- Faction:Wide Planet Treasure Hunts

- Cantina Crawls (it's exactly what you think it is)

I want to work with players/guilds from ALL Apac Servers to create this event and that is why I have created a singular thread on each of the server forums for this. I would like anyone and everyone to add their suggestions, contacts, guild names, player names etc. to these individual threads. I am going to do my best to pull everything together and put together the biggest event these servers have ever seen.

The purpose of this event is to change the current fate of our servers - HOWEVER - it is also an opportunity to enjoy this game as a single community, something almost all of us wanted and have been asking for, for so long.

I would ask everyone who is going to participate in this event to use this signature.

APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT

7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

Typeface Info: White (Bold for first line), link to http://www.zer0ping.com at end. Centered.

Get the word out to everyone on your server and get involved.

zer0ping is the home of the R.A.W Championships, you can find us on YouTube (zer0pingtv), Twitter (zer0pingtv) and Facebook (zer0ping).

APAC Servers Forever.

Great post, sounds awesome irrespective of the outcome.

So were moving to a server where we will have much greater lag compared to the Americans and where our names will have mostly been taken by them..but we are expected to pay the same subscription fees. Ok so how is that fair to us?

Its not fair, but its whats happening.

This is not correct.

MDN players are going to the Bastion. The Bastion has significantly more people on at any given time that MDN and it has been that way for months. At MDN, if you're on at off-peak, you may see 5 people on fleet. There is no such "off-peak" time for the Bastion. Even at its lowest, you have about 70 on fleet, and that only lasts for about an hour.

Now that's just an apples to apples comparison. If you had a merged APAC server, of course the merged may have offered better population at peak time but we will never know.

That significantly more people is less than the number that were active on Dalborra. So they're not getting the population gain they would during prime play times and they're getting slapped with extra latency as a bonus. Thats a piss poor solution.

Its not fair, but its whats happening.

it really isnt, but this was the only big AAA mmo to offer APAC servers, im grateful to have been able to pvp at low ping but im just going back to the ping i used to play at for years, im fine with it.

And our chances of getting local servers for future MMOS are likely slim now too...other game companies will have been watching the fate of Swtor's AUS/PAC server experiment.

planetside 2 has an AU server and that game is F2P