The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Not Group Finder stuff, but I'm currently leveling a Shadow and spent the last two night on Coruscant grouping with people who just do not know how to play their classes yet. Vanguards without a cell active, Sents without a lightsaber form active. starting every fight with massive AoEs . . . so frustrating.

LOL i was in the hard mode fp the false emporor and this guy im a tank. Since hardmode is basically all lvl 50-55 i was pretty sure everyone knew how to do fp and could tell who was good and who was bad. When we started this sentinel tried to attack me and then in chat said y is this sith not attacking?i laughed histercial

Not Group Finder stuff, but I'm currently leveling a Shadow and spent the last two night on Coruscant grouping with people who just do not know how to play their classes yet. Vanguards without a cell active, Sents without a lightsaber form active. starting every fight with massive AoEs . . . so frustrating.

That's not weird people. That's new people.

Edited by PLynkes

Just went through Cademimu HM on red eclipse. When I join 3 guys all from the same guild. at this point I'm thinking this will be over fast (All my gear is verpine/underworld) there's were the same, and some a little better.

Anyway, we get to the first boss and they halt...:rak_02: Then I figured they were on TS or something and one of them were new in this one. After a few minutes of waiting the fight starts, one gets caught in the "jail" meant for the droid thing, but hey it happens to all of us every now and then.

This is were the fun starts. They begin to skip a hole lot of the trash. The way they played it was just like they never tryied it before, but read about it somewhere. So I ask them, if the guild is "a real casual one" and I use a smiley :) Then I get alot of **** from them about not being friendly. So we press on and they start to make mistakes so they die while doing odd tactics. At this point I'm thinking "okay no biggy", lets just get this overwith so we can live our sepparate lives. Well I gotta say I expected more from them then that. :rolleyes:

When we reached the last boss they decide to go back and do the bonus... Erhmm at this point I had it... First you skip half the FPs mobs and then you want to go back and do 'em? I mean get real! So I ask them you want to do bonus now? And after there reply I add this "Jesus Christ". At this point they proberly had it with me. So when the bonus died I didn't care to loot, I just went down the elevator. :confused:

So on the last boss they didn't care to free me from the chains so I had to use my "breaker" no biggy. Second time they went off to the next "free" area and keept on hitting the boss. So with my "breaker" on CD and stuck in the fire I die. At least I got revived, then it happened again, but no revive. At this point I had it. They got the boss down and while I had to wait for the exit to channel I got a lot of hate from them... I mean come on it's a game, but there is no need to close you eyes while playing or even begin to make it somebody elses fault! :mad:

So here I added three ppl to my ignorer list. I wonder if it ever gets full... :p

I was tank in Bording Party with a DPS Powertech who kept using his taunts. It was annoying, he continued doing so even though I told him to stop it several times.

I was so annoyed I left the group.

On my Assassin tank I recently queued for Cademinu as DPS. Our healer was clearly DPS specced and only healed when neccessary.

I can't believe we got through it. I am so glad I wasn't the tank (who died once because our healer was dealing damage instead of healing.

Had quite the experience in Hammer station last night. My main tank is jugg lvl55 with 33k hp (66+69 purples+1x72), not top, but i am still working on it, so off to gf, and - voila - insta pop HM Hammer station. Guildmate with oricon head gear also gets rolled in the group, so we say Hi, and all goes well up to the mining droid. Now, i have done this FP a couple of times, but now my HP seems to drop quite fast, and eventually I die ... sorc resses me, and tells that "you are a bit undergeared for this fp" ... well .. that was no problem up to this point, and thats why i run these fp-s to gear up ... now i do notice, that this stacking debuff gets up to as high as 8 before being clensed, and also see that there are no shields on me ...

With your jugg if healer misses that debuff you can avoid death with Saber Reflect. If s/he misses it in the sense of "crap, was doing something else and got distracted" but if they don't know about that mechanic, you die since boss will cast that often and Saber Reflect won't be available.

