Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

I do not want any more ques. I do want premades abolished by removing the option to que as a group.

I do not nor will I ever believe premades are an example of skill. Nor are they simply just friends getting together to enjoy the game. If this were the case premades would have stayed in the ranked WZs thereby ensuring 8v8 ranked would have had enough support to have remained a viable ranked option in WZs.

So you don't want more queues and you don't want premades removed from the game and you don't think that premades are an example of skill and want bioware to shift focus to RvR or ffa. What exactly is your issue then?

If your argument is that premades should play ranked I quite agree with you. However you shouldn't force them too. Ranked was set up for teams ready to compete on the highest level and not every guild, group or player is ready or wants to now that it's arenas only. This was a stupid argument when 8v8 rwz were still around (way to many variables to list for why a casual wouldn't queue) but now for arenas I wish more would. I'm just getting back into the swing of things but I got a guild who wants to set up a team but from the sounds of it not a whole lot has changed in the ranked scene meaning they don't really start popping until 9 or later.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you don't want more queues and you don't want premades removed from the game and you don't think that premades are an example of skill and want bioware to shift focus to RvR or ffa. What exactly is your issue then?

If your argument is that premades should play ranked I quite agree with you. However you shouldn't force them too. Ranked was set up for teams ready to compete on the highest level and not every guild, group or player is ready or wants to now that it's arenas only. This was a stupid argument when 8v8 rwz were still around (way to many variables to list for why a casual wouldn't queue) but now for arenas I wish more would. I'm just getting back into the swing of things but I got a guild who wants to set up a team but from the sounds of it not a whole lot has changed in the ranked scene meaning they don't really start popping until 9 or later.

Prmades can be in RankedWZ and face other premades, its a good solution where all get what they wants. If all premades were moved to RWZ the q's would be same as in regular WZ, since the number of premades is probably higher than PUGs right now.

Prmades can be in RankedWZ and face other premades, its a good solution where all get what they wants. If all premades were moved to RWZ the q's would be same as in regular WZ, since the number of premades is probably higher than PUGs right now.

My point must have went over your head. Yeah I wish more teams did ranked but forcing teams into a competitive queue (which is the point of ranked) is not the answer. Ranked requires actual talent, proper classes which offers synergy and of course the right players. With certain classes being more in demand than others and the fact that some teams will not queue unless they get the players they want (see group synergy) then they will simply queue regs until they can.

Also, putting a weekly/daily for arenas would go a long way I still can believe that they only count for regs.

My point must have went over your head. Yeah I wish more teams did ranked but forcing teams into a competitive queue (which is the point of ranked) is not the answer. Ranked requires actual talent, proper classes which offers synergy and of course the right players. With certain classes being more in demand than others and the fact that some teams will not queue unless they get the players they want (see group synergy) then they will simply queue regs until they can.

Also, putting a weekly/daily for arenas would go a long way I still can believe that they only count for regs.

Then they can q as solo regulars until that is fixed, but we cant have it like it is right now. Its totally unplayable for all PUG and NO FUN. Its killing the game

Then they can q as solo regulars until that is fixed, but we cant have it like it is right now. Its totally unplayable for all PUG and NO FUN. Its killing the game

I pug and I don't feel like I'm not having fun or that it's killing the game. Heck on my pyro merc last night I had a premade on my team twice (both voidstar) and lost both games. They don't guarantee a win.

Premades are not the ones who are ruining PvP. If anything playing against better team of players makes you learn stuff. If you want to PvP just for fun, there is open world PvP for that in my opinion. Warzones have objectives and a lot of people dont care about them, they are the ones who ruin the warzone. Let me give you couple examples:

People who rush at pylon, cap it for points and go away from it, later they say defending is boring - dont play warzones.

People who defend doors, say 5 left after they died so there is no chance of helping them. They say, well should I type and die or defend - well, if you type, we come and help, you might die but we win, if you defend against more enemies you die, we cant help, they win.

People who don't communicate at all shouldn't be playing warzones, they are teamplay. Have you ever seen football match won by a team which doesn't say anything? Where everyone plays for himself? Don't think so.

Imho there should be some PvP tutorial when you want to enter warzones, which would teach you the importance of communication with team, importance of defence etc.

P.S. But choice between 8v8 and 4v4 wzs would be nice. Those people who dont care about objectives would play 4v4, its just team deathmatch.

Its totally unplayable for all PUG and NO FUN.

I pug exclusively and I'm having fun. Where are you getting these statistics to make such bold claims? And why wasn't I polled as I'm a part of that group? That statement should at least be changed to "totally unplayable for all but 1 pugger".

Premades are not the ones who are ruining PvP. If anything playing against better team of players makes you learn stuff. If you want to PvP just for fun, there is open world PvP for that in my opinion. Warzones have objectives and a lot of people dont care about them, they are the ones who ruin the warzone. Let me give you couple examples:

People who rush at pylon, cap it for points and go away from it, later they say defending is boring - dont play warzones.

