Madness set rotation video

Hoppinswtor

Hello,

First, thank you for posting this video,

Please, can you tell us with what stats you manage to do this parse (Crit, Alacrity, power, mastery) ?

And then, what is the relics you use ?

Thank you in advance,

And congratulations for your parse,

P.S : sorry for my English,

Mazar, :)

Sorcerer (Server : Leviathan)

Edited by Arintas

Hello :)

standard operating procedure is 1629 crit, 109.93 percent accuracy, and 1876 alacrity

to reach 109.93 percent accuracy, you'll need and accuracy stim and 5 of the soon-to-not-be-new 236 augments

Edited by Hoppinswtor

• 3 weeks later...

I just started and made a Madness Sorc because I love the feel of the class, but have been really put off by how the community seems to view any DPS sorc.

How does a 10k parse sit with the rest of the DPS classes?

I tend to play my classes at a min/max level, what tools will I need to accomplish this? (set bonuses or other)

Thanks!

I just started and made a Madness Sorc because I love the feel of the class, but have been really put off by how the community seems to view any DPS sorc.

How does a 10k parse sit with the rest of the DPS classes?

I tend to play my classes at a min/max level, what tools will I need to accomplish this? (set bonuses or other)

Thanks!

Madness is basically the 4th lowest parsing spec in the game. A good parse with optimal gear is around 9.9k-10.1k, which is a whopping 800+ DPS beneath the top parsing specs in the game. The three specs that parse lower than Madness (Arsenal/Lightning/Marksman) are only a couple hundred DPS behind.

Madness will parse higher in fights with two targets because the spec has plenty of Force to keep dots rolling on both. If you can't dot spread, you can simply replace your Lightning Strike and second Force Lightning cast with Creeping Terror/Affliction on the 2nd target. Doing this will lead to a DPS increase of several hundred (since dots deal more damage over their duration than Force Lightning and Lightning Strike). This is virtually mandatory on multi-target fights with a tight enrage, like Firebrand/Stormcaller....and would be mandatory on Sword Squadron if the check wasn't a joke these days.

Min/max may have changed since 5.9 and I haven't upgraded my augments yet, but you'll want around 1880 alacrity, 1630 crit, and 110 percent accuracy. To get the accuracy you'll want 5 of the new accuracy augments and an accuracy stim. I can't remember the rest of the gearing off the top of my head since I'm not home atm. Set bonus should be fairly self explanatory - when you exchange the gold tokens you can sort the wares by spec.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

• 2 months later...

Thanks!

Thats because they are now the joke of the Galaxy A once powerful and great class reduced to being carried into any situation.

• 2 weeks later...
Madness is basically the 4th lowest parsing spec in the game. A good parse with optimal gear is around 9.9k-10.1k, which is a whopping 800+ DPS beneath the top parsing specs in the game. The three specs that parse lower than Madness (Arsenal/Lightning/Marksman) are only a couple hundred DPS behind.

Madness will parse higher in fights with two targets because the spec has plenty of Force to keep dots rolling on both. If you can't dot spread, you can simply replace your Lightning Strike and second Force Lightning cast with Creeping Terror/Affliction on the 2nd target. Doing this will lead to a DPS increase of several hundred (since dots deal more damage over their duration than Force Lightning and Lightning Strike). This is virtually mandatory on multi-target fights with a tight enrage, like Firebrand/Stormcaller....and would be mandatory on Sword Squadron if the check wasn't a joke these days.

Min/max may have changed since 5.9 and I haven't upgraded my augments yet, but you'll want around 1880 alacrity, 1630 crit, and 110 percent accuracy. To get the accuracy you'll want 5 of the new accuracy augments and an accuracy stim. I can't remember the rest of the gearing off the top of my head since I'm not home atm. Set bonus should be fairly self explanatory - when you exchange the gold tokens you can sort the wares by spec.

thanks Hoppin - what would you recommend for PVP Alacrity?

Why are you deathfielding after putting both dots? Why not deathfield immediately after the demolish to get more DPS out of the demolish?

Because Demolish actually ticks for less damage than Affliction and Creeping Terror. So you want most of your stacks from Death Field to buff Affliction and Creeping Terror. (Obviously you still want to use up all of your stacks, so you're going to need at least some stacks to buff Demolish).