Best 1v1 Dueler class in 1v1 ("Melee only")

Zackmack

Under what scenario ?

The force shroud is useful for that scenario because that three seconds of immunity gives you time to wait for the enemies resolve to drop while you act in impunity. Also force shroud's DOT removal is a huge counter to DOT based classes who's damage might never come to fruition because of shroud.

Honestly if you can't see why Assassin/Shadow is OP 1v1 then you probably don't understand the class's abilities can optimally be used. Only Concealment OP can hold a candle infiltration/deception.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deception sin 100%. The burst and control that they have is way too much for a healing OP, assuming they are both of the same caliber. The video above proves it, even though the sin is playing a hybrid Deception/Madness spec.

The force shroud is useful for that scenario because that three seconds of immunity gives you time to wait for the enemies resolve to drop while you act in impunity. Also force shroud's DOT removal is a huge counter to DOT based classes who's damage might never come to fruition because of shroud.

Honestly if you can't see why Assassin/Shadow is OP 1v1 then you probably don't understand the class's abilities can optimally be used. Only Concealment OP can hold a candle infiltration/deception.

You are forgetting that while shroud does remove the dots, the moment you trigger it I can reapply my dots from melee attacks. The dots will start ticking right away but you will resist the first tick (or two depending on how fast I was in reapplying), what are you going to do after that ? If you were 1 second slow in using vanish, I just ruined your whole strategy and forced you in combat.

Beside any marauder worth his salt will use force camouflage the moment you vanish as well and go behind a corner (or something similar).

Edit: I am no saying an annihilation marauder is going to wreck face against a deception Sin. All I am saying we can negate some of those strategies that you can employ. The intelligence handling the marauder is not an npc, he is a human who can understand how the other class is behaving.

Edited by znihilist

It's all theorycrafting until you test it. Go duel the best Assassins, Ops, and Marauders on your sever and find out for yourself. If you can't do that soon then watch streams of some of the best players on your server. I've offered some from mine but so far everyone insists on continuing to theorycraft.

You're always going to have people who step in with theorycrafting and people who share video "proof". Maybe the best Assassin from Server A would have his *** handed to him by the best Marauder from Server B. None of that really matters in a discussion like this.

It's nearly universally accepted that Assassin/Shadow make the best solo node guards in the game. They have been since launch, and for good reason: this class is designed for 1v1 encounters, and a high probability of survival in 2v1 scenarios.

The only other option that even came close was Annihilation Marauder/Watchman Sentinel. They were consistently good at attacking node guards due to high DoT damage and self-heals. Since 2.0, not so much. One could argue a case for just about any class, and it ultimately depends on the player. But considering the entire span of this game's history, without a doubt, the best soloist is the Assassin/Shadow.

Great deception assassins are nigh unbeatable in a 1v1.

But if you arent a great driver, it really doesnt matter if you are in the fastest car.

some people expect to win a race just with one gear...

and they think ® stands for 'Rocket'

It's all theorycrafting until you test it. Go duel the best Assassins

just to be clear, is that true that your best assassin can beat your best scoundrel in 1v1? (post 2.0 ofc)

Edited by vladllen

It's all theorycrafting until you test it. Go duel the best Assassins, Ops, and Marauders on your sever and find out for yourself. If you can't do that soon then watch streams of some of the best players on your server. I've offered some from mine but so far everyone insists on continuing to theorycraft.

It's not really theory crafting. We all ran into 1vs1 situations during WZs. While operative healers may have a chance to drag a fight out and potentially win (so does sorc), it's always a question can I kill the opponent and take the node before help comes? Sins have the lead here by a mile. I fought with and against many classes solo in WZs, deception sin (maybe darkness or some hybrid in between) are the strongest in terms of burst damage and survivability.

What makes "Deception Assassin" good in 1v1?

He can (and will) lolmaul you to death. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Oh yeah, and he has the 'Oh sh*t' button, more commonly referred to as stealth...

That tournament doesn't offer the class and spec of each participant. That would have been nice in order to see the big picture.

there is a corresponding thread in the Bastion server forum. Scold ran the tournament so if you look for threads started by him you can find it. Wakalord (the tournament winner) is a shadