Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I doubt it... I played Empire at War as well ;) The Ion weapon didn't take out the entirety of a Shielded ship, so i doubt it would take out a Planetary Shield..

No game mechanics!

It's still a weapon designed to take out shields and other technology. And I'm not saying that the shield would fail completely. Only that it would create a gap in the shield that needs to be regenerated. Unfortunately, it probably can't before the plasma weapon reaches it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No game mechanics!

It's still a weapon designed to take out shields and other technology. And I'm not saying that the shield would fail completely. Only that it would create a gap in the shield that needs to be regenerated. Unfortunately, it probably can't before the plasma weapon reaches it.

Its first and only appearance was in that game :p

It's worth Noting that it would have to do that after they won the space battle, and those ships likely wouldn't do that well anyway. Once that main turret was gone they were toast, 2 turbolasers, that's all they have left. They're also slow, and vulnerable to fighters, something i have PLENTY of thanks to Santhe/Sienar's incredible fighter arsenal.

Edit: It's designed to take out minor shields on Ground forces, and Medium shields on Capital ships, I highly doubt it could penetrate a Planetary shield.

Edited by Selenial

Its first and only appearance was in that game :p

It's worth Noting that it would have to do that after they won the space battle, and those ships likely wouldn't do that well anyway. Once that main turret was gone they were toast, 2 turbolasers, that's all they have left. They're also slow, and vulnerable to fighters, something i have PLENTY of thanks to Santhe/Sienar's incredible fighter arsenal.

Edit: It's designed to take out minor shields on Ground forces, and Medium shields on Capital ships, I highly doubt it could penetrate a Planetary shield.

You don't have all the time in the world to produce however. The FE won't wait around for an attack. They would attack quickly. I highly doubt you will even have produce a ship. It only takes 2 days to get to you....

EDIT: I too have TIE fighters, bombers, and the like.

Edited by Canino

You don't have all the time in the world to produce however. The FE won't wait around for an attack. They would attack quickly. I highly doubt you will even have produce a ship. It only takes 2 days to get to you....

EDIT: I too have TIE fighters, bombers, and the like.

Opening Garrison mate ;)

Where do you get yours from? Just Curious... Also, it takes 2 days to get to me, if you leave immediately. Besides, 2 days is easily enough to produce a few squadrons of fighters maybe more, seeing as they'll have production lines already created.

Opening Garrison mate ;)

Where do you get yours from? Just Curious... Also, it takes 2 days to get to me, if you leave immediately. Besides, 2 days is easily enough to produce a few squadrons of fighters maybe more, seeing as they'll have production lines already created.

Point.

Oh, and they are part of my fleet. Right here.

Query: Do I theoretically own Santhe/Sienar Technologies? The IGBC was the bank for all major companies. It had so much money Palpatine made sure it was the only company to remain from the CIS, as if it was closed, the galaxy would face a depression like no other.

San/Sienar Tech would most likely have used the IGBC as its way to store money. I know, speculation, but highly likely. They were part of the same organization, so they would know each other. They also would likely do business with each other. The IGBC likely controls all the profits the Santhe/Sienar Tech makes/has made. Simply close there account, and the company goes bankrupt, unable to support itself as a company.

I'm guessing this isn't allowed in the Kaggath, but it does make sense. I implore you to think it over. It is something that my faction could feasibly do, and it is in my sphere of influence.

This isn't barred by any the rules. Exert your monetary power!

Question, Do i get Malgus' space station too? It was part of the fleet, and it would be nice to have it orbiting Raxus Secundus/Prime :p
Another Question. Raxus Secundus was the seat of the Seperatists Parliament... The "Capital World" so to speak, are we going to assume they have Planetary shields etc or are we going to say Not? I dont know if any information exists on it, It makes sense, but I'm preparing for a possible battle Scenario and would like it clarified now, if possible.
The space station was not part of the fleet, it was the Emperor's personal space station commandeered by Malgus. So unfortunately you do not have access to it.

Concerning Raxus Secundus. Planetary shields seems likely for such a vital world.

