Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

They're so "nice" you forgot about them. Nadia, Temple, and even Elara. ;)

And it isn't "nice" or "not nice" people are after. It's that spark of something interesting and unknown, something you can't predict or get bored with.

Felix and Corso are nice, but they're BLAND. uggghhh just let me put your helmet on and pretend you're someone with a personality.

Vector is the most nice and polite being in the galaxy, but he's a freaking bug. It's tragic, it's weird, it's kinky. It's interesting and he's got a serious(ly weird) following.

Andronikos is definitely not nice, but he's not that interesting, either. You don't see many "omg bring back my nicky" posts around here.

You're not wrong about Felix and Corso, in my opinion, same with MeowMeowSoldierBoy.

Andronikos, sure he's gruff, he's a pirate, but to his woman, I suspect he has a heart of gold for the most part. Good enough for me.

Now Vector is made of awesome!!!!! I love him. My friend Misha loves him...and I'm relatively sure we're not 'seriously weird'. You really don't think I'm seriously weird do you? Hmm? :p

I have to confess, I'm having a hard time reconciling the fact that in a couple months, people are going to start taking their shiny new Quinns places like Coruscant, and the Republic Fleet. The Esseles! He just doesn't belong there, I'm very sorry I'm so greedy about it. :(

That... is something I didn't think about.

On the other hand, I see him so rarely on the Imp side that I doubt I'll see a lot more on the Pub side... especially since I'm not often there myself :o

And I guess it can't be worse than my Jedi Sage with Felix Iresso on Tython: http://imgur.com/nYuX8xD :D:D:D

Edited by Lammia

And I guess it can't be worse than my Jedi Sage with Felix Iresso on Tython: http://imgur.com/nYuX8xD

That looks exactly as weird as Quinn is going to look in his imp uniform standing around in the Senate. I mean.. he joins pubs for turning on the republic.. I seriously hope they've thought this through. Pierce doesn't get dragged around like that.. Maybe I'm just overprotective, the rp is strong with me :o

Edited by grania

I have to confess, I'm having a hard time reconciling the fact that in a couple months, people are going to start taking their shiny new Quinns places like Coruscant, and the Republic Fleet. The Esseles! He just doesn't belong there, I'm very sorry I'm so greedy about it. :(

Some will be doing that with Elara. So it's both sides!

What is it about Quinn that makes him interesting? Is it the betrayal?

No, it's not the betrayal, not for me anyway, although that factors into it in an indirect sort of way.

Quinn is an underdog in a world that is astoundingly stacked against him, yet he never gives up and never admits defeat. He has completely bought into the idea that the Empire is a meritocracy, even when it's obvious that it really isn't, and has wholeheartedly embraced the notion is that he inherently inferior to the Sith. This makes him a bit of a tragic figure for me, but a noble one.

He is completely, unfailingly loyal, to the point where he would rather ignore his own survival instincts to follow Baras until the bitter end, all because he gave his word to Baras first and feels that it would be dishonorable to go back on his promise. That is the kind of man whose loyalty you want on your side, people, because that is a loyalty that can never be swayed or compromised. Once he failed to kill my SW, his life was forfeit. When she gave him a second chance, he was hers utterly, because now she owned his loyalty more than Baras. This is why my warrior didn't want to kill him, and why she actually respected him more after the betrayal.

He is calculating and ruthless, which my DS SW could relate to, and he knows how Sith power games work. He also balanced her out - he was the brains to her brawn, the thinker to her doer, the planner to her spontaneity. I loved the kind of duo they made.

The Quinn romance is interesting and different, and there's freedom there to take the story and work it in various ways to fit your character. That is what I like about Quinn and the Quinn romance.

Some will be doing that with Elara. So it's both sides!

Do we know for sure that supporting the Empire or Republic will actually get you the respective companion, regardless of what faction you are? It is going to be weird if that is the case. Maybe it will only allow you to spare them though if you are of the opposite faction. It'll be interesting to see anyway.

Edited by CloudCastle

He is completely, unfailingly loyal, to the point where he would rather ignore his own survival instincts to follow Baras until the bitter end, all because he gave his word to Baras first and feels that it would be dishonorable to go back on his promise. That is the kind of man whose loyalty you want on your side, people, because that is a loyalty that can never be swayed or compromised. Once he failed to kill my SW, his life was forfeit. When she gave him a second chance, he was hers utterly, because now she owned his loyalty more than Baras. This is why my warrior didn't want to kill him, and why she actually respected him more after the betrayal.

