The new TOR experience.

Infernixx

Logged in, checked my points, gathered up my mats and dumped them into the Legacy bank.

Queued up for Random HM, HM 50, GF TFB and Random Tactical. Headed to Alderaan.

Got the first Heroic mission halfway done, Tactical popped. Czerka Meltdown. 3 well geared people with me. Interesting. Blew it up in record time. Only thing that was slowing me down was me sending my 5 companions out to gather Grade 2 and 3 Medical supplies every few minutes.

Got Meltdown done, requeued minus the Tactical queue and got two Heroic missions done before the HM queue popped. Hammer Station, woot. Competent group, burned through, killed the bonus boss, the Hammer Station decoration dropped. Did not get it. Got over it.

Finished HS, requeued for GF and HM 50. Got another two Heroic Missions done and the HM 50 queue popped. Foundry. Another solid group. Burned through like a knife through margarine or something. Rakata Stasis Chamber dropped off Bonus boss. Did not win it. Got a little irritated. Finished Foundry, queued for GF TFB again, finished Heroic Missions on Alderaan, went back to fleet. GF queue popped to my amazement. Doubly amazing, it was a smooth profitable run. FIVE Hyperspace Irregularities dropped during the whole run. I got one. Day immediately made 100% better.

Finished TFB, left happy. Calculated points: 3 Randoms done, 3k points. One GF OP done. Another 2k points. Seven Alderaan Heroic Missions done. 3.5k points. Total for 3 hours of play: 8,500 points. Also ended up with enough mats to make 20 Synthetic Prefab MK-1s.

Log out, feeling accomplished, come to board, see thread about 35k points being too much, nerf pls.

Make thread.

Logged in, checked my points, gathered up my mats and dumped them into the Legacy bank.

Got the first Heroic mission halfway done, Tactical popped. Czerka Meltdown. 3 well geared people with me. Interesting. Blew it up in record time. Only thing that was slowing me down was me sending my 5 companions out to gather Grade 2 and 3 Medical supplies every few minutes.

Got Meltdown done, requeued minus the Tactical queue and got two Heroic missions done before the HM queue popped. Hammer Station, woot. Competent group, burned through, killed the bonus boss, the Hammer Station decoration dropped. Did not get it. Got over it.

Finished HS, requeued for GF and HM 50. Got another two Heroic Missions done and the HM 50 queue popped. Foundry. Another solid group. Burned through like a knife through margarine or something. Rakata Stasis Chamber dropped off Bonus boss. Did not win it. Got a little irritated. Finished Foundry, queued for GF TFB again, finished Heroic Missions on Alderaan, went back to fleet. GF queue popped to my amazement. Doubly amazing, it was a smooth profitable run. FIVE Hyperspace Irregularities dropped during the whole run. I got one. Day immediately made 100% better.

Finished TFB, left happy. Calculated points: 3 Randoms done, 3k points. One GF OP done. Another 2k points. Seven Alderaan Heroic Missions done. 3.5k points. Total for 3 hours of play: 8,500 points. Also ended up with enough mats to make 20 Synthetic Prefab MK-1s.

Log out, feeling accomplished, come to board, see thread about 35k points being too much, nerf pls.

Make thread.

Moreorless my experience. It's a joy logging in tbh.

I would say that, regardless of how one feels about Strongholds, it would be difficult to deny IMO that they have changed the fundamental way we work and play in the game. I think at the very least the QoL improvement is huge.

Just my slant.

Edited by LordArtemis

I have to say that this update has done more to improve this game than anything else before it. It has brought life to old, unused content by adding new things to get. It resurrected crafting. It gave being in guilds a purpose other than running Ops and for Ranked PvP. I am happy with the game and the direction it is going. Yes. I still have some gripes about some things, but the positive now greatly outweighs the negative and I applaud Bioware for what they have accomplished with this update.

1. Log in and activate the free stronghold

2. Put some random stuff in it

3. Get bored with it, grab 3 guildies for group

4. PvP, while shooting the **** in TS

5. Log out

The update is probably right up some players alley, but it's business as usual for a lot of others.

I would say that, regardless of how one feels about Strongholds, it would be difficult to deny IMO that they have changed the fundamental way we work and play in the game. I think at the very least the QoL improvement is huge.

Just my slant.

Agreed. It's why I made a thread that strongholds is the biggest victory BioWare has had since before Makeb

Make thread.

That... reads as awful. Need an antacid?

1. Log in and activate the free stronghold

2. Put some random stuff in it

3. Get bored with it, grab 3 guildies for group

4. PvP, while shooting the **** in TS

5. Log out

The update is probably right up some players alley, but it's business as usual for a lot of others.

My poop smells of rainbows and chocolate unicorns!!!

Troll that... (drops the microphone)

I'm still amused that people are doing bonus bosses now and my experience pugging was much the same in terms of quality. also, to my amazement when queueing on my sorc as healer/dps, got 2 pops in a row... as dps. at the tail end of peak hours, but still during times when queues usually pop fairly often. hell, I may actualy do some flashpoints without bugging my guildies with my dps characters o_O. and everyone is very deliberately running all the bonuses :p

I gotta say, its kinda genius how bioware got everyone back into all content :p

I gotta say, its kinda genius how bioware got everyone back into all content :p

This is my take, exactly. Not just the old content, but all the previously worthless mats everyone had gathering dust in their cargo holds. The market for a lot of stuff - raw mats, prefabs, decorations - is going to be messy and in flux for a while, but overall I completely agree - there was a bit of genius in how this update is playing out.

I can also see how lots of this new stuff will be utterly meaningless to a large contingent of the player base, but based solely on in-game activity (queue pops and such), overall it seems to be more of a hit than a miss.