And ugh... "undergeared"... 66/69 is pretty much overgeared for those 55 hms that got retuned when 2.0 hit. Anyone else remember in RotHC early access when tanks and healers were clearing them, at most, with campaing/dread guard gear ? That means they had like 21k/22k and 25k/28k health...

Edited by wainot-keel

I was tank in Bording Party with a DPS Powertech who kept using his taunts. It was annoying, he continued doing so even though I told him to stop it several times.

I was so annoyed I left the group.

Not defending this behavior as it's wrong in PvE, but most likely he/she is a PvPer used to taunting on CD for protection numbers. I used to be in a PvP guild and a lot of their "tanky" dps would do that even in PvE until you reminded them.

Not defending this behavior as it's wrong in PvE, but most likely he/she is a PvPer used to taunting on CD for protection numbers. I used to be in a PvP guild and a lot of their "tanky" dps would do that even in PvE until you reminded them.

If he was that used to it, he could have at least apologized for it, but he didn't say anything (and continued doing so). He also used both his taunts at once several times which is kinda weird (though I have no idea about pvp tactics).

I know you're just trying to explain why he did this, nevertheless as a tank it's just annoying as hell.

Weird people you meet are those who complain about new people being new.

And ugh... "undergeared"... 66/69 is pretty much overgeared for those 55 hms that got retuned when 2.0 hit. Anyone else remember in RotHC early access when tanks and healers were clearing them, at most, with campaing/dread guard gear ? That means they had like 21k/22k and 25k/28k health...

Nowadays there seems to be a trend in the game: everyone expects you to be obscenely overgeared for everything. I joined a group for hard mode Eternity Vault the other day with my then level 50 Sorcerer, in full War Hero gear, 21k HP. The other healer was also level 50, he had like 22k HP.

The raid leader was getting worried, he proposed that one of us should be replaced because it's risky to start it with two level 50 healers... I reminded him that hard mode EV is tuned for level 50s in Columi gear and the other six players were all level 55 with 30k+ HP. In the end I barely had to heal anything, I spent most of the Ops DPSing.

SO two nights ago , I was in a HM FP Meltdown and one of the mini-boss drops some Vanguard tank purple 69 modded pants ( I was on my Tank Vanguard ). The thing was they matched what I already had on so I thought I would roll greed so the whole party would have a chance at getting the item for their alts or companions or for mine. While three of us rolled greed the fourth member a DPS said some comment about armor being armor and rolled need. I just politely gave him a little advice , that it's best not to roll need on a tank item and that it was just a heads up. To my surprise the healer said he had every right to roll need on the item.

I have never heard of that ever before , I just mentioned that we should of all had a chance of the item via the RNG of rolling greed. Anyone else heard of this ? I had actually heard that I myself would have had every right to roll need on it as i was the tank , but thought as i had a similar item that I would give everyone a 25% chance of getting it.

Very odd.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

If he was that used to it, he could have at least apologized for it, but he didn't say anything (and continued doing so). He also used both his taunts at once several times which is kinda weird (though I have no idea about pvp tactics).

I know you're just trying to explain why he did this, nevertheless as a tank it's just annoying as hell.

Just positing a theory. He could, in fact, be entirely stupid. At the very least, he should've stopped when you asked him.

I have never heard of that ever before , I just mentioned that we should of all had a chance of the item via the RNG of rolling greed. Anyone else heard of this ? I had actually heard that I myself would have had every right to roll need on it as i was the tank , but thought as i had a similar item that I would give everyone a 25% chance of getting it.

Very odd.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I agree with you BadOrb, there were threads on the topic. You can search 'greed or need' to find a long list of those. I think people are seriously split and everyone has their own opinion.

When I was presented with the choice for a first time I misunderstood the meaning of need being a necessity and greed being a desire to posses something one does not actually need. I vaguely remember someone letting me know I should not be doing it.

Today I personally find it rude when someone chooses to 'need' on an item we all require or need unless it is a unique/rare item or mount. Probably all choices should be discussed within a group beforehand and there are no written rules, that I know of.