I see his choice differently. He didn't choose Baras. He chose what was better for the Empire, to which he is ultimately loyal. He had two Sith: A Dark Council Voice of the Emperor guy, whom he knew for years and believed to work for the good of the Empire vs. a young, masterless Sith, who is being talked to by two Purebloods, one being totally bonkers at that, and who happen to have great claims of being "Emperor's Hand" whatever that means.

In my eyes he chose one he felt was in the position to bring more to the Empire, more influence to work for its good. He didn't chose Baras, he chose the Empire. He was wrong in his assessment, but he never betrayed one thing he was always loyal to: The Sith Empire.

I also believe Quinn didn't work for Baras from the beginning, but was contacted and forced to return to his service after Belsavis, and Draagh's second failed attempt at warrior's life. Some reactions (approval/disapproval) to dialogues and some dialogues could confirm this theory, so I stick to it in my RP.

That's also the reason why my warrior was never angry with him. He put the Empire above her, which hurt her, but was not surprising. And she never blamed him for not understanding that Baras was full of cr*p. Baras barely told her anything, her - a fellow Sith. Only need-to-know basis info, when he sent her to the tasks he was giving her. He certainly wouldn't share anything with a mere Imp, a mid-ranking officer, who could be easily replaced by another faceless, nameless mid-ranking officer.

Do we know for sure that supporting the Empire or Republic will actually get you the respective companion, regardless of what faction you are? It is going to be weird if that is the case. Maybe it will only allow you to spare them though if you are of the opposite faction. It'll be interesting to see anyway.

Just speculation on my part. Would suck to pick a side and not get a companion though if you pick your opposite side. It could lead many to just picking their side, which so many seem to be thinking to do just because they think "Why change."

...I also believe Quinn didn't work for Baras from the beginning, but was contacted and forced to return to his service after Belsavis, and Draagh's second failed attempt at warrior's life. Some reactions (approval/disapproval) to dialogues and some dialogues could confirm this theory, so I stick to it in my RP....

This definitely stood out for me on my current play-through. Once the Wrath's survival was known to Baras and after Baras' primary assassin, Lord Draagh, was defeated on Belsavis, The Hand said that the Wrath's survival was no longer a secret. With Draagh out of commission, Quinn is Baras' the next logical choice considering their history and the fact that he's so close to the Wrath.

Moving forward, I figured that Quinn would make some excuse as to why Jaesa or someone else would be best suited to accompany the Wrath on Voss so that he could spend that time on the ship, preparing for Baras' directive. This would mostly likely have been months of story time passing while Quinn reviewed and analyzed the combat data that he'd been collecting on the Wrath over the past couple of years so that he could use that data not for routine tactics/strategy and mission planning for the Wrath, which was one of his duties, but to procure and program war droids to eliminate the Wrath. I image that Quinn did this with a heavy heart and probably lost a lot of sleep in those months when the Wrath was on Voss - he never sounded like he was 100% all-in during the actual betrayal with my Wrath as he talked a big game in one sentence while coming across as torn and conflicted in another. A lowly Imperial stuck in no-win situation where the only thing he could do was salvage was his sense loyalty to the Sith he had originally pledged it to, even if it cost him his life.

(This is why I love this character - layers!)

I also believe Quinn didn't work for Baras from the beginning, but was contacted and forced to return to his service after Belsavis, and Draagh's second failed attempt at warrior's life. Some reactions (approval/disapproval) to dialogues and some dialogues could confirm this theory, so I stick to it in my RP.

It's been a while since I've done the SW story, but I got the impression that Quinn was Baras's man going back all the way since Druckenwell, and Baras planted him quite deliberately with the SW after Balmorra. Now, I don't think Quinn was aware that he was intended as Baras's spy. (So we could be saying the same thing here.) I thought I remembered, (although it's quite possible my brain made this up to fill in the blanks) that Quinn was about to be court-martialed, or maybe even was, but Baras stepped in and gave him a post on Balmorra, basically saving his career. I assume Baras did this on purpose in order to make Quinn feel that he owed a very big debt to him, all with the intention of calling in that favor later on if he ever needed it.

When it became obvious that the SW was still alive after several attempts to kill her, Baras decided to put Quinn into play. I think in the beginning, loyalty to Baras and loyalty to the SW were one and the same for Quinn, and it was only when Baras told him that he wanted Quinn to kill the SW that he realized that he had to choose who to be loyal to.

