PvP healing questions

xNYROx

Been looking at some PvP guides on Sorcs and something makes no sense to me really....

On most sorc guides I see people max out Lucidity in the corruption tree...why? Is the pushback from heals that bad?

Maybe an experienced PvPer can answer this for me plz

If you think about it, a majority of your heals have cast or channel times. In fact, the only ones that are instant are your self heal, your bubble, and your very small HoT, which has a moderate cooldown as well.

Your main source of heals, such as Innervate, Dark Infusion, Dark Heal (when Dark Infusion is not feasible), and, if you want, Revivification involve cast or channel times. It's because of these cast times that you telegraph yourself significantly and you are more easily shut down either through interrupts or just from enemies hitting you enough times. Compared to Mercenaries and Operatives which have more and better instant-cast heals, having pushback reduction at least gives you a fighting chance to cast your heals.

As far as your question: the pushback from attackers will cause a greater casting/channeling time. Lucidity gives the chance at more timely heal delivery. For most PvP sorc healers I would suggest the bubble build. I have been running the 'bubble spec' in PvP for the last two weeks. My healing numbers have dropped due to the lack of Revivification, but the teams survivability has increased a fair amount as well. With the 'bubble spec' your team will need fewer heals and the stun from the bubble break has definite advantages when when you, or your team, are dealing with multiple attackers.