Questions for SWTOR Strongholds and Guild Flagships (Directed to the BioWare Staff)

Koichi

Player Stronghold Questions:

1. The furniture, like the chairs couches and beds, can we actually sit/lay (Interact) in them or are they just going to be there torturing us and teasing us that we can't sit or lay down on them?

2. Will the furniture/trophy drops in Story Mode Flashpoints or Operations be the same for Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode?

3. Will the rate for the drops be higher for more difficult modes or the same throughout?

4. In a few screenshots and also in the trailer for the Stronghold Expansion, there were companions in the stronghold as well. Does this mean that we will get more dialogue with them? Also, noticed that NPCs were also in the player's stronghold. Will we have the ability to purchase and customize the NPCs and have them placed throughout the Stronghold? (Dancing Twi'lek girls anyone? (NO, NOT the HOLO Dancer -_- )

5. Will the furniture have the same kind of system as the Cartel Market where once purchased, we can use as many as we want?

6. Which crafting skills should we be aware of that will be able to make furniture/decorations for the stronghold?

7. Will the VIP vendor on the fleet have special furniture that only those who bought the Collector's Edition or paid the 2 million credits will be able to purchase?

8. Will 1:2 scale or smaller of the space Starfighters be available to purchase or make (using cybertech)?

9. Will it be possible to connect the stronghold to our hanger? So that we can display our speeders or starfighters to our friends. Or at least unlock a garage/small hanger for our speeder or starfighter.

10. Will there be plans in the future to show off our pets or animal mounts in our room (like a zoo or something)?

11. What is the maximum number of players that can be in one's stronghold?

12. Can we set our strongholds to block random people from entering or set restrictions so only friends can enter?

13. What piece of furniture/decoration/vendor will be unlocked for the Legacy System? (If stronghold will be affected by the player's Legacy unlocks)

*14. Do the furniture items have their own separate storage or are we stuck using our cargo holds?

*15. If the furniture does not have some separate compartment, are we getting an expansion for our cargo holds?

*16. Will there be unlocks/rewards for unlocking the achievements, furniture-wise?

Guild Flagship Questions:

1. Do the Guild Flagships come in different shapes or sizes?

2. How much will it cost to launch a Guild Flagship?

3. How much customization will there be for the Flagship and will the Guild Master be the only one to do any such customization?

4. Will we be able to add NPCs to the flagship to make it look like its busy on it?

5. Can we customize what the NPCs wear and what actions they can perform while on the ship?

6. Will there be a hanger to display Starfighters owned by Guild members?

7. Will Guild members be able to move into a stronghold/room on the ship; making the Guild Flagship their home?

8. Can we invite other guild members to the flagship or is it locked only to those who belong to the same guild?

9. Aside from the interior, can we explore the exterior of the flagship or customize the outside?

10. Will you be releasing themes for the interior? (Ex: The inside of the ship being heavily damaged (RP purposes))

11. How much interaction will players have with the flagship? Can we sit in chairs? Can we look like we are working the terminals or computers on the ship?

12. Will you be planning to add more features to the guild flagship after the release?

13. What are the restrictions placed on Guilds that have Guild Leaders with Preferred or Free to Play Status?

14. Will all of the Guild Flagship be unlocked or do we have to donate credits to unlock more parts of the ship?

15. What will be done for the smaller Guilds? Will the price to get the Guild Flagships be very expensive or free to launch?

16. Will there be some kind of "Guild Experience" that is accumulated by the members that slowly levels up the Guild Flagship; offering more unlocks or features. (I"m thinking in terms of the reputation system that SWTOR currently has, but instead of it going to a faction reputation, it would be towards your guild's flagship level).

*17. What happens to all the furniture in the Guild Flagship when the Guild disbands? Does it go back to the owners or do they get discarded?

Edited by Koichi

Great questions. I think they're a bit ahead of the times as to getting an answer though.

Reading through this brought back memories of CWA and I'm hoping they at least took a look at the basic structure of their original housing system. I never played SWG so I don't know how they did theirs but a few of your questions sounded like elements of CWA's, hanger, trophy room, there was also an armory and an outside deck/balcony.

Great questions. I think they're a bit ahead of the times as to getting an answer though.

Reading through this brought back memories of CWA and I'm hoping they at least took a look at the basic structure of their original housing system. I never played SWG so I don't know how they did theirs but a few of your questions sounded like elements of CWA's, hanger, trophy room, there was also an armory and an outside deck/balcony.

True they are a bit early to be asking, but it would be good if BioWare can use my op during their Cantina tour in April. This way, they can answer most of the questions that people have on their mind or some they weren't expecting to be asked. JUst wanted to get these questions out there so people will read this and--if they go to the Cantina-- they can ask some of these questions.

Another question to add here:

Guild Ships will engage other Guild Ships in combat in GSF enviroment (Pub vs Empire) if so how are they tieing space and land?

Seems devs missed to tie both, space battles with land battles somehow, I mean that even takes place in the movies.

Edited by ZahirS

Guild Ships will engage other Guild Ships in combat in GSF enviroment (Pub vs Empire) if so how are they tieing space and land?