I wonder if the writers left all this stuff with Quinn deliberately vague, just so we'd spend years discussing it. :p

It's been a while since I've done the SW story, but I got the impression that Quinn was Baras's man going back all the way since Druckenwell, and Baras planted him quite deliberately with the SW after Balmorra. Now, I don't think Quinn was aware that he was intended as Baras's spy. (So we could be saying the same thing here.) I thought I remembered, (although it's quite possible my brain made this up to fill in the blanks) that Quinn was about to be court-martialed, or maybe even was, but Baras stepped in and gave him a post on Balmorra, basically saving his career. I assume Baras did this on purpose in order to make Quinn feel that he owed a very big debt to him, all with the intention of calling in that favor later on if he ever needed it.

When it became obvious that the SW was still alive after several attempts to kill her, Baras decided to put Quinn into play. I think in the beginning, loyalty to Baras and loyalty to the SW were one and the same for Quinn, and it was only when Baras told him that he wanted Quinn to kill the SW that he realized that he had to choose who to be loyal to.

I wonder if the writers left all this stuff with Quinn deliberately vague, just so we'd spend years discussing it. :p

Quinn: Yes. That is correct. Baras - I can see it clearly in hindsight now - manipulated me into owing him a favor. As I explained several times to my Lord [the warrior], I did owe him my career. I felt indebted to him. He was a powerful Sith Lord; how could I not?

You don't need to explain yourself, Quinn. We believe you. but please do go on in your flowery outburst of poetry--I mean, defending yourself...just keep talking so we can hear your voice, dangit.

Quinn: As a matter of fact, I--wait, you believe me?

Yeah. We do. Us the fangirls. Remember us?

Quinn: On second thought, you believing me is, perhaps, not helping my case.

Yes, it is! You have a whole army of fangirls toting weapons of Quinn-love to back you up! *pout* I completely fail to see how you fail to see this is a good thing.

Quinn: ...you weaponized love.

Yup.

Quinn: You. Weaponized. Love. Are you all Sith?

Nah, not all of us. Well, most of us. I'm kind of grey. There's Darth Lunafox, though; she's awesome.

Quinn: ...Darth...Lunafox...is she your leader?

Sort of...kinda ish not really I don't know?? We don't really have a leader.

Quinn: So you're not like the Sith; you're like the Killiks. A hivemind. Except you used the personal pronoun "I." *warily pointing pistol*

We're not a hivemind. We're just united in our love for you.

Quinn: "Love" is not burying a man beneath a squealing pile of fangirls. Which, by the way, do not carry fans. I found that out first-hand. So to reiterate, "love" is not burying a man beneath a squealing pile of girls who like to hug - crushingly - and tickle and squee and generally make me go deaf over their exultation.

...are you done yet?

Quinn: And being this obsessive over one man does not seem healthy.

You're a bunch of pixels on a computer screen who happens to look good and you have a nice voice. We are perfectly justified. :D

Quinn: I'm WHAT!?

Whoops.

*fourth wall detonates*

Might just be me being my usual cynical self, but I honestly don't think the writers put a fraction of the volume of thought into this that we have.

My take on things was going from what we're told, Baras didn't really take off as a major information wheeler-dealer until he takes on the Warrior as his apprentice. For the most part the other Sith consider him an amateur playing with power. With that in mind, he likely snapped up Quinn during his court martial on chance he'll be useful down the road. He'd definitely keep playing it up that Quinn would be ruined without his stepping in and considering serving in the military is important to Quinn, that's a lot of debt to carry.

Baras tosses him in a figurative junk drawer on Balmorra, probably tosses him a few tasks here and there, doesn't think anything of it. The Balmorra part of the storyline happens and Baras likely figures Quinn'll take the first anything to get off Balmorra and it works out with Quinn jumping planet with the Warrior. He might even have Quinn do some reports on the Warrior or just let him think all debts are paid between them and let whatever happens happen, mostly just a keeping a casual eye on things until it starts becoming obvious that the Warrior's becoming a mover-shaker among the Sith so when Baras' attempts to take the Warrior out fail, he pulls the Quinn card either through threats, mind trick, or some other coercion like with the Agent storyline.

From what Quinn's seen, Baras is a powerful Sith capable of force choking through a holographic transmission. If he doesn't go along or tries to warn the Warrior, he can easily face the same fate and it's not going to stop Baras from doing another murder attempt on the Warrior. Regardless of his feelings towards the Warrior, he's in the position of no matter what, he's going to die be it at the Warrior's hands for betrayal or through Baras for either refusing or by succeeding and facing the eventual fate anyone under Baras faces when they're no longer useful. At best he can hope for a quick death from the Warrior instead of a prolonged death by torture from Baras.