People who defend doors, say 5 left after they died so there is no chance of helping them. They say, well should I type and die or defend - well, if you type, we come and help, you might die but we win, if you defend against more enemies you die, we cant help, they win.

People who don't communicate at all shouldn't be playing warzones, they are teamplay. Have you ever seen football match won by a team which doesn't say anything? Where everyone plays for himself? Don't think so.

Imho there should be some PvP tutorial when you want to enter warzones, which would teach you the importance of communication with team, importance of defence etc.

P.S. But choice between 8v8 and 4v4 wzs would be nice. Those people who dont care about objectives would play 4v4, its just team deathmatch.

To "learn stuff" wont work since this game has gear-based skill system, rather than "real" pvp skills. All knows how to push buttons in what order but that wont help you if u lack the gear. Thats why your agrumnet is totally void.

PUGs need thier own enviroment to grow and gear up in. What they dont need is bullies to hemper and ruin that progress with meaingless stomping.

To "learn stuff" wont work since this game has gear-based skill system, rather than "real" pvp skills. All knows how to push buttons in what order but that wont help you if u lack the gear. Thats why your agrumnet is totally void.

PUGs need thier own enviroment to grow and gear up in. What they dont need is bullies to hemper and ruin that progress with meaingless stomping.

Well if everyone who hit's 55 took the time to properly prepare themselves gear becomes a non issue.

And anyways I honestly don't think that removing premades or splitting the queues up will solve anything. I have been in my fair share of pure pug matches that were as lopsided as any premade game I've been in. What's lacking is a proper matchmaking system.

Premade players are ruining unranked warzones. It is literally never been easier to organize ranked. Go to opposite faction fleet, announce in /2 that you are doing ranked so please queue up. Go back, queue.

But no, let's roflstomp pugs and claim we couldn't get a pop. The PvP community here:

LOL on thatone. Sure, gear is important but you still going to lose against PUG which has better gear, so it doesnt matter if they are premade or PUG. And player skill always matters... If you think otherwise than PvP is just not your thing I guess :D You can cap under 5 ppl because they are trying to kill a tank and they dont notice you, not sure how in that helps them pushing the right buttons or gear. Or communication - not about gear. If you know what to do and how to do it its just as important as gear.

For all of those hating premades and wishing their death/removal from regular warzones... have people considered that not all premades even like Arena? Sure this problem has been brought up over and over and I get it...solo peeps and pugs alike want an equal chance at winning and take to the forums to rant about it once they encounter a faceroll. I don't disagree with having it as premades vs premades so please don't take that away from my post. I just don't think forcing players into a game type that they do not like is the answer though. It only alienates whats left of the PvP community even more.

I personally think that if 8v8 was not removed and they simply introduced 4 man arena Ranked paired with the option of 8v8 RWZ, then pugs WOULD have their regular warzones or at least they wouldn't be filled with so many premades. I just don't get how other posters put the blame on premades and/or guilds that Q together. It's what an MMO should be about.

I also tend to think that solo q ranked even took away from 4 man ranked arena interest. It is my belief they should have held the release of solo q back for a little time so that people would experience 4 man ranked a tad longer. As it is now, it's just to easy to just say eff it and yolo q. Players hardly even care to form a team at this point when q syncing with a guildie or two is easier. The ones who do form up don't last when solo q is an easy exit and way to bolster their "status" in this game to whatever meaning that holds for them. PvP game modes in this game are a mess, have always been a mess, and it only gets worse for me unfortunately. PvP itself is fun, the options to PvP not so much.

I still love the warzone type objective based game play but as someone who runs in a premade(because friends are fun) and doesn't particularly care for arena style game type, this game is losing me. We would Q and get same team for an hour, then no one for next 45 mins. Things need implementing here, duo q for regs and ranked would help some I think.

To the posters in this thread who hate premades and want all premades to leave regular q and go be with "our own kind", you'll get your wish eventually.

Edited by Master_Nate

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to both the opponents I come across and the premades that get crap for my actions. But just so we're clear, I am not playing in premades. Yes, it might look like I'm supported by two pocket healers and a tank at all times and in every game but it is infact just me.

/poster is in no way associated with Kun Gaming or The Ministry

Edited by MidichIorian

PUGs need thier own enviroment to grow and gear up in. What they dont need is bullies to hemper and ruin that progress with meaningless stomping.

No, on a lv 47 Combat Medic Commando, with gear exactly 20 levels below me, I'm still bolstered fine. Solo queuing on him is moderately enjoyable because I get a kick out of healing teammates who don't peel, don't use defensive cooldowns, and hit like wet noodles. At that level, I'm doing at least 3 times the healing of any other slightly competent pug, and up to 10 times the healing of some poor souls who are specced entirely into their healing tree.

While that gimp gear would get me wrecked in 55's, I still crush people in a partisan/conq mix on any of my alts. The reason why I join premades is because I don't want all 7 of the people I'm with to be entirely unskilled, and communication with 3 other decent players goes a long way. Premades aren't the root problem, pretty much everyone I know who premades would be fine solo queuing if the pugs they got in with weren't so abysmal that they can't feasibly carry their team.