Seems devs missed to tie both, space battles with land battles somehow, I mean that even takes place in the movies.

That's a question for when after they announce that they are going to add a PvP feature to the Guild Flagship.

Could always work in a Star Wars: Battlefront 2-esque style. You engage on land and then in space, or then vice versa.

Could always work in a Star Wars: Battlefront 2-esque style. You engage on land and then in space, or then vice versa.

You forget how the game is set up for the characters. In Battlefront, the players didn't have several abilities to use or tons of health. They were closer to Call of Duty specs in a way. Also, for that big of a PvP area, you would need enough guild members on each side. It's more likely that the Flagship might get PvE features before PvP.

Edited by Koichi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have many of the same items on our wish list.

*** STRONGHOLDS ***

* Can we put the decorations WHERE we want in the strongholds or are they cookie cutter placement for each piece??? ( or is it once you unlock it, it only goes in one place )

* Can we SIT on the furniture?

* Priority transport terminal come standard?

* Can we have different (several choices) colors for interiors and decorations?

* Is there a limit on other people you can have in your stronghold? does it require a group invite?

* Will it give us expanded inventory slots?

* Is your stronghold LOCKABLE or is it free roam to any one that happens by?

* is your stronghold LOOTABLE if left unlocked?

* Can we give others permission to decorate your stronghold for you? move and take items in your stronghold?

* How is the crafting set up for decorations? who crafts what? or do all crafters craft all pieces?

* Are the strongholds set up like mini cities in Nar Shaddaa and grouped together or generic entrance location?

* Once unlocked can you move your stronghold if you don't like your neighbors? what cost?

* Is there an added benefit if you log off in your stronghold VS in a cantina or your ship?

* Can i have a different exterior color and design or just cookie cutter?

* Will our companions be able to roam in our strongholds? special quests from them in the strongholds?

*** GUILD SHIPS ***

* Are they a ship that moves or a space station that stay in place?

* If it moves can we add weapons? can we man the weapon turrets? can we explore space in it?

* Can we attack other guild ships? and board it and gain loot items (not guild items)?

* Is there a max number of members and items it will hold, and do you need a group?

* How much storage space will the guild ship have?

* Are there special missions launched only from guild ships? space and ground flashpoints and ops?

* Do we fly to our ships from ground or the fleets or is it docked somewhere we click an elevator to gain access?

* Will it be customizable? Colors? Designs , inside and out?

* What does the guild gain for having a guild ship? crafting bonus? PVP / PVE offensive and or defense bonus?

* Will the guild leader and those assigned by guild leader have more guild options like guild mail to ALL in the guild?

* Can we pretty please get a GUILD RECRUITER on the fleet and starter planets? the guild recruiter would have a searchable list of all guilds with a guild leader written description of the guild with a minimum of 1 page "available" to them. Once a player applies to a guild a mail would be sent to the guild leader and officers, it would allow you to accept or reject the player EVEN IF THE PLAYER IS OFFLINE.

* Guild voice chat, (yes i know we "OTHER" out of game options but some people have trouble setting them up)

* Galactic Market , training dummies, guild bank, personal storage locker, priority transport terminal , mail terminal comes standard with guild ships, (seeing the initial cost)?

Just a few questions that are concerning before the launch that should be answered.

That would be awesome.

I hope he will, if there is enough BUZZ in the community about getting these answers we may get some scraps of info reviled .

can we get more guild leaders feedback about what is needed / wanted, please guild leaders only. we don't need any more players saying how un-needed this is and resources are better used else where. we are not saying the PVP is not needed and resources should be used else where.

Hopefully Eric answers some of these tomorrow or within the next week.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome!!!! RAMMING SPEED!!!!!!! Prepare Boarders!!

Edited by Santay

Well... Let me see if I am able to guess/answer some of these, but please keep in mind that everything is only an assumption..! ;)

And as far as I know -Eric told us some time ago that infos to the Stronghold Exp. and the Guildships will be available to us in future Blogs etc. ..!

Player Stronghold Questions:

1. The furniture, like the chairs couches and beds, can we actually sit/lay (Interact) in them or are they just going to be there torturing us and teasing us that we can't sit or lay down on them?

I would presume - NO. If it would be possible they would have done it a long time ago and would not have brought those "emotes" :( . But perhaps the Devs will surprise us.

2. Will the furniture/trophy drops in Story Mode Flashpoints or Operations be the same for Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode?

I would guess that they will be different from SM to HM. Logically it would be like - if you do something easy you will get something "normal" and if you do something hard you will get something "better".

3. Will the rate for the drops be higher for more difficult modes or the same throughout?

Assumption would be that the drop-rate will be the same.

4. In a few screenshots and also in the trailer for the Stronghold Expansion, there were companions in the stronghold as well. Does this mean that we will get more dialogue with them? Also, noticed that NPCs were also in the player's stronghold. Will we have the ability to purchase and customize the NPCs and have them placed throughout the Stronghold? (Dancing Twi'lek girls anyone? (NO, NOT the HOLO Dancer -_- )

Not sure what to guess.