Posting this question here was a terrible mistake. This is not going to end well :)

Last night i queued up as a tank for the false emperor.

I had the tank icon so i figured i was gonna be the tank.... All of a sudden one of our sentinels decided it would be a nice idea for him to tank:eek: i stated to him that i was the tank and he queued up as a dps but apparently he thought so otherwise & just randomly left at the last boss.... ninja'ed loot & dissapeared into the night :mad:

I've given up on debating the issue. In the MMOs I played previously, "need" meant you can use the item to improve your character (and giving your pet monkey a cute hat wasn't a valid reason!). Nowadays I think a lot of people feel entitled to everything whether they need it or not. I won't say respect it, because I don't, but I've just realized that you can't fight it.

I seriously think they should rename it to "want"/"don't want" though.

When I was presented with the choice for a first time I misunderstood the meaning of need being a necessity and greed being a desire to posses something one does not actually need. I vaguely remember someone letting me know I should not be doing it.

Um...how is that misunderstanding it? Is that not exactly what the name "need before greed" exactly implies?

Why? You all need it, you all roll need, where's the problem?

Because I have made a choice before you decided to take advantage of the system and win the item for yourself. Well next time I will need on everything that pops. it is your idea of what one actually needs, like mats. We all need them but it does not mean we have to select need every single time. If i don't need an Item I will select pass, have you forgotten about this option? I so don't want to be dragged into pointless conversation. :(

P.S. I have caps lock on my keyboard but I understand I should not be using it. Just because there is a need button....

Edited by ELRunninW

I've given up on debating the issue. In the MMOs I played previously, "need" meant you can use the item to improve your character (and giving your pet monkey a cute hat wasn't a valid reason!). Nowadays I think a lot of people feel entitled to everything whether they need it or not. I won't say respect it, because I don't, but I've just realized that you can't fight it.

I seriously think they should rename it to "want"/"don't want" though.

I agree, it is a matter of perception of what one person needs. I may need an item for my companion or alternative armor set, or simply because I want to sell it to a vendor, we all need credits right? All choices can be explained somehow, but often, unless you chose need, you are not likely going to get the item.

Because I have made a choice before you decided to take advantage of the system and win the item for yourself. Well next time I will need on everything that pops. it is your idea of what one actually needs, like mats. We all need them but it does not mean we have to select need every single time. If i don't need an Item I will select pass, have you forgotten about this option? I so don't want to be dragged into pointless conversation. :(

P.S. I have caps lock on my keyboard but I understand I should not be using it. Just because there is a need button....

That's how it was three of us chose greed as it wasn't for any of us and then the fourth person took advantage and rolled need. I agree with you on mats and things I think rolling greed is fine. I also agree with the last part you mention , I think people do forget that there is a pass option , maybe that's where those two party members got confused.

It seems you where right the topic is a little toxic it seems , sorry I asked now , no worries though , just don't get yourself upset over the replies etc. O and before I forget the person needing on that tank piece caused another party member to need on extra items at the final boss , due to the other two party members lack of knowledge or understanding of the system. So good luck to them but they might get some one really annoyed at some point.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Luckily it doesn't matter much at max level because serious raids use master looter, and all the other loot is pretty easy to get. When was the last time anyone actually needed something from a FP? It happens, but it doesn't happen often.

The best excuse I've ever heard to need something you don't need is "im bad sith lol". Clearly that person knew he was being a jerk. No debate necessary when even he thinks he was in the wrong :)

I agree, it is a matter of perception of what one person needs. I may need an item for my companion or alternative armor set, or simply because I want to sell it to a vendor, we all need credits right? All choices can be explained somehow, but often, unless you chose need, you are not likely going to get the item.

That's not what I meant, but let's leave that discussion for another time and another place.

I genuinely don't understand what you're talking about. You said you find it rude if someone rolls need on an item you all require or need. If you need it, why don't you roll need?

Let's say that I'm running an FP with another DPS Guardian. A piece of gear drops that's an upgrade for both of us. Do you consider it rude if we both roll need?