They're so "nice" you forgot about them. Nadia, Temple, and even Elara. ;)

And it isn't "nice" or "not nice" people are after. It's that spark of something interesting and unknown, something you can't predict or get bored with.

Felix and Corso are nice, but they're BLAND. uggghhh just let me put your helmet on and pretend you're someone with a personality.

Vector is the most nice and polite being in the galaxy, but he's a freaking bug. It's tragic, it's weird, it's kinky. It's interesting and he's got a serious(ly weird) following.

Andronikos is definitely not nice, but he's not that interesting, either. You don't see many "omg bring back my nicky" posts around here.

Felix and Corso are bland, but so very loyal, take a blaster bolt for you loyal, so there is that. Guess Aric is in that category.

Vector is just a man with solid black eyes. He is the true romantic, he sees the universe in wonderful expanded ways and is poetry in the flesh. I adore him. If that makes me weird, so be it, I will join Luna in that gallery.

I actually quite love Nikky Revel. He is a bad boy, not jealous, not clingy does his own thing and doesn't nag at my Inq when she does hers. I loved his letter line "We are in each other's orbits until the stars grow cold', so he has a rough romantic side too. I will be quite happy to have him back.

The female love interests, done them on some male toons, and to me there are only a few that are worth the pixels they were drawn with. And most of the voice actors would either curdle milk or put you to sleep with how bored they sound. I don't think the guys came out ahead in this I love lucy, 1950's portrayal of the female love interest.

But yeah, interesting, diverse, edgy definitely wins out. I'll save nice for real life.

Quinn: Yes. That is correct. Baras - I can see it clearly in hindsight now - manipulated me into owing him a favor. As I explained several times to my Lord [the warrior], I did owe him my career. I felt indebted to him. He was a powerful Sith Lord; how could I not?

You don't need to explain yourself, Quinn. We believe you. but please do go on in your flowery outburst of poetry--I mean, defending yourself...just keep talking so we can hear your voice, dangit.

Yes, it is! You have a whole army of fangirls toting weapons of Quinn-love to back you up! *pout* I completely fail to see how you fail to see this is a good thing.

Yup.

Nah, not all of us. Well, most of us. I'm kind of grey. There's Darth Lunafox, though; she's awesome.

Quinn: So you're not like the Sith; you're like the Killiks. A hivemind. Except you used the personal pronoun "I." *warily pointing pistol*

Quinn: "Love" is not burying a man beneath a squealing pile of fangirls. Which, by the way, do not carry fans. I found that out first-hand. So to reiterate, "love" is not burying a man beneath a squealing pile of girls who like to hug - crushingly - and tickle and squee and generally make me go deaf over their exultation.

...are you done yet?

You're a bunch of pixels on a computer screen who happens to look good and you have a nice voice. We are perfectly justified. :D

Whoops.

*fourth wall detonates*

Lmao. Don't worry Quinn, we're not really a hivemind. We do have our different opinions on you, in the way you make us... happy, the parts we love best about you. Mostly. No actually I think we may all be pretty much on par, for most part. Yeah no I can't argue any of this, I'll go back to swooning and daydreaming. :o

I do actually enjoy Andronikos as well, my SI is quite happy with him. I'm just not as gaga over him as I am over Quinn, Vector and Scourge my Scourge. ♥ I won't get into Corso... Felix recently grew on me for different reasons but I'm not exactly holding my breath for him either. Doc's just nice and pervy and doesn't hide it, I'm ok with that. Sadly some of my most favorite men aren't even LI's or big characters, and they're all flavors of bad. Gotta love a fantasy world.

What is it about Quinn that makes him interesting? Is it the betrayal?

For me it's the uniqeness of the whole thing. Usually you are the heroine and meet your "partner in crime" who is your equal in every way. Sith ladies, being Force users, have a bit of a higher standing but as LIs go Andronikos (the SI love interest) is not part of the hierarchy and he makes it pretty clear. He is rebelous - which is understandable, he is a pirate! :p

Quinn on the other hand starts off as the "victim" of your affection. He is here to serve and finds your attention unprofessional. YOU are the one that starts the whole thing and as female romances go - that is pretty unique in it's own way.

Out of the romancable men I haven't played through Doc's, Vector's, Aric's or Torain's or Irssio's romances yet.