Alright. I think my first move, and the obvious would be to strike the Raxus system. However, I have a twist....

Something Vader learned from Kenobi was that "A fight is never a goal in itself. Sometimes it is simply a distraction- from the true goal. --And best countered with a larger distraction." This would be the basis of the attacks.

First, send some of the fleet to Raxus. This would act as the first distraction. However, it would be there to cause damage. This would be the largest attack, probably the majority of my fleet. Coupled with the CGT I should be able to do some serious damage. This would most likely be manned by Vader. It would also catch the majority of you fleet.

Next would be a strike team to Bonadan, of units of around a squad of RG and a squad of SG . They would plant bombs, kill and sabotage the spaceports and factories. This would be a quick, deadly and devastating attack from the FE.

Last would be the assault on Saleucami. More units of RG and SG, this time lead by Kanos. They would storm the lay siege to the main city, while hailfire droids bombarded the buildings and rained havoc.

Now here is the important part- I don't think Traya would be able to prevent this. She can see into the future, yes, but she can't see specific events unfolding. She can see vague things, such as a fleet attacking and embarking. She would know that it was a distraction, but she wouldn't know where the other attacks would come from.

Trench would not listen to Traya, as he rarely listen to his adviser and was overconfident, having never lost a battle. He would defend against Vader, and not worry about the other forces that some witch told him about. Thus, the damage would be done.

This is just a rough outline, but I think a tactic like this would work. I actually want criticism on this. I think it is viable, but give me points on it. Please!

Edited by Canino

First, send some of the fleet to Raxus. This would act as the first distraction. However, it would be there to cause damage. This would be the largest attack, probably the majority of my fleet. Coupled with the CGT I should be able to do some serious damage. This would most likely be manned by Vader. It would also catch the majority of you fleet.

Heh. Good luck with that. One: You wouldn't have the CGT until quite late into the battle, by which point you may have already lost. Secondly: Comiting the majority of your fleet to one battle is foolhardy when my fleet is a Shadow fleet. I wouldn't be on the severe defensive, I'd have ships moving into attack too, Stealth ships, which you probably wouldn't even realise were there (Sitting on the other side of a moon from your system) right as your fleet leaves. My fleets go for a devastating strike on that world, with just enough ships to take it. However because my Fleets are all prepped and ready for battle stations, and would be in perfect position, the battle is over before it even began. How would i know your fleet was leaving you ask? Traya.

Now, with an assault like that on your world, you lose the fleets invasion of the Raxus System, due to the fact you'd have to call them back to the Staging world or risk losing it.

Even if that wasn't to happen, You'd be foolish to attack Raxus, due to the planetary shields Raxus Secundus (And most likely Prime too) would have... If you were to do so, and somehow had the CGT, Trench would hide his fleet behind Secundus, and have the Open Circle Fleet between Secundus and Prime. Your fleets would move to engage the Open Circle Fleet, believing it to be the Defense force, however the Stealthed Fleet behind Secundus (Undetected by the CGT due to the Gravitational Flux's coming from the planet blocking those of my ships) would move in and outflank your ships.

It just wouldn't really work as an attack.

Next would be a strike team to Bonadan, of units of around a squad of RG and a squad of SG . They would plant bombs, kill and sabotage the spaceports and factories. This would be a quick, deadly and devastating attack from the FE.

You're highly overestimating your own troops here, when we say Minor Ground force... We mean Really minor, you have a couple hundred Imperial Guard, and then the Sun Guard... I have 10,000 Shadow=-Stormtroopers and Sith Assassins, a portion of which would be on Bonadan.. Both Skilled, Both stealth the moment the attack arrive. Sun Guard squad isn't affected by that, but your Imperial Guard are, and once the IG are down, the SG wouldn't really stand a chance. 2 squads ain't gonna cut it. Besides, how on earth would you make it past the Defense Fleet? Fighters? Nope, Diamond Boron Missiles...

Last would be the assault on Saleucami. More units of RG and SG, this time lead by Kanos. They would storm the lay siege to the main city, while hailfire droids bombarded the buildings and rained havoc.

