State of the Game #3

CourtneyWoods

In fact, our major focus after Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches is going to be on "quality of life" improvements.

While quality of life improvements are always welcome, what I was really hoping to hear was "our major focus will be on bringing the next chapter of Class stories." At the very least, a confirmation that class stories are in the works (even if a long way off).

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep up the good work! i would like to see some more races maybe to purchase from the cartel mkt. to further customize a character.maybe some rare items like from exar kun or darth krayt or darth tenebrous, i think this would be reallly neat to have.

Hey Bioware, mounts, dynamic weather, night and day change, speech bubble, Species: Wookie, Togruta, Nautolans (and not Cathar), Podracing, and a living world, THESE ARE THE FEATURES WHICH THE PLAYERS WANT! !

god darn this is Star Wars, what's wrong with you and not Cartel Wars!

Bioware, you are not a Star Wars Fan!!

Can you understand that, you can understand us Star Wars Fans, Mr. Jeff Hickman and Mr. Eric Musco?

Edited by JediJarus

well that was a whole lot of nothing. I get the impression the devs don't read the forums because there isn't a whole lot of curiosity about how the game is going since free-to-play went live. there's frustration at class imbalance in pvp, a bit of butthurt about the armor skins and design and a general malaise regarding the only content that seems to be prioritized by bioware is stuff they can shill on the cartel market.

still no cross-server lfg, still no pvp rated seasons, still no paid transfer service, and still not alot of info forthcoming on updates or expansion.

how bout a state of the game that actually touches on the state of the game?

well that was a whole lot of nothing. I get the impression the devs don't read the forums because there isn't a whole lot of curiosity about how the game is going since free-to-play went live. there's frustration at class imbalance in pvp, a bit of butthurt about the armor skins and design and a general malaise regarding the only content that seems to be prioritized by bioware is stuff they can shill on the cartel market.

still no cross-server lfg, still no pvp rated seasons, still no paid transfer service, and still not alot of info forthcoming on updates or expansion.

how bout a state of the game that actually touches on the state of the game?

This.

Regarding buying stuff with cartel coins, just thought I mention that none of the stuff is being sold there is actually "needed". Like:

1- You don't "need" a new speeder (the ones you can buy on the fleet give you the same speed bonus, don't they?).

2- You don't "need" a new adaptive armor set.

3- You don't "need" a new pet. On a second thought, you don't need a pet at all.

4- You don't "need" a holo statue.

5- You dont "need" a Gamorrean Axe.

And so on.

Basically, what you have on the cartel market is just cosmetics. You won't deal more damage because your toon wears Revan's Mask. You won't heal more because your color crystal is one of those that comes with cartel packs. And you won't tank better because you have the "/intimidate" emote. Plus, you can always buy those cartel items with credits through GTN.

Anyway, just thought I mention these (I know I'll get bashed for being a funboy but so be it).

In that sense, you don't "need" to change your hairstyle, nor you do "need" to change your race to Cathar. It makes sense that those kinds of additions come with cartel market. Also do not forget that you can always buy those items with credits through GTN.

Anyway, I know I'll be bashed and flamed and accused of being a fanboy, but I had to mention these.

Regarding buying stuff with cartel coins, just thought I mention that none of the stuff is being sold there is actually "needed". Like:

1- You don't "need" a new speeder (the ones you can buy on the fleet give you the same speed bonus, don't they?).

2- You don't "need" a new adaptive armor set.

3- You don't "need" a new pet. On a second thought, you don't need a pet at all.

4- You don't "need" a holo statue.

5- You dont "need" a Gamorrean Axe.

And so on.

Basically, what you have on the cartel market is just cosmetics. You won't deal more damage because your toon wears Revan's Mask. You won't heal more because your color crystal is one of those that comes with cartel packs. And you won't tank better because you have the "/intimidate" emote. Plus, you can always buy those cartel items with credits through GTN.

Anyway, just thought I mention these (I know I'll get bashed for being a funboy but so be it).

In that sense, you don't "need" to change your hairstyle, nor you do "need" to change your race to Cathar. It makes sense that those kinds of additions come with cartel market. Also do not forget that you can always buy those items with credits through GTN.