Doc I just can't bring myself to do. As he's too much Mr Sleaze for my liking but at least he's honest about it. And Vector is another no go for me as well. I just don't like bugs. :p There's more to it than that but I can't really put into words.

I really liked Quinn's and Revel really suited the SI I felt. And I liked Corso's romance so leave the poor guy alone! :p

As for the romancle ladies I've completed Kira's, Mako's and Elena's. I enjoyed Kira's the most. Mako's was sweet in a really strange way. And as for the ex imp she never really gets the rod out her arse it wasn't bad but I don't really want to go through it a second time.

Felix and Corso are bland, but so very loyal, take a blaster bolt for you loyal, so there is that. Guess Aric is in that category.

Vector is just a man with solid black eyes. He is the true romantic, he sees the universe in wonderful expanded ways and is poetry in the flesh. I adore him. If that makes me weird, so be it, I will join Luna in that gallery.

I actually quite love Nikky Revel. He is a bad boy, not jealous, not clingy does his own thing and doesn't nag at my Inq when she does hers. I loved his letter line "We are in each other's orbits until the stars grow cold', so he has a rough romantic side too. I will be quite happy to have him back.

The female love interests, done them on some male toons, and to me there are only a few that are worth the pixels they were drawn with. And most of the voice actors would either curdle milk or put you to sleep with how bored they sound. I don't think the guys came out ahead in this I love lucy, 1950's portrayal of the female love interest.

But yeah, interesting, diverse, edgy definitely wins out. I'll save nice for real life.

Granted that my perceptions are colored heavily by life experience, I really don't see Iresso or Corso as bland. Iresso does suffer from 'late recruitment syndrome' so his character arc doesn't come across as full as it should be with how much they had to cram in there with what time you have with him. Corso suffers from his romance started toggle kicking in so early that he comes across more creepy to me.

Vector is nicely eloquent but the more the dialog revealed the extent of what Joining does to a body...that was a deal breaker for me.

Andronikos really doesn't set off my Bad Boy warning sense, but is more a rough and rowdy type to me. He pretty much won me over with his proposal being a 'I'm broken, you're broken so let's be broken together' thing.

As far as the romances with women go that I've seen/done, all of them seem off except for Kira and Vette if you go with specific dialog options. I still have yet to do an Akaavi one so I don't have an opinion on that one yet.

The Quinn one just keeps being that one that's my favorite probably because I keep seeing him as the very proper type in public and being a wildman in private.

Yup.

...are you done yet?

Whoops.

*fourth wall detonates*

Tee hee. I really wish they'd change my forum name to Darth Lunafox. *jumps up and down and points* Heeeeey! Eric!!! Darth me, will you? :eek::p

I loved this. You are awesome. I like you. Come here and sit by me. And Misha and Jenny and J2 and Cloud...all of us. I have tea and snacks. Quinn won't mind if we just...I dunno, stare at him for awhile, would he?

The last bit, dunno if anyone watches Westworld but it made me think of when they show a modern photo to a host. "Doesn't look like anything to me..."

Poor Quinn. He's a host. Here for our pleasure. :p

Edited by Lunafox

I haven't played any male characters in swtor beyond a level 10 agent. I try to get my husband to discuss the romances he's done and which ones he liked but he says they are mostly dull and even cringey.

Heck he missed romancing Dorne on his first character because he thought it was inappropriate to flirt with her! Same story with the knight, same story with consular, same story with the inq, same story with warrior "Older man in position of power creeps on younger female." Am I missing any? He's said a few times that Mako's nagging kept him from playing his bh the way he really wanted to, basically ruined the experience.

It seems the only romances he truly enjoyed were Kaliyo and Vette, and I figure it's because, like Quinn, they aren't run-of-the-mill stories/companions. In any case, I don't feel much of a compulsion to roll any dudes. Even on my agent, who's voice I enjoy immensely, I still feel like a woman trapped in a man's body, lol. What do you mean I can't flirt with Vector?

Edited by grania

I haven't played any male characters in swtor beyond a level 10 agent. I try to get my husband to discuss the romances he's done and which ones he liked but he says they are mostly dull and even cringey.

Heck he missed romancing Dorne on his first character because he thought it was inappropriate to flirt with her! Same story with the knight, same story with consular, same story with the inq, same story with warrior "Older man in position of power creeps on younger female." Am I missing any? He's said a few times that Mako's nagging kept him from playing his bh the way he really wanted to, basically ruined the experience.