Again, How get past the fleet? Saleucami would have some of the best defense, being the Military hub, and Malachor of course not actually needing more than a few ships... Half of the Stealth fleet, and any ships i had Modified would likely be there, I could fein a retreat and then fire on your landing shuttles...

Even if you break the blockade, I'd of course have a lot of StormTroopers there, the Majority of them, they'd put up a good enough fight when combined with my Tie Maulers, Tie Tanks, and Turbostorm Gunships... Coupled with a few E522 assassin droids, They could put up a damn good fight, tough battle to call really... Oh, silly me, almost forgot Cronal would be with his Troopers... He'd turn the tide I think.

Now here is the important part- I don't think Traya would be able to prevent this. She can see into the future, yes, but she can't see specific events unfolding. She can see vague things, such as a fleet attacking and embarking. She would know that it was a distraction, but she wouldn't know where the other attacks would come from.

You Gravely underestimate Traya's abilities :p

Especially if Kir Kanos was leading a strike...

Trench would not listen to Traya, as he rarely listen to his adviser and was overconfident, having never lost a battle. He would defend against Vader, and not worry about the other forces that some witch told him about. Thus, the damage would be done.

He wouldn't listen to a droid... Once.

Not really grounds for saying he won't listen to superiors, he listened to Dooku.

This is just a rough outline, but I think a tactic like this would work. I actually want criticism on this. I think it is viable, but give me points on it. Please!

It's all sort of based on your opening attack, which i don't see working, I'm sorry, even if it does work, the individual attacks on the worlds won't be strong enough, and incredibly risky.

Point.

Oh, and they are part of my fleet. Right here.

Ahh yes, but those Models were Rather obsolete by Zanns time, whereas the Tie Avenger, Tie Opressor, Tie Defender (which you have) Interceptor, and Interdictor were rather New, and Epicly awesome, Models :D

Sorry I took a little to reply. I was scheming, eating cold pizza, and playing with my two kittens. Ahh well- back to galactic domination! :)

Sel, nice rebuttal. However, I have a trump card now. Santhe/Sienar Technologies. How you ask? Well...

I make them an offer they

I start with closing off their accounts before they know what has happened. Before they can even withdraw any credits, their accounts are locked, and money mine. Now bankrupt, they are unable to even build the smallest ships. They cannot afford the materials, labor, or sundry production costs.

Financially collapsing, Santhe/Sienar can do nothing but watch as their money, industry and way of life is destroyed. However, there is a way...

The IGBC now makes the offer. Santhe/Sienar works for the FE, producing everything that is needed. In return we fund them. After the Kaggath, their way of life will be restored, their money back, and their greed satisfied. They can do nothing but except.

With the new "asset" the FE begins producing ships, droids, weaponry, etc. and the tides of battle changes. All of this happens very quickly as well. So quickly that the only things that Santhe/Sienar tech can provide for you are the garrison units.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

Why you ask? 2 things.

1) If there was even the chance, Santhe/Sienar would withdraw all funds before this kaggath.

2) Why do you think the IGBC didn't do this during the clone wars? Eh? It's because they're a business, and they know as long as they don't directly harm their opponents they will survive this war. Unfortunately for you, that means they'd realize by cutting off Santhe/Sienar they'd make an enemy of Traya, who'd be fabulously intent on destroying them for that treachery. In the end, they're bankers. Pathetic, afraid, Bankers. Way over their heads. They know they'll survive if they play their cards right. There's no reason they should cut off Santhe/Sienar, no benefit, Muchos risk.

3) It's pure speculation if the IGBC even holds all their funds. There were other Banking Corporations in the Galaxy, Santhe/Sienar most likely being it's own. It is speculation weather Santhe/Sienar was with IGBC or one of the many others, or a split between a few of them...

One note though, looking back at the list i noticed Beni put Santhe/Sienar Technologies.... I actually went for the Santhe Corporation i think, not much of a difference, other than a tiny ground garrison of Santhe Security Corps...

Nope. Not gonna happen.

Why you ask? 2 things.

