LI HM as commando healer

Jumping boss seems to be most challenging encounter for me as commando healer so far.

First time I went there with recruit gear, after few tries we killed it barely with few ppl dead. Other runs I had better gear, but it went even harder. It was all GF runs. But ppl were more or less equipped around 20k hp.

As far as I noticed he seems to spit randomly during his perch time above. He spits 4-6 times for 3-4k each and leaves incurable dot that does another 4k over time. If he spits on everyone its pretty much gameover - its at least 32 k dmg and further dmg pressure in a short time. To outheal that I need to spam all heals including kolto and use all cds. After that I'm dry with no ammo regen.

First I wonder if tank can taunt it during this time to prevent dots spreading over group. That would reduce dmg to easily healable.

If this spit is purely random Id like to see any other tips from fellow commando heals on this encounter!

No, I've tanked it and taunting won't work. For a start, the time it takes is far longer than my taunt lasts, and I need to be clicking on my console!

Like all the fights in LI HM, the key to success is damage avoidance. If you're not taking it, no-one has to heal it! If I'm tanking it on my shadow I activate Resilience the first time he jumps to the pipes, Deflection the second, then back to Resilience the next time etc. On my sniper, I save my shield probe for the pipes phase and use it when it's off cooldown. If all members of the party are using their cooldowns properly your job as healer gets a lot easier.

It also helps a lot if everyone except the tank stays behind him during the fight on the platform and avoids his cleave. It can be healed through but any extra healing you do puts more pressure on.

So its between random luck on spits and ppl using defense abilities properly.

But every time all hate seems to go to healer, cos its "obviously" healers fault, not keeping them alive. I actually think ill just keep myself and tank alive if spits get too random, reducing spit dot targets.

Or even better, respec to dps for weekly on this one.

But every time all hate seems to go to healer, cos its "obviously" healers fault, not keeping them alive. I actually think ill just keep myself and tank alive if spits get too random, reducing spit dot targets.

Don't you know, it's always the healer's fault, even when the problem is DPS gratuitously standing in the green scary looking poison crap in the Dr. Lorrick fight and getting 20 stacks of rakghoul virus. :p

You just have to get them through it alive. You'll have a few seconds after the pipes go on fire to top people up before Sav-Rak jumps down again. Pre-emptive measures help too - Trauma Probe will give you some breathing space.

I don't have commando healer but you did say in your previous post that your in recruit gear. This is flat out not good enough for LI and the wipes probably are the healers fault in this case.

Jumping boss seems to be most challenging encounter for me as commando healer so far.

First time I went there with recruit gear, after few tries we killed it barely with few ppl dead. Other runs I had better gear, but it went even harder. It was all GF runs. But ppl were more or less equipped around 20k hp.

As far as I noticed he seems to spit randomly during his perch time above. He spits 4-6 times for 3-4k each and leaves incurable dot that does another 4k over time. If he spits on everyone its pretty much gameover - its at least 32 k dmg and further dmg pressure in a short time. To outheal that I need to spam all heals including kolto and use all cds. After that I'm dry with no ammo regen.

First I wonder if tank can taunt it during this time to prevent dots spreading over group. That would reduce dmg to easily healable.

If this spit is purely random Id like to see any other tips from fellow commando heals on this encounter!

While it is barely doable in Tionese gear I'd recommend you to get Columi level gear first before retrying this flashpoint. Good luck!

Hi!

Sav-Rak is a fight that will be your ultimate challenge so far as a commando medic. The first times I did it, I always died myself at the end, but the rest of the team finished him off for us. Now, it is a fun challenge, and keeps me on my toes.

You need to use everything in your arsenal, every cooldown and every skill you have that can help out.

In your spec, make sure you have Treated wound dressings and Med zone. This will reduce the damage you take yourself, and increase the healing you do on yourself.

The fight has a certain rythm that you need to adapt your healing to. Here are a few pointers:

- When we all group up before his smash, that is an excellent time to drop a Kolto Bomb!

- When he jumps onto a pipe, that is an excellent time to drop a Kolto Bomb to top people up. Even better is if you have recharged and can use your Supercharge cells to give everyone a +5% damage reduction as they run towards the pipes!

- When you stay alone in the center, place a Trauma Probe on yourself. Also, use your reactive shield when you are standing on your own. You should be able to get 2 uses of it if you use it on his first jump. That way you have great periodic healing on yourself while you rotate on the rest of the team with AMP, MP, BI and Hammer shot!

- When the group joins up again as Sav-Rak is jumping down, that is another great opportunity to drop a Kolto Bomb!

