HM FPs + LFG + 1.3 == Total Faceroll

Okay, so I had to post my reaction to the LFG tool introduced yesterday. First, thanks to everyone for grouping up. It was all fun, including the "partial" success on KP. The bug that prevented us from replacing the lost player was annoying but expected(given BW track record). I am also very excited about the prospects of gearing up all my other toons. I imagine with the quick queue times, better loot(several extra columi pieces dropped in FP yesterday) and BH comm it should be much easier.

The bad news is that all content is an exercise in faceroll. Here is what happened. Just before the end of day I convinced a guildie to queue up with me for 1 more FP with my new 50 alt. After about 20 mins or so, the queue popped and we get thrown in. Suddenly, I see the Kaon splash screen and I start to get worried(and excited). The FP loads and it is indeed Kaon under Siege. Of course my first reaction is "bullox" as I am dreading the wipes that I may cause due to being equipped in only daily comm gear. The fear is soon alleviated as we proceed to obliterate 1 mob after the other. The boss encounters are completely trivial and we never even get close to threatening a wipe. I kept asking if this was really HM as we laughed off one encounter after another.

It is true that the other people were geared quite well(columi). Still, I recall having 3 guildies in "almost complete" columi and having to sweat bullets in some of the encounters. This happened despite having already cleared it a number of times. Those people were experienced players and doing a great job every time I assure you. So I must conclude that the content has been tuned down and made ridiculously easy. It was much the same in KP except for the Fabricator droid. Unsurprisingly, the others in my group agreed completely.

My real concern is this: I this we can safely assume that the amount of content to be added will be much less than what has come before. I say this is likely to be the case due to dwindling resources and subscribers. If so much of the content is watered down and so little will be added then I must ask this question.

How many people will soon lose interest and leave?

I am not doing so because I love the community and other aspects. I am just worried many others will.

stuff

as pointed above, Kaon is an easy FP HM, always been, bosses were insanely easy before already. Only the trash could offer a challenge to non organized players (or players not knowing the place).

Some FP HM were nerfed though, I laugh at this poor Malgus. He should have hidden after "Deceived" or stayed into a stealth fighter as he became senile and wait around 20 seconds to cast a lightning after an interrupt (the players might be sleeping).

Ok, I am not going to argue on whether Kaon was easy in the "absolute" sense. The mob pulls were fun for us except at the very end when we had done it half a dozen times and knew all of it by heart. And it is pretty silly to say Kaon is the easiest FP. In fact, except for D7, it is the hardest of the tier 1(although I agree that is nothing compared to LI).

I still argue that even if it was easy before, it is a total faceroll now. Someone else brought up the point with the False Emperor being watered down too. Previously, he would cast "Unlimited power" and instajib the team after 2 - 3 secs(easy to interrupt though). Now it is ridiculously / brain-dead easy.

I know for uber elite MMO players this game has always been a faceroll. For those of us new to MMOs it was previously nicely balanced. Some of the content was easy, like the False Emperor, Foundry and BP. Some of it was was challenging like Kaon, Battle of Ilum and D7. And some of it was practically impossible at HM, like LI. This is a working formula for our big crowd. Now, except for LI, it is all easy. I don't get it. Is it because they feared that people would stop using LFG unless it the "I Win" button?

I also disagree about the comments on Columi. I played on a dead server, Zez, and until recently had only been in a couple of raids. Thus I never had access to Rakata. The same goes for 90% + of the player base I imagine. It is all changed now with the new super servers.

Was D7 nerfed too ?

I did it only twice a while back, when I was trying to get the columi legs for my mara. Once I got them, never bothered with it again. Now it's well geared, but my sorc isn't. Going in there with only 1 columi piece could be a "oh crap ! " situation.... :D

They seemed the same tunage as before. The major difference now is that rather than a crew of peeps you know and you peeps don't know the flashpoint, you are bound to have someone who has done it before that can guide you through it.

The only difference I felt was that the flashpoints are more rewarding (and worth it now). And of course Iron Fist not owning us completely when I ran through Esseles.

I did a couple of HM FP yesterday and Kaon was indeed quite easy. However, the False Emperor wasn't. I had never done that one before (could never get a group) and so we had only one person who had done it (once) before. We had some trouble on a couple of bosses and wiped about 4 times. We finished, but it wasn't faceroll easy.

I'm liked the game before 1.3, but really enjoying it now more than ever.

I guess I am not concerned with people getting gear quickly. I was always for that and think it makes sense. I am just concerned people will get bored and leave if it is too easy. If that does not happen then I don't mind.

I never understood why developers could not add "debuffs" to existing content, like FPs, to make them harder. I imagine something like nightmare mode, where there is an exhaustion factor, that causes you to lose 15% DPS and take 20% more damage(just throwing out some numbers).

Or how about mobs spawning randomly and bosses pulling in additional adds, melee or rDPS, at random intervals.

How many people will soon lose interest and leave?

Considering that the hardcore players still have HM Denova to provide their weekly requirement for challenge, and now non raiders and the "average casual" has gear progression beyond Columi..........I would say no one.

Most players dont care less about difficulty especially in flashpoints as long as they can see a clear path towards gear progression. For those that do care, as I said theres HM Denova

Keep up the good work BW

Edited by NoxiousAlby

agree with responders that say its trash mechanics heavy instance. 2 manning kaon is pretty easy too, even with 1 cc... if u know the mechanics. i got thrown into with a " person who did not know" and he died every other pull.