there is no way the devs designed hutball to be played like this

Masturomenos

Hutball has gamebreaking hax available to anyone

The ability to que with a lvl10 and a premade allows you to have your alt get on the opposing team and carry their own ball to their end zone and wait to get killed for easy scores. The ability to do this is ridiculous. Either make the ball reset once carrier is killed or if a character holds the ball without movment on their own end of the field make the ball reset. Not allow premades to get into same BGs as normal people queing. To not have same faction fights which would fix this all together. Just me posting the ability to do this will increase it for the people who dont know it can be done so far.

On a seperate L2P issue which is not L2P it is a cheezy way to bypass all the millions spent and all the hours spent designing this BG. The ability to completely avoid the stairs and fire to score is stupid. Why take the time to design these obstacles just to make them irrelevant. You can stealth to the scoring end while someone with a speedboost grabs ball in center and hits their dash which takes them exactly the right distance on the bottom floor without ever stepping on the bridge just in perfect range for them to toss it up to the waiting stealthed player who walks it in. Now anyone can do this but why then even implement the obstacles why not just make it flat since there is no reason for all these pretty fires to even be there. This takes any skill out of coordination. The only two classes that should even play hutball are either ones with speedboost or with a knockdown (since i spend my entire match on defense trying to get anyone and everyone on the opposng team to the bottom level while my team chases not realizing that they are being tricked into staying on the bottom while the opponents stealthed player wait above for easy passes up avoiding any defense). Heals, dps, etc dont help at all there is absolutely no need for balance or a heal debuff the game is not won like that its won only with cheezy mechanics that promote and reward complete avoiance of battle whatsoever actually fighting in hutball is counter productive the way it works right now. This can be fixed by one not allowing passes up or down from the ball carriers only even level throws forward, back, side to side. Another fix is to make the team with the ball have to hold it for a certain time before they can score and even add a debuff to the carrier that they cant use boost or take less healing and more damage but also the longer you hold it there is a chance to get a crit on a score for 2 points. Also just like basketball anyone in the opponents scoring zone should have a 3 second rule (adjuted to more time to be fair) where they get a slow or lose stealth the longer they stand there.

Bioware you spent all this time to make this BG special it is also the one that pops about 75% of the time and its broken. Why not just make it a football game with a flat field. There is no way your team designed this BG to be played like this.

Another rant in a long line of rants. Bug fixes are great. Getting tatoos of your company logo cool i have tatoos also. Mount emotes great cant wait to say hello mounted and unmounted shoul fill up my evening schedule with that one. The issues we are requesting are not the ones being implemented. You can say the game is new yes to the normal person who got it on the 20th of December. Unfortunately that is not true a mmo is out the moment he beta goes public which is now months of complaints and issues stll here today. I absolutely love my class story and the mechanics are awesome to me. Ill even put up with so many CCs they become a rotation rather then a skill timed correctly but please if your not allowing people to ques for specific BGs atleast make the one that pops all night work.

(To all the people who will complain and not see the issue here thats great but in pvp u fight people not respawning dragons every cancled sub is less content for you. Unless u expect a new BG every couple months when ur que increases and the competition dwindles and your left in a 5v2 BG everytime you enter one go ahead and copy paste this post i give you permission to use it as evidence of complaints falling on deaf ears)

I will not quit the game like is said before its great otherwise. But i do not downplay the other issues people are having they are all just as warranted plus if u understand my sig u understand from what i do i dont quit. Just please look into this and let us know if this is on your radar of issues to fix. Please communicate.

Bioware you spent all this time to make this BG special it is also the one that pops about 99.999999% of the time and its broken. Why not just make it a football game with a flat field. There is no way your team designed this BG to be played like this.

FTFY. Welcome to failball, I love you.

It s worth buying a second account for this exploit. Its easy just going to use a stealthed main to get to my lvl10 alt who will be there waiting for me holding the ball. I dont even need to dual box since there is no way to flag someone for afk ill get my alt in place then minimize my screen and get my main over to kill them. If anything i may get lucky just afk in the warzone simply play my alt and let my mains teamates kill him without even using one ability on my main while i get all the rewards. Since its allowed its not a issue apparantly and i recommend even if u dont buy another account just swap places with ur guildies or friends every couple matches to do this with them. Even if u dont get the oppoing teams side or into the same BG just leave and reque since there is no penalty for that aswell.

I appreciate the response by bioware about the plans of future pvp but before more cross faction bolstered BGs are implemented the community would like the ones currently in place to work first. Stretching too far and putting out 50% completed content is what has lead to the issues on these forums already. Really do u think more of that is the way to go?

As i quote from the weekend update seth myers skit "REALLY Bioware, REALY?"

LOL u talk of coordination. Coordinate a defense! Have a player be like a goalie on your back line to intercept that "HACK" pass that your talking about.

We run a shadow spec consular with a knock off and target pull, no one gets by em, not even stealthies waiting on the back line for a score.

What you are QQing about is easily defended with anyone with some sports strategy, nice try but you failed.

Its like a wide receiver in football, u dont cover em u get burned for a touchdown, simple sports mechanics are simple.

And as far as the 2 account thing, u think bioware cares when they just doubled profits off one consumer? Come on man, were all smarter than that.

Edited by Izola

That's obviously an exploit, and people caught doing it ought to be banned. Plain and simple.