It seems the only romances he truly enjoyed were Kaliyo and Vette, and I figure it's because, like Quinn, they aren't run-of-the-mill stories/companions. In any case, I don't feel much of a compulsion to roll any dudes. Even on my agent, who's voice I enjoy immensely, I still feel like a woman trapped in a man's body, lol. What do you mean I can't flirt with Vector?

While the male romances do have that position of power creepiness in many of them *coughNadiacough*, the one with Kira is more of a between peers thing since while she's still a padawan, the Knight was only until recent a padawan as well and if I remember rightly, they're close in age too as well as Kira can be promoted to a Knight in her character arc as well. With Vette, if I'm remembering the dialog choices my fiance took with his Warrior, it went something like the Warrior making their interest known and then stepping back so Vette could work out how she felt about it and making her choice from there. I'll have to watch my fiance's current Warrior playthrough to refresh my memory for certain though.

if I'm remembering the dialog choices my fiance took with his Warrior, it went something like the Warrior making their interest known and then stepping back so Vette could work out how she felt about it and making her choice from there

Is that how it goes? Aww. I can see why my husband went from "I'm going to play this warrior the darkest, evilest ever!" To "Ok my warrior isn't all evil, he's actually turned into a somewhat decent guy." Vette changed his character, in a way my husband actually enjoyed. No wonder the warrior really is my favorite story, even over agent.

This is possible too. For my RP I stick to my version, but the theory he was planted by Baras from the beginning without Quinn even knowing fits too. Again, Baras didn't tell the warrior all details, even less chance he'd tell his "sleeper cell" future assassin. Not only because Baras doesn't share info freely, but also - in his paranoia and it could happen - Quinn could (choose to) reveal it to warrior and betray Baras at some point. Darth Fatface couldn't risk that.

Quinn was court-martialed, that's in the story. I also think he was sentenced to death and Baras saved him from that, which would explain why Quinn feels he's got such a huge debt. His very own life. Baras practically owned him.

Might just be me being my usual cynical self, but I honestly don't think the writers put a fraction of the volume of thought into this that we have.

This. They left it half-finished, not fully thought through, and we have to fill in the gaps. Depending on your past actions, the reasons he gives you for choosing to side with Baras are a bit different. My warrior is Dark Side patriotic one. 90% of her decisions get his approval. In this version he didn't give ANY explanation at all. That part of dialogue (reason, between his expression of regret and rambling about Baras being his true master) is just not there at all.

I was quite surprised to see him having actual reasons on my male warrior (who is their kid :D). Especially since the reason surprised me.

Am I the only one who adores him for being socially inept and totally lost in the world of human interactions ("I'm better at saluting than shaking hands")? I find that adorkable lost poor soul not understanding banter, not sure how to behave when she flirts with him sooooo cute. I wish this game supported blushing. His face would be red soooo many times :D

This. They left it half-finished, not fully thought through, and we have to fill in the gaps.

Does it make anyone else uncomfortable that the truth may simply be that the story is written to be played from a male perspective, that our romance was shoehorned in and that there really isn't any good explanation for Quinn betraying us? :(

Is that how it goes? Aww. I can see why my husband went from "I'm going to play this warrior the darkest, evilest ever!" To "Ok my warrior isn't all evil, he's actually turned into a somewhat decent guy." Vette changed his character, in a way my husband actually enjoyed. No wonder the warrior really is my favorite story, even over agent.

That kind of reminds me of my first SW playthough. It was my first class choice in the game and I didn't exactly know how far I can go. I wanted to be the stereotypical sith but the first few companions we get changed me into something...else.

I couldn't bring myself to be mean to Vette for long. She has such a bubbly personality and seemed so unimpressed with the collar I took it off the first chance I got - she became a sister figure to my lady juggernaut. Quinn on the other hand tought my sith to respect soldiers and Imperial allies, at first i was just netting his approval (can't blame me, right? :D) but it became natural after a while. Their marriage seemed like the perfect embodiment of that - my sith was a warrior for the Empire. Then Jaesa came along and I was pretty LS already at that point, so I thought - sure, we can make it work. I'll be the mean sith and keep up the appearances but my crew is my family and I don't need to play games on board the Fury.

It's become a canon for me and it is amazing to think how companions shaped my whole SW expirience :)

Does it make anyone else uncomfortable that the truth may simply be that the story is written to be played from a male perspective, that our romance was shoehorned in and that there really isn't any good explanation for Quinn betraying us? :(

Yeah :( He was used as a tool, whether it made sense or not. And we have to do complicated mind gymnastics for it to make sense, because we care enough.