Anyway, I know I'll be bashed and flamed and accused of being a fanboy, but I had to mention these.

Couldn't agree more with you, people who complain about things like this I just want to slap lol, same goes with F2P people. YOU ARE PAYING NOTHING YOU CANNOT COMPLAIN!

please, please... when will you introduce server transfers? it works fine on pts. should not be a big deal!

and please could you buff the threat management of tanks (especially guardians) a little bit in 2.0? in several endgame operations tanking gets quite annoying from time to time.

Nice and cryptic state of the game. Free to play was a flop in my eyes. Sure more accounts have been created but what about actual player activity? Notice there wasn't any mention of that! Many F2P players I directed to this game like its visuals, but that's about it. F2P players really don't get anything. I can understand the restricted access but more or less F2P only gets to do the storyline content with very limited everything else. Can't trade, next to no gtn slots, and one profession? I'm only going by what my mates told me as I still pay for this game. As much as they like this game with the restrictions as they are and the only way around them being subscribing or buying them off the cartel market (which costs more then a sub greatly) they dont care to play and when I heard all the "I can't do this?!" from them I can't say that I blame them. This game never went F2P, this game has an "extended trial" based on something WoW did awhile ago only you can take your toon all the way up...but then what? Sub? Dish out way more then a sub for monthly access from the CM? It's more about show me the money then the how can we improve the overall exp for all players. I have to say after playing successful F2P titles that run strong this games free to play is a joke. Look at Aion, Star Trek Online (as much as it pains me to say that one), GuildWars 2, and Planetside 2... this names a few that I play. With the slew that's out there I tend to look at my game list andalmost never find myself looking at this game, and its sad because I love this game. there could be so much more If you stop the penny pinching and start making F2P players want to play instead of "I cant do this without subbing?!" I'm hoping that after RotHC expansion hits I will see dev's take a vested second look and redo of the F2P-P2W archatecture they have put in place. I don't mind a store, I don't mind the prices in it, what I mind is having all my friends leave the game after a week saying I cant do anything without a sub lets move on to a better F2P game where I can do something! :(

what does it mean "quality of life" improvements??....

They are improving their "quality of life" with our cash... but

WHAT ABOUT US?

"quality of life" improvements??.... would mean stuff like macro's , seeing what Schematic we have with out looking thu our book when they drop ( sense you can now look at the GTN see what Schematic you have, it shows there has for some time now) and mounts when one drops , instead of looking or hitting need and hope you don't have it . Or Key binds that are not saveed servered side we can share between the account on other toons .and last but least and don't count on it Addons they did say a while back would be allowed .. GTN saved searches , saved crated book set ups , which no point if the Nerfs go thu on the PTS, trades won't mean much in 2.0 sadly . :( ...

Edited by moonshoter

I'm really looking forward to the addition of the Cathar playable race. It seems like forever since it was originally promised. Will we have to purchase the Cathar race through the Cartel Market or will it be available to everyone? Personally, I don't think players should have to purchase the Cathar playable race through the Cartel Market. I like the idea of the Cathar being available to everyone, but only for certain classes. In order to unlock a Cathar for all classes you would then have to purchase the unlock from the Cartel Market.

I was a subscriber and then I stopped playing for awhile and came back as a preferred status player. I was shocked by the changes to the game and how little freedom I had as a non-subscriber. I really don't think things like toggling helmets on and off, matching armor colors, displaying titles (that you earned by investing time in the game), sharing gear and currency between alts, and medical probes should have to be purchased from the Cartel Market. I think these particular changes to the game are ridiculous. Most of these things come standard with any other MMO and I think SWTOR is going to antagonize a lot of people by denying these features to free-to-play players.

I can understand selling cosmetic items through the Cartel Market like special gear skins, vehicles, pets, race change, racial unlocks, etc.--a lot of other MMO's charge for similar items, but expecting people to pay real currency for features that come free with most other free-to-pay MMO's isn't good business. You may make a little extra money early on, but eventually people are going to navigate to other free-to-play games that don't put as many restrictions on game play.

Free-to-play needs to be revamped.:(

People who subscribe to this game--who pay good money to play--and have stuck by this game since it was first released are feeling neglected by its developers. Please, show us that you are listening to your customers by acknowledging the concerns expressed in this forum. There is a lot of disappointment with the state of the game and people feel like their voices aren't being heard.

