Force Wave/Overload Change in 1.4 - An appeal to reconsider

leto_cleon

So why does the Inquisitor/Consular get their AoE nerfed, when all the other classes that have AoE knock back get to keep theirs? Really does not seem right.

Working as intended now, but it's gonna be changed to something it was not intended to be. This is really leaving me a bit distraught. It's an unnecessary change. It almost feels like this change is being bullied on to us.

When I first created my Assassin, one of the things that I thought was cool about an Assassin is that AoE. Taking it away kinda leaves the class a little less desirable since the ability you loved so much will no longer work as intended. Who is this guy who is coming in to our game and changing everything? Does he even play the game?

I have quit so many MMOs over changes just like this one. If changes are continued to happen the way this one is being played out, I foresee SWTOR being -1 more Veteran who has paid and played faithfully since Beta. I love this game...really...but there is only so much I am willing to tolerate from these new Bioware/EA Developers.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say it was a bonus, but based on the reasoning for the change this was clearly not intended gameplay.

Huh? How is it not intended game play? As a Stealther Class myself, I know that sneaking up on somebody takes a bit of skill, timing and maneuvering. I don't get upset if they knock me back when they intended to knock somebody else back. I deal with it, and over come.

How is it not intended? My post above this one clearly shows that I strongly disagree with you. In fact...

Overload

Rank 9

Instant

Force: 20

Cooldown: 20s

Deals 737 - 769 energy damage and knocks back all enemies within 8 meters.

Standard and weak enemies are additionally knocked down for 3 seconds.

Judging from the description of the ability, it is clearly working as intended.

The Developers simply want to change it because people are picking on the ability because they can't play right in Huttball. Same reason Resolve is being changed, because people can't play right in Huttball. Both of these changes are being made because of Huttball, not because they are not working as intended.

Edited by Wraiven

Huh? How is it not intended game play? As a Stealther Class myself, I know that sneaking up on somebody takes a bit of skill, timing and maneuvering. I don't get upset if they knock me back when they intended to knock somebody else back. I deal with it, and over come.

In addition, while Overload and Force Wave make for great escape abilities, they have done so previously at a cost to the overall PvP experience. What we want for these abilities is to create distance between you and your target(s), but what frequently occurs is a bad experience for incidental nearby enemies that aren’t your intended target(s)

Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-update-class-changes-and-balance-game-update-1.4

Yes yes, in other words, they are making the rules up as they go. It was in fact working as intended, until bad players starting crying about the ability. Now it is being changed so that bad players can have one less thing to cry about. It's the same with all MMOs. They change to fit the bad player's needs. They end up dumbing it down so much, that good players leave in mass exodus.

Just because they are making up rules as they go, to try and convince you it was not working as intended, does not mean it was not *already* working as intended.

I mean, come on...really? You actually believe that?

Edit: Furthermore, I am fairly certain when they created it, they intended for you to use it to knock back everyone who is nearby in a 360 degree radius. The same as they intended the same ability for the Bounty Hunter, or the Trooper. The same as they intended for the Sniper and the Gunslinger. They have no legitimate reason to simply pick on the Inquisitor and Consular. None what-so-ever. No matter how much they try and weave their web.

Negative affect to players around them indeed. It's supposed to work that way, just as all the other knock back abilities are supposed to work in the way that they do. This change is uncalled for, unwarranted and preposterous.

Edited by Wraiven

In addition, while Overload and Force Wave make for great escape abilities, they have done so previously at a cost to the overall PvP experience. What we want for these abilities is to create distance between you and your target(s), but what frequently occurs is a bad experience for incidental nearby enemies that aren’t your intended target(s)

To be honest as a sage any nearby enemy is considered to be an intended target to me. :) But the restriction would be ok if were given a 10m group stun (considering the range cap of our stun too) :p.

Erm, no it's not. If you know there's a stealther nearby, why don't you just point the new 15m cone in his general direction before you use it? Same effect as now.

A 120 Degree vs 360 is not even a option. 360 is a Stealth breaker, 120 is just flapping your arms hoping to fly.

Yes yes, in other words, they are making the rules up as they go.

Indeed they do. It's called balancing by some. Intended gameplay also changes.

This change is uncalled for, unwarranted and preposterous.

I get it. You are QQ'ing over your 'sin, feeling he/she is getting nerfed into the ground. Reroll or unsub if it bothers you that much.

Edited by Veniras

• 2 weeks later...
I once again ask for the 120 degree cone to be facing backwards not forwards, I want to get people off my back not front.

This should be very easy to arrange considering where most of the changes were drawn from....

Really? Do you have a huge force fart coming out of your ***?

After having played for a bit with the new changes, I have to say I love them. All of them.

I love it on my Assassin. I can use it offensively so well. Interrupt those pesky Masterstrikes/Ravagers, push people off of ledges, firepits, etc.. It's perfect.

Electric bindings with the new overload is an unquestionable buff to people who can actually aim the ability..

yeah i like new overload, but problem is sometimes it doesnt work as intended, i aim on 3 guys and only 1 is kicked??

maybe problem is they were stunned or is it bugged... so my question is why i cannot kick back stunned player? this sucks ...

yeah i like new overload, but problem is sometimes it doesnt work as intended, i aim on 3 guys and only 1 is kicked??

maybe problem is they were stunned or is it bugged... so my question is why i cannot kick back stunned player? this sucks ...

You should be able to do. At least I can. Is their resolve bar full? Knockback does not work on the ones with full resolve bars.

You should be able to do. At least I can. Is their resolve bar full? Knockback does not work on the ones with full resolve bars.

yeah thats what i am speaking about.

i cannot kick ppl with full resolve, same problem have on juggy and sorcy... and asking why?

i know its working as intended but its bad developed ...

why stunned player cannot be kicked back or down .... thats stupid imao ...

yeah thats what i am speaking about.

i cannot kick ppl with full resolve, same problem have on juggy and sorcy... and asking why?

i know its working as intended but its bad developed ...

why stunned player cannot be kicked back or down .... thats stupid imao ...

Because this is how the resolve bars are working, i.e. immunity for a brief period of time to CC abilities, and knockbacks are considered as part of the CC abilities. My suggestion would be you read up on resolve bars, ,there are plenty of posts around. Also, stunned players can be knockbacked provided their resolve bars are not full.