Republic: Do you guys even try/care about PvP?

Lium

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try and lonewolf a few every night to see where we're at. It's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. Then again, the amount of keyboard turning witnessed is kind of disheartening. Edited by vilmer

it really isn't nearly as bad as people make it. and it's definitely just as frustrating when you're playing imp toons. as I said, it's heavily depending if you have 'good people' on the opposing team or not. it just seems to me that it really .is. coming down to the imps forming premades way more often than the republic does.

I rarely soloqueue anymore not because of the win/lose ratio, but because playing with people I know makes the trolls and warzone-quitter more bearable.

It's not bad at all, we just got more and new people who may not play warzones since day one and have to get used to it, maybe it's their first MMO. You win some, you lose some, you win some with perfection, you lose some with horrible performance. That's life.

The only thing that really ruins warzones, is those QQ people queueing up solo, talking crap and annoying the rest of the team the moment you lose a node or a bomb gets planted on a door or whatever. If you can't lose just don't queue up for regular warzones at all, it's annoying to have those "You guys are scrubs" people in a game who can't do anything good but talk and talk or if you have 2 of them they even annoy each other until they leave and ruined the whole warzone for people who tried to change the game.

Oh and if you play FOTM and want to say how skilless the other guys on your team are stop it, I play some FOTMs as well sometimes just for fun, it's lol nothing more.

Dunno how many warzones we've turned around completely when all those wannabe elites finally left the warzones and we got guys who actually knew how to play their class or just try to win. For example we've turned one or two Novare Coasts from 2% to maybe even 100% to a 2% - 0% win.

People cry way too much in this game and I'm not talking about some blowing of steam if you have had a very bad day of PVP, that happens.

If you want perfect games find a good team for ranked warzones or build one with you guild, random regular warzones are what they are, if you can't deal with it, stay out of those.

Speaking in general here, not adressing anyone personally.

It's just a buttonhitting game, there's no real skill in playing the slot machine. Teamwork is what makes things different.

Edited by NRN_Hawk

I think the title and OP is right...I mean look the supposedly top 2 pvp guilds rep side were busy on hoth the other night making a movie of an in game wedding. I think that right there shows that they really do not care about pvp they would rather get drunk and give in to the demands of one girl and do a wedding than pvp.

I think the title and OP is right...I mean look the supposedly top 2 pvp guilds rep side were busy on hoth the other night making a movie of an in game wedding. I think that right there shows that they really do not care about pvp they would rather get drunk and give in to the demands of one girl and do a wedding than pvp.

i think you forgot to post your opinion about the wedding on the suggestions section of the general forums. you should get to work on that...

It's not bad at all, we just got more and new people who may not play warzones since day one and have to get used to it, maybe it's their first MMO. You win some, you lose some, you win some with perfection, you lose some with horrible performance. That's life.

The only thing that really ruins warzones, is those QQ people queueing up solo, talking crap and annoying the rest of the team the moment you lose a node or a bomb gets planted on a door or whatever. If you can't lose just don't queue up for regular warzones at all, it's annoying to have those "You guys are scrubs" people in a game who can't do anything good but talk and talk or if you have 2 of them they even annoy each other until they leave and ruined the whole warzone for people who tried to change the game.

Oh and if you play FOTM and want to say how skilless the other guys on your team are stop it, I play some FOTMs as well sometimes just for fun, it's lol nothing more.

Dunno how many warzones we've turned around completely when all those wannabe elites finally left the warzones and we got guys who actually knew how to play their class or just try to win. For example we've turned one or two Novare Coasts from 2% to maybe even 100% to a 2% - 0% win.

People cry way too much in this game and I'm not talking about some blowing of steam if you have had a very bad day of PVP, that happens.

If you want perfect games find a good team for ranked warzones or build one with you guild, random regular warzones are what they are, if you can't deal with it, stay out of those.

Speaking in general here, not adressing anyone personally.

It's just a buttonhitting game, there's no real skill in playing the slot machine. Teamwork is what makes things different.

You know hawk, for all the random horn blowing you do, you really are alright with that statement. I tip my hat to you sir.

The fact that I see the same mistakes being made over and over again leads me to believe we don't do enough as a community to promote good game play. From the basic rules (This week alone I had player in novare coast announce that we needed a 3 cap to win and another player in Alderaan try to tell everyone we were winning, even though we were down 200 pts and never held more than one node.) to strategy (playing death match at our own goaline, not passing, not defending node, not capping the node... and the list goes on) even bad game play (force running backwards is my favorite and I see it all the time, not to mention keyboard turners, mouse clickers).

A little player education would go along way. My suggestion would be to form PVP classes, spam on fleet take them to Coruscant shuttle hanger and run scrimages of some kind. ...but sadly finding people willing to get help, will be more difficult than finding people to help them.

Have fun...Tort

You will never have a good pvp community unless player ownership is tied to the pvp system. Every game that has done so had/has a vibrant pvp community.

E-rivalry requires symbols of e-honor (cities, bases, space stations, houses, boats, spaceships, ect...). Until there is a major player and guild centric dynamic around pvp there will be nobody who really "cares about it". In the absence of tangible, expensive, and valued items that players can take from one-another, pvp is no more serious or "cared about" than an amateur softball league.