Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Frankt

Some of you are hilarious. lol! So... lets see... Bioware, assuming they deliver, is giving you what you wanted: transfers, lfg, new characters, missions and, presumably, improved rewards with the new cap. But somehow... that is not good enough. And... some are already threatening to unsub. lol!

I think some of you need to re-examine why you are really here; why you seek validation on the boards if you are, inevitably, going to unsub. And for a few of you... why you keep coming back here if you have already unsubbed.

I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones.

This.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not want housing in TOR? Then, welcome to the minority. Player housing is one of the most requested features in many MMO forums.

Really? My friends and I always saw it as a pointless timesuck. I can see why people would want it, though. For The Sims players, I was never one to spend much time on making the house :p

All of this looks very nice. My enthusiasm for all this is a little lacking for this simple reason:

Without server transfers and / or merges, all that was announced really doesn't mean a lot.

Sorry for beating on the dead horse though.

All of this looks very nice. My enthusiasm for all this is a little lacking for this simple reason:

Without server transfers and / or merges, all that was announced really doesn't mean a lot.

Your point looks very nice. It actually being a point though is a little lacking for this simple reason:

Server transfers have already been announced to be something to be coming very soon, well before anything announced on E3 yesterday. Pre 1.3 has already been dropped once, possibly linked to start of the pre-season of ranked PvP where you are only able to queue a full 8 man group.

Edited by Devlonir

All of this new crap will continue to be meaningless until server mergers are done and the population is stablized. Also adding Cathar was a nice move but once new customers see how long it willingness take to get one it will kill the anticpation.

Some of you are hilarious. lol! So... lets see... Bioware, assuming they deliver, is giving you what you wanted: transfers, lfg, new characters, missions and, presumably, improved rewards with the new cap. But somehow... that is not good enough. And... some are already threatening to unsub. lol!

I think some of you need to re-examine why you are really here; why you seek validation on the boards if you are, inevitably, going to unsub. And for a few of you... why you keep coming back here if you have already unsubbed.

I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones.

Bioware ask for our feedback on what we the fans want. Thundercats wasn't one of those things. They are just inept at listening to anything other than their own arogance, and then you have the boo-hoo fanbois cryin like little snivelly nosed bratz backing them up. Unsubbed, if I wanted Thundercats, that's what I'd be playing.

Clueless bunch, this lot. Worst time I've ever had on any game.

its funny how even if you give people what they ask for, they still are not happy. some people it seems just want to play forum wars (their version of the ultimate mmo) verses actually playing the game.

its funny how even if you give people what they ask for, they still are not happy. some people it seems just want to play forum wars (their version of the ultimate mmo) verses actually playing the game.

What I wanted is a fantastic Star Wars MMO.. this isn't either. And in no danger of ever being with The Chuckle brothers in charge.

What if the raise in level is from 50 to 52? Or 54? How is that trivializing anything when our gear is already 54 and 56?

Agreed. That was my thinking after seeing people's reactions about invalidating current raid gear. If the level goes up to something like 55, then your raid gear will still be better. Columi is 56, rakata is 58 and campaign/black hole is 61. You'll probably still be using all of your current gear in the new stuff. You just might have a better jumping off point if you're just jumping on the gear treadmill after the increase. I'd also expect the new operation to come with a new tier of gear, along with some mild changes in current loot tables to not completely invalidate current ops (see adding black hole comms to nightmare KP).

You do not want housing in TOR? Then, welcome to the minority. Player housing is one of the most requested features in many MMO forums.

I'd like to see the polls that state this. Otherwise it just sounds like there are a few people that want it and feel that they need to post about it constantly in every MMO forum they come across, to make it sound more important than it really is.

I really couldn't care less about player housing. I already own The Sims.

Dulfy has revealed some new stuff that personally I am going to love. Also get ready, EWOK PETS!!!!!!!!!!

Expansion is available for retail or digital purchase $9.99 (convert for yourself)

- New planet Makeb in which you must choose your side Empire or Republic to find out what this bold move by the Hutt Cartel is all about.

- Increased level cap by 5

- First even legacy race: The Cathar

- Luke Skywalker's speeder from the classic star wars movies. This is a 2 seat speeder, capable of transporting 2 players.

- Kowakian Monkey Lizard (like Salacious B. Crumb from return of the Jedi)

- Ewok companion from the classic star wars movies

- Improved crafting system - New schematics, recipes for weapons and armour and additional crafting levels to hone your skills.

- Exclusive vanity items ( Special character particle effects, unique lightsaber colour etc)

- 3 additional character slots

- 90 days of additional gametime at no extra charge

- a 10 day head start in the new game content.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/survey.jpg

Yup and they will be the first to tell you that it is their right to do so and they are making the game better. But I'm starting to believe this isn't about the game at all for some. Or... maybe as you said, the real game is here.

The attack rotation is as follows: Troll>WallOfText>DeclareSupremacy>UnsubWard>BWRebuke.

Would you say Rift did pretty good with the speed and quantity of content updates?

I have no idea, I didn't play that. I also don't really care because every game launches with a different amount of content. This game launched with:

a) A leveling curve that didn't take long to hit 50 at all

b) A few poorly itemized flashpoints that became obsolete extremely quick

c) Almost no raid content

d) About 500 servers that quickly dried up after the first month

Those a problems they needed to address quickly before the game turns into a Rift, Warhammer, etc.

I'm a realist, I don't feel they need to have years worth of content for people at launch, and honestly the amount they have right now is not bad. They covered © with 1.2 which was great, but appear to be covering (B) and (D) with 1.3 and doing it at a snails pace.

All of this new crap will continue to be meaningless until server mergers are done and the population is stablized. Also adding Cathar was a nice move but once new customers see how long it willingness take to get one it will kill the anticpation.

Server mergers never stabilize populations, except when the spiral of server mergers hits rock bottom.

No, it's pretty dysfunctional if you're incapability of fixing your game from a population management standpoint before 60+% of your population stops logging in.

Although I agree at some point we have to let it go, that point won't be here until a) they do it and b) it's done RIGHT

All of this other stuff is - to many of us - meaningless, because this game is nothing more then a single player RPG and has been for several weeks now.

#1 way to drop 95% of the remaining subscription base in as minimal time as possible.

F2P(free to play) = P2W(pay to win)

And yes, this announcement is amazing and proved my point earlier this week i believed Bioware might have a hidden card up their sleeve, now im just hoping they have a Expansion in the works on top of this, plus i hope this is released by august.

No, free to play doesn't equal pay to win.

Bioware ask for our feedback on what we the fans want. Thundercats wasn't one of those things.

You couldn't be more wrong. Time and time again there were polls about which species was wanted next, and Cathar topped the list every single time. Also, they never said that Cathar was the only species being added.

No, free to play doesn't equal pay to win.

It effectively does, in a game with any sort of PvP anyway.

Warhammer Online set the bar for subscription MMORPGs by introducing P2W pets with the subscription model. :eek: