I would love to see level brackets return for tactical flashpoints

The problem I have encountered in most tactical flashpoints is that in some of the more difficult level 55 flashpoints like Depths of Manaan would most likely result in a wipe since there would be a lower level player who will have less abilities. Another thing i have noticed is that low level players are constantly getting kicked from these flashpoints. What i was thinking was to have group finder bracket certain flashpoints for lower level players so they will be more likely to have a successful group.

Another idea would be to have another flashpoint similar to kuat drive yards which would allow all levels to join if the devs want to add a slight variety of flashpoints to que for during lower levels. I think this idea would help make tactical flashpoints less frustrating to complete for some. I would like to hear your opinions on this.

I like having the choice of every single flashpoint at endgame - makes for nice variety. Still, the issue of getting a team without the necessary abilities needs to be addressed

What I think they should do is essentially the middle ground between what we had before and what we have now.

Esseles/Black Talon was, and still is 10-14

Instead of unlocking everything at 15, it should just be Hammer Station and Kuat that unlock then, as it was before KotFE.

Athiss should unlock at 19, Mandalorian Raiders at 23, etc, etc until you get to 55 and you have everything unlocked. Then again, perhaps Blood Hunt and Battle Of Rishi could unlock at 56.

That would fix the issues of "Oh crap, that one doesn't have the right abilities so we have to boot them" and reduce the chances of wipes... in theory.

I'm probably tempting fate by saying this, but how hard could it be to implement?

• 1 year later...

Another disadvantage is that some of the high-level flashpoints in group finder can provide some story spoilers for new players such as The False Emperor and The Foundry. Maybe they can issue a spoiler warning in the group finder interface in addition to the level brackets for those who have not completed all the storylines.

Blood Hunt and Depths of Manaan definitely need a level bracket since they are more challenging and can be extremely tough on lowbies (looking at you Joss and Valk).

Some of the high-level tactical flashpoints with low-level players can be just as tough as some of the Hard Mode flashpoints.

The people who are actually kicking low level players from lowbie veteran mode because of " gear" are the real bad . They suck, and cannot complete a veteran flashpoint that is abit more difficult than hammer station, because they need a team that can carry them., so they want someone to blame. Considering I played and beat umbara with a mixed team( my alt was lvl 17), nobody should be kicking anyone from a group because of their level; vet mode gear is scaled to 230.

So, no, I don't agree with this proposal. It's easy mode for groups, and none of the flashpoints are hard. Actually, take that back, blood hunt is probably the only hard one, because of that fight with the couple. But that isn't a problem with the flashpoint itself. That one fight is unbalanced, as they are more difficult than Shae. Manaan is fairly easy, because once you learn the boss fights, avoid standing in stupid, and get kolto when you need it, its easy.

Edited by cool-dude

I like having the choice of every single flashpoint at endgame
At endgame yes, but not at lvl 15, no one needs 30 Flashpoints to pick from at that level, no one will even manage to complete more than few of them before power-leveling to 50s at the current XP rates Edited by Pietrastor

Speaking as a newbie myself, I didn't actually even attempt a veteran/tactical or whatever FP UNTIL level 70 with my main in 230 gear.

Baptism of fire indeed. It was Red Reaper, I got my bottom whooped 3 times mainly because I assumed it would be a simple thing, can't get away with nearly as much nonsense as you can with solo modes. Didn't even see the last boss as I was knocked into the pit within 2 minutes. That's a lack of knowledge on my part.

There is no way to learn a majority of the FPs as they have no solo/practice mode. So how do you get better? You of course have to play them as they are.

Now there's still more vets than there are nubs and at least in GF, people want a smooth ride all the way through without Nubby McNewb ******* up. Though from what I understand it is entirely possible to solo tactical/veteran FPs anyway.

Maybe level brackets would help but veteran/tactical FPs are always going to need an "l2p" period for anyone like myself.

Doesn't help that so much of the solo game has become easier over the years with fewer and fewer places where we actually need to use our tools (interrupts, stuns, defensives) so when you get to group content where such things are needed, a lot of people seem to forget that those things even exist. :(

I partly agree with the bracketing idea, though what could help more (both with vets and fp#s in general9 is to bring back the trintiy requirement. basically take out that stupid role-neutral crap that does not work all that well anyways, and incentivise playing whatever role is needed at the moment.

Planety of peopel I meet over the years never tried otu tnaking or healing, but many who do stuck to it because they found it wasn#t all that bad after all. Just give them an incentive and they'll get to it and maybe find they have fun.

The people who are actually kicking low level players from lowbie veteran mode because of " gear" are the real bad . They suck, and cannot complete a veteran flashpoint that is abit more difficult than hammer station, because they need a team that can carry them., so they want someone to blame. Considering I played and beat umbara with a mixed team( my alt was lvl 17), nobody should be kicking anyone from a group because of their level; vet mode gear is scaled to 230.

But there are problems that do come up. for example some fp#s like False Emperor, where sub-level 18 do not have an interrupt (or similar cases where itnerrupts are requrie dby the mechanics), or cases where bosses do hard focuses when they don#t have any deff-cd's yet and so on.

Sure, there are not many cases, and decent palyers of high level can usualy compensate, but What about a gorup of purely level 10-20 or so? that can and does happen.

On Umbara: come on, the seocnd you have a healer that entire fp is a cakewalk, no matter the level, if players have brains. From the coupel of runs i did so far (hate the train part shaking, but got to get them damn stornghold keys) it ranks mid-ish in the difficulty at best.