- Time your healing and movement so that you, with as little interruption in your healing as possible, move beneath Sav-Rak as soon as you can. Usually that means move while using Hammer shot on a friendly (usually the tank). Keep in your spot and heal from there!

- Don't go in front of Sav-Rak, he cleaves for extra damage, same goes for dps in your group!

Other tips, alternate between AMP, MP, BI and Hammershot on the tank and whoever is taking damage. Never go below 7-8 energy, if you do, use recharge cells to maintain high energy. Intertwine Hammer shot in between your medical probes. It builds charges for Supercharge cells and it heals for a small bit.

Use Tech override and Reserve powercell on a cast of MP when needed during the fight. Save them for when you really need quick, big heals, particularly on the 2nd and 3rd jump you may find you need to use this combo.

Use a click on use power relic, typically before the first jump, this to increase healing on the team. Then, you may find that the cooldown has run out so that you can use it later on. Especially good to pop before supercharge cells (Power relic -> Supercharge cells -> Kolto bomb -> he jumps). If you find you don't need it then, save it for the next jump.

The main tip is to maximize the utility of the Kolto Bomb. Fights like this are "made" for the Kolto Bomb!

The OP.. What was your main stat, and power at? What gear composition do you have? My main is a commando healer and if you can get past the first boss(droid) then this fight should be no problem.

There is some good advise in the previous posts... Like someone said: make sure you are using all the tools you have available to you. This goes for the team as well. Use stims, adrenals, and relics if you have them. Make excessive use of kolto bomb. If you have 30 charges built up punch the green button so that trauma probe has no CD and then restore ammo with reserve power cell. Most of this fight hammer shot and kolto bomb should be sufficient with an occasional ATP and TP thrown in. Find a way to upgrade your mainhand weapon to help increase green beam heals. War hero mainhands are good and are now extremely cheap.

My gut feeling is that you or your group are likely under geared for this FP. LI is more like a mini HM Op than a simple HM FP. It takes precise mechanics to beat the bosses and the group needs to be geared. Just having 20k hp doesn't mean a thing if both the DPS and healer do not have enough damage/healing output. You sound like you know the mechanics OK but just don't have the output to keep up... Or your group is taking more damage than they should due to a host of possible reasons. Even though my commando is in all power stacked BH/Rakata/campaign gear I still come up against PUGs that I just can't heal because they are not geared right or are not helping to mitigate damage like they should.

When on my tank or healer I always do a gear check at the beginning. I don't mind taking new people that are willing to learn if they are geared for it, but I'm not going to waste my time and credits on multiple wipes trying to carry someone with 16k hp who said that they have done it before only to find DPS, heals, or even tanking is not up to par.

Keep at it. You will get it. Try to put together a group before you que, it helps ALOT :)

Thanks for all advises! Always wondered, wth was that serum for :) Now I know... and probably most who read this ;)

I appreciate huge advise posts, but I'm pretty aware of all my abilities, tho I prolly don't sequence perfectly, especially during this fight.

Pug factor is big here, but serum should make HUGE difference if it blocks at least the dot. Last fight ussualy is easier for me aswell, even when I have to cleanse poison stacks from time to time. Few ppl might die in the very end, but that's certainly depends on dps finishing him off fast enough.

It also helps a lot if everyone except the tank stays behind him during the fight on the platform and avoids his cleave. It can be healed through but any extra healing you do puts more pressure on.

This is excellent advice and should not be overlooked.

My goal when healing "Snots" is to get everybody topped off or close to it before he jumps to the pillars. Of course I felt your pain when I first started doing LI and was warned that this would be my biggest test for resource control when I first did it.

I know this doesn't help you but I also time my bubbles so I can hopefully get one on each person when he jumps (ie: hold off reapplying bubble if it's avail before he leaps).

As mentioned and acknowleded, all but tank standing behind him is a huge help when he's on the ground.

I never thought about the rakghoul serum stuff for this FP. Will have to carry some and try it out next run. Be great if the serums/vaccines/cures could be made through crew skills (I don't know if it is or not).

This is excellent advice and should not be overlooked.

The cleave also applies a DoT. Its really important no one stands next to the tank on this one. If your tank positions himself slightly out from the rest of the group on the Smash so he lands a little further away it helps avoid everyone else getting cleaved.

Wait, Rakghoul Vaccine helps in Lorrick fight?

I've been told that it helps, but I've never actually checked the logs on a run with and a run without to really know for sure.

One of the tanks I run with likes to hand out the vaccine, just in cases.