1) If there was even the chance, Santhe/Sienar would withdraw all funds before this Kaggath.

2) Why do you think the IGBC didn't do this during the clone wars? Eh? It's because they're a business, and they know as long as they don't directly harm their opponents they will survive this war. Unfortunately for you, that means they'd realize by cutting off Santhe/Sienar they'd make an enemy of Traya, who'd be fabulously intent on destroying them for that treachery. In the end, they're bankers. Pathetic, afraid, Bankers. Way over their heads. They know they'll survive if they play their cards right. There's no reason they should cut off Santhe/Sienar, no benefit, Muchos risk.

3) It's pure speculation if the IGBC even holds all their funds. There were other Banking Corporations in the Galaxy, Santhe/Sienar most likely being it's own. It is speculation weather Santhe/Sienar was with IGBC or one of the many others, or a split between a few of them...

One note though, looking back at the list i noticed Beni put Santhe/Sienar Technologies.... I actually went for the Santhe Corporation i think, not much of a difference, other than a tiny ground garrison of Santhe Security Corps...

1. They didn't do it in the Clone Wars because they were funding both sides. If they closed off to the Republic, the galaxy would have been plunged into a depression. By closing for one company, that won't happen. Not in the least. And don't you think the bankers would close before the Kaggath started too? And it is easier for them to hold funds than to withdraw. They are also protected by the best security the galaxy has ever seen, and the biggest Sith lord ever. They won't fear Traya. Not while Vader is still hacking up a lung.

2. They already are enemies with Traya for siding with the FE. Just as S/S Tech (or Corps) is an enemy of the FE. It makes no difference. And Traya isn't stupid. To create a galaxy wide depression has no gain for her. Traya doesn't do things that don't help her somehow.

3. A lot of Traya's power is also pure speculation or opinion. I can assure you, S/S would want to work with the biggest bank, with the biggest security, with the best bankers. No one tops the IGBC for that.

Before the Kaggath even starts S/S will have fallen financially. And then they are mine.

1. They didn't do it in the Clone Wars because they were funding both sides. If they closed off to the Republic, the galaxy would have been plunged into a depression. By closing for one company, that won't happen. Not in the least. And don't you think the bankers would close before the Kaggath started too? And it is easier for them to hold funds than to withdraw. They are also protected by the best security the galaxy has ever seen, and the biggest Sith lord ever. They won't fear Traya. Not while Vader is still hacking up a lung.

2. They already are enemies with Traya for siding with the FE. Just as S/S Tech (or Corps) is an enemy of the FE. It makes no difference. And Traya isn't stupid. To create a galaxy wide depression has no gain for her. Traya doesn't do things that don't help her somehow.

3. A lot of Traya's power is also pure speculation or opinion. I can assure you, S/S would want to work with the biggest bank, with the biggest security, with the best bankers. No one tops the IGBC for that.

Before the Kaggath even starts S/S will have fallen financially. And then they are mine.

1) Not too sure on that one, don't think that's true but its for the others to chime in.

2) Not big enough enemies for her to destroy them. She wouldn't have to create a Galaxy wide depression, or even get rid of it, she could just Absorb them into the Santhe Corporation, and execute their leaders...

3) Heh, no. Cronal and Traya are far scarier than Vader... Hell, hate to bring it again but Trayas ability to affect minds from a distance could allow her to planet fear in the Bankers minds....

Thing is, they have nothing to gain, and a lot to lose, by doing that.

Shutting down money or not giving the money that's theirs to them is going to stir a lot of things in the Galaxy, if they were to even try they would lose Trillions of credits from public outcry, and other businesses fearing the same treatment. And what's the benefit? Helping Vader win? If they believe so strongly that he's going to win, why risk it? Why risk permanent credit loss for something that apparently wouldn't do much good anyway.

Besides, this is all pure speculation not a single, single thread of Canon to back it up on. There were other Banking corporations, and Santhe Corporation is said to have many subsidiaries, what's to say one of them isn't banking, holding their own funds? We can't know, but we also can't know that the IGBC actually had their funds.