5. Will the furniture have the same kind of system as the Cartel Market where once purchased, we can use as many as we want?

I thinke -Eric mentioned something, but I am not sure what it was.

6. Which crafting skills should we be aware of that will be able to make furniture/decorations for the stronghold?

I think it was mention that all profs or at least nearly all of them will be involved.

7. Will the VIP vendor on the fleet have special furniture that only those who bought the Collector's Edition or paid the 2 million credits will be able to purchase?

No clue at all.

8. Will 1:2 scale or smaller of the space Starfighters be available to purchase or make (using cybertech)?

No clue at all.

9. Will it be possible to connect the stronghold to our hanger? So that we can display our speeders or starfighters to our friends. Or at least unlock a garage/small hanger for our speeder or starfighter.

No clue at all.

10. Will there be plans in the future to show off our pets or animal mounts in our room (like a zoo or something)?

I think it was already mentioned that we will be able to show off our Speeders.

11. What is the maximum number of players that can be in one's stronghold?

Good question. I would guess the same limit as it is right now IG for Ships.

12. Can we set our strongholds to block random people from entering or set restrictions so only friends can enter?

My guess would be that only Players who we invite may enter.

13. What piece of furniture/decoration/vendor will be unlocked for the Legacy System? (If stronghold will be affected by the player's Legacy unlocks)

Good question. No guess at the moment.

*14. Do the furniture items have their own separate storage or are we stuck using our cargo holds?

As far as I know it was not mentioned anywhere that with the SH-Exp we will get new "storage space". So - we will be still stucked with the good old Inv. and CH :cool: .

*15. If the furniture does not have some separate compartment, are we getting an expansion for our cargo holds?

I would assume - NO.

*16. Will there be unlocks/rewards for unlocking the achievements, furniture-wise?

No clue.

Guild Flagship Questions:

1. Do the Guild Flagships come in different shapes or sizes?

Defnitively - NO! There will be only two Ships - one for Imp and one for Rep.

2. How much will it cost to launch a Guild Flagship?

Good question and I would guess upper single-digit million range perhaps lower two-digit range.

3. How much customization will there be for the Flagship and will the Guild Master be the only one to do any such customization?

Two possiblities from my point of view. 1.) The Guild-Master will be the only one who will be able to customize the ship and do other stuff. 2.) The Guild-Master can assign rights to other players - like Guild-Ranks etc..

4. Will we be able to add NPCs to the flagship to make it look like its busy on it?

No clue, but would assume - NO.

5. Can we customize what the NPCs wear and what actions they can perform while on the ship?

Would say - NO.

6. Will there be a hanger to display Starfighters owned by Guild members?

Good question. I have no guess right now.

7. Will Guild members be able to move into a stronghold/room on the ship; making the Guild Flagship their home?

No guess at the moment, but would imagine - NO - because we will have the Strongholds.

8. Can we invite other guild members to the flagship or is it locked only to those who belong to the same guild?

I would assume that we will be able to invite other players.

9. Aside from the interior, can we explore the exterior of the flagship or customize the outside?

NO.

10. Will you be releasing themes for the interior? (Ex: The inside of the ship being heavily damaged (RP purposes))

NO.

11. How much interaction will players have with the flagship? Can we sit in chairs? Can we look like we are working the terminals or computers on the ship?

Would be great, but I guess won't be possible.

12. Will you be planning to add more features to the guild flagship after the release?

I thinke - YES they will.

13. What are the restrictions placed on Guilds that have Guild Leaders with Preferred or Free to Play Status?

No clue. I have a sub :) .

14. Will all of the Guild Flagship be unlocked or do we have to donate credits to unlock more parts of the ship?

I think it was mentioned that we will have to pay Credits for unlocking thinks.

15. What will be done for the smaller Guilds? Will the price to get the Guild Flagships be very expensive or free to launch?

I assume everything will be in a range where every Guild will be able to achieve it (as long as the Guild does not consist only of 2-3 players :) ).

16. Will there be some kind of "Guild Experience" that is accumulated by the members that slowly levels up the Guild Flagship; offering more unlocks or features. (I"m thinking in terms of the reputation system that SWTOR currently has, but instead of it going to a faction reputation, it would be towards your guild's flagship level).

It was mentioned that there will be some "Buffs" regarding those "Guildship-PvE-Conquest-Missioens.

*17. What happens to all the furniture in the Guild Flagship when the Guild disbands? Does it go back to the owners or do they get discarded?

I think the Guildmaster will Keep everything as the leader (former leader) of the Guild :D !

Kage

P.s.: Would be interesting to know on which points my conjectures where right and where they were wrong :) ...

Edited by Kagekeishu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is what I have seen on PTS so far.

No, at this time you cannot "Use" the furniture

No, you can only use an item once, unless you have several of the items. If you place the one Bed that you have in Stronghold A, you cannot place that same bed in Stronghold B. You will need to get another Bed.

See this post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=753748

You can drop your speeders in just about any room in your Stronghold. Starfighters I don't know about.

You can drop your Pets.

Yes, by default it is private. You can invite Friends.

It has it's own storage for your decorations and does not count against your inventory or cargo hold.