It's no different from rigging Warsong Gulch games (or any CTF style game) with much the same behavior, though that became a lot more difficult after cross-realm BGs were implemented.

LOL u talk of coordination. Coordinate a defense! Have a player be like a goalie on your back line to intercept that "HACK" pass that your talking about.

We run a shadow spec consular with a knock off and target pull, no one gets by em, not even stealthies waiting on the back line for a score.

What you are QQing about is easily defended with anyone with some sports strategy, nice try but you failed.

Its like a wide receiver in football, u dont cover em u get burned for a touchdown, simple sports mechanics are simple.

And as far as the 2 account thing, u think bioware cares when they just doubled profits off one consumer? Come on man, were all smarter than that.

Did u read my post? Thats what i said i do i dont even enjoy it but i also dont think its ok to quit i stick thru it. I spend the entire time in my endzone stealthed using on ability my knockback (whixh is broken since where u land is not where it counts as used but rather whereu initially jump) to get all the opponents to the bottom. Also when ur own team scores on u there is no way to defend that.

Plain and simple the up or down pass should not b allowed or at the very least have a 30% chance or less of being caught by the opponent. Also the directions that they have before it starts should state the actual way to play he BG.

I do agree that more accounts is more money. If that is how they plan on making a profit then good luck stopping gold farmers because they r the ones who buy the most accounts and that would be the customer they cater too.

But what people dont realize bioware has already shown with bannings for slicing they are not putting up with gold farmers. The people who were banned for that were not banned for the act they were banned a preemptive measure because unlike a month into the game when everyone has money anytime a game comes out the easiest way to eliminate farmers is to track anyone who makes more then the normal amount of money. Open ur eyes its a easy way to spot them. Every game release including rift which did the exact same thing baned all people who had too much money too soon until they could confirm it was not a farmer.

But again the economy is a whole other issue which will def come up later the way they throw these huge credits #'s around. Personally its a easy fix to a hard problem. Farmers wont come to a game where money is a non issue. Its too easy already sites were selling 1000000 credits before the 20th when the game released. So i feel personally bioware is making money easy to make farming worthless. If im right then this exploit is no different since they r making sure exploits r fixed ASAP.

Edited by Masturomenos

in any game ive played, and even if the ball reset when someoen died they could just pass it to an enemy player when they got close.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/new-year%E2%80%99s-pvp-update

Just cause u have not seen it doesnt mean it hasnt happened. That link from bio states million games played so unless uve been in them all then ur post is irrelevant and as a pvper u should never stand for even one case out of a million happening.

Huttaball iS NOT BROKEN, nuff said learn to play and counter.

Close thread. ty and goodbye

Brought to you bye Rev, 5

Seriously scoring on ur own team is ok to u until it happens to u.

I want to hear ur specific fix to ur teamate taking a ball into their own endzone and standing thee to b killed by the other team. Please wht is ur fix for that i jut want to know. You took ur time to comment on the thread with no relevant post so go ahead and make ur statement on how to combat that with no afk reporting or no vote kick. Obvously its happening people are posting about it not just me so please enlighten us and ill apologize on how u stop own scores.

I actually did see this the other day. I called the person out in /op after they tried to do it a second time and they left the BG right afterward.

It will only get worse as more people realize how easy it is. Its a very broken exploit with no counter. Wait until u have 2 or 3 people doing it at once and games last for less then 2 minutes.

U literally can solo hutball using this method with two accounts.

Edited by Masturomenos

what is this? i dont even....

how do u even manage to get the alt into the same warzone on the opposite side consistently..

Presumably it's not that hard if you queue at the same time.

And since there's no deserter debuff (another noob mistake, thx BW) you can always just reset and try again if it doesn't work the first time.

U can even que asa group accept intantly with one then wait for the las moment to que ur other toon and if one side is filled ull get the other. The other way which is pobably the most frequent is the good old

Que

Once ur in on opposing sides since its an instant qe when u leave if u dont uncheck he box ur pretty much guarnteed an entire night of it working since the groups stay the same and just add people when other leave.

The best part? Even if u dont succed no deserter buff so u can try try again until u get it without losing 5 minues of time. Plus if ur playing the minority faction on ur server OMG its so instant its a pleasure to do it not a chore.

Edited by Masturomenos

Ive seen this only once while I was on my sorc. Everytime the lvl 10 grabbed the we would just sit back in our base and watch as one of the 4 non premade's killed him. If he got back to our base I would grip him into the fire.

Ive seen this only once while I was on my sorc. Everytime the lvl 10 grabbed the we would just sit back in our base and watch as one of the 4 non premade's killed him. If he got back to our base I would grip him into the fire.

The best part of the bolster mechanic is that u want a opposite faction alt. With oppoite faction alts no afk penalty in place then if u leave auto que on then even if other bgs pop u can afk and make the opposng team have one less player.

As bioware allows this to coninue u will start seeing bg where only 4 5 people are active on ur team because the others are afk alts there to take away spots from others who r in que.

This is no only a hutball issue in the end it will cause major problems even if they seperate bg by 1-49 and 50's ur life until 50 will be vary painful in bgs.

Also anyone who has experinced this please make posts in this thread about i

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=54647

Since that is the foum sticky for how to play hutball. Until it is fixed i can only think it is a viable way to win the BG since bioware has dont nothing to fix it. No need to push my thread back to obscurity. This is a viable option to hutball strat the way bioware designed it.