Well as a new player coming in their first mmo due to the love we all gave for the saga. They get instantly harassade on their first planets. "That used to be a time of fun and oh im a newb and no one cared. I have seen the worst people on these planets with far superior gear they payed for from months of selling telling these people they must suck if they cant defeat this or that and acting like they are superior when they are in fact overcompensating. wow your killing alot and overgeared on a beginner planet lets brag and treet our fellow new players like dirt. Oh and i know the usual but this is bad for the game. we need the in flux of players. we dont need the unwarranted cockiness of some bigots fighting on starting planets like losers. if you work on an alt and see or hear it. SAY something. report or just tell em to **** and help a new player idc but its important... Icefang.

Yeah I don't pay money for this MMO so I can dress my guy up like the SIMS or give him a haircut and change his race (seriously just choose the right one to start with).... I play it to, oh you know, do some game content with other people.

People who subscribe to this game--who pay good money to play--and have stuck by this game since it was first released are feeling neglected by its developers. Please, show us that you are listening to your customers by acknowledging the concerns expressed in this forum. There is a lot of disappointment with the state of the game and people feel like their voices aren't being heard.

Yeah, I came back and got companion out and stomped a hole in your new content without a problem. Boss isnt even anything to amaze. Lets get us some things that challenge a group not just operational groups. Lets face it, alot of our friends our not coming back or they are on alts... Allow 4 to enter an area that is slammed full of death at every miss step. or nerf my op considerably.

respectfully,

Icefang

Well as a new player coming in their first mmo due to the love we all gave for the saga. They get instantly harassade on their first planets. "That used to be a time of fun and oh im a newb and no one cared. I have seen the worst people on these planets with far superior gear they payed for from months of selling telling these people they must suck if they cant defeat this or that and acting like they are superior when they are in fact overcompensating. wow your killing alot and overgeared on a beginner planet lets brag and treet our fellow new players like dirt. Oh and i know the usual but this is bad for the game. we need the in flux of players. we dont need the unwarranted cockiness of some bigots fighting on starting planets like losers. if you work on an alt and see or hear it. SAY something. report or just tell em to **** and help a new player idc but its important... Icefang.

are you that person who was almost in tears because nobody would group with you and kill everything for you through all of the solo content so you wouldn't have to? the first planets are to learn game mechanics. you really should run the solo content by yourself so you can figure out how to swing a lightsaber and how the game works. my experience is, if you have a question about gear or mechanics someone will likely try to help. your just complaining about someone not holding your hand and running your story for you.

it does get harder, so if you're unable to beat a silver or gold of your level with a companion helping you, you probably need to figure out why and try again. then, move on to the next planet when you're ready.

I just read the "Open Letter" and I'm kind of saddened that there was no word about the cuts of CMs for the other two languages of the game.

The German-language community is still riddled by this move, and many forum members there interpret this cut as a sign that Bioware / EA are not doing well at all. - So bad, in fact, that CMs had to be cut.

Unfortunately, a few discussions have escalated there already, simply because there is no moderation at all there anymore (apart from the too few Bioware Supporters (5 for the whole country ! - at least that was their number before the German & French CMs were cut).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

well i guess I'm one of the rare people who got hooked by the f2p. I actually bought the game for a modest 15$ when f2p was announced, got a free month, and then 2 months as preferred. I think the f2p was designed for people who wants to play single-player and love Bioware's other RPGs (with the bonus of grouping once in a while). In a sense, I think it'great, for 15$ I get access to 8 single-player storylines, totalizing close to 800 hrs of content.. I re-subscribe because of the double XP weekend (so as not to be limited by -25% exp gain as f2p), so I think Bioware is doing something right. Again, not sure if i'm in the minority here.

As an MMO and end-game content, f2p fails obviously, unless you start paying for purple equipment authorization, but then again, limited to 3 flashpoint rolls, no operation, limited warzone.....etc....

All I really want is name changes and paid server transfers. They said both these features where coming soon like a year ago, but have not heard anything about it since. Whats the deal? I would really like an update on these features.