Premade players are ruining unranked warzones. It is literally never been easier to organize ranked. Go to opposite faction fleet, announce in /2 that you are doing ranked so please queue up. Go back, queue.

But no, let's roflstomp pugs and claim we couldn't get a pop. The PvP community here:

What if I dislike arena and want to play hutball with friends?

No, on a lv 47 Combat Medic Commando, with gear exactly 20 levels below me, I'm still bolstered fine. Solo queuing on him is moderately enjoyable because I get a kick out of healing teammates who don't peel, don't use defensive cooldowns, and hit like wet noodles. At that level, I'm doing at least 3 times the healing of any other slightly competent pug, and up to 10 times the healing of some poor souls who are specced entirely into their healing tree.

Hehe yeah, I think you just hit the very root of the problem.

How many times have you heard "I'm not healing pugs anymore, only guildies" Or tanks that say they're not guarding pug healers anymore etc. Which is a lie, you heal me all the time :D, well perhaps not you personally, but you get the idea. I've seen it happen, pug tank guards a healer in a premade, healer throws him a heal and the tank takes that as a free pass to stand in focus fire and expects the healer to keep him up at all costs. When it doesn't happen, pug tank rages and says the healing sucks, healer calls him a n00b/L2P. Chaos ensues, as does the loss.

Instead of asking for separate queues or asking to be carried, why don't you ask yourself what you can bring to the table that will augment the group you did get. Goes back to my point of not trying to be the star of the show and do what you can do to make it easier for the rest of your team to do their job.

So BW should shaft others who like to group up just to make you happy? Force people to queue solo instead of being able to play along side friends just because you prefer to queue solo?

Someone is a little self centered I'd say.

You can't force people to play ranked just because they want to play grouped up with their friends. I can assume all the people who are against premades have little to no experience playing in a ranked setting so they really have no idea what it's like.

So tell me UncleSam and Marrius how many ranked 8v8 or 4v4 Areans have you played in that you feel you can recommend it to all people wishing to premade?

So BW should shaft others who like to group up just to make you happy? Force people to queue solo instead of being able to play along side friends just because you prefer to queue solo?

Never heard of ranked arenas?

You can't force people to play ranked just because they want to play grouped up with their friends

Ahhhh, so you have, you just don't want the competition. Gotcha ;)

Edited by Vember

OH? So if someone wants to use the game to recruit RL terrorists or to spew hate, or to prey as pedophiles; this should be allowed? these are extreme cases but I am sure you get the point.

Freedom is not a right it is a responsibility and like all responsibilities you need to think how your actions will affect everyone else when you choose to exercise those responsibilities.

If you are trying to say you should be allowed to pugstomp simply because you believe you have the freedom to do so then this lends further support to my idea that you are not ready for this kind of freedom. Thus separating premades from pugs is a necessity.

Furthermore when you say you should be allowed to have to freedom to do as you whish you negate much of the argument that 'people only want to group with their friends.

This one little phrase you have made really reveals your true colours. Remember this is a multi-player game, not a solo game. Acting selfish is hardly symbiotic with the concept of multi-player

Pretty sure this put you on a nice terrorist watch list, the NSA is watching you know.

But you are talking about things that abuse the ToS. VoiP does not break the ToS because it does not change the game in any way. Just like talking to the person sitting next to me while I play doesn't break the ToS. Just like using MoX while raiding doesn't break the ToS. Just like having a guild website doesn't break the ToS. All extras that make the game better and easier to play that don't actually affect the game. In fact, BW has publicly stated on this forum that not all types of macros break the terms of service provided it meets their lovely list of requirements.

Harrassment is specifically against the ToS and against the law. Playing with a friend in a game that allows you to group with them and encourages you to play together is certainly not against the ToS and has functions in game to assist you in doing so such as friends list, whispers, guilds, and a button that says queue group. If you do not like this idea, your opinion is your own and will be respected, but this game does not now nor will it ever support the removal of guilds and friends being able to queue together in a casual environment.

This game, if you hadn't noticed, is targeted almost entirely at casual players, not hardcore players. It's one of the reasons that you see such a disrepancy in skill level in warzones. We have bolster to make everyone feel better about queueing for warzones. The gear gap is extremely small to make being competitive easier and is based more on if you have augments than anything. At this point, if you can't stand up with premades, it is because of something you are doing wrong and the sooner people take ownership of their faults, the sooner they will get better and being to enjoy the game more.

Its obvious you have neither read or understood the nature of what is written here. So...

1. Read before you post.

2. Try and be civil in your responce.

3. Stop trolling because you have nothing constructive to say.

You can either choose to pick 1 or more than 1 of these options.

Why would i read this entire thread of fail? I'm not trolling, I'm being civil, and I gave you constructive advise.

You'll never get group queue's out of pvp. You might as well not cry about it and go make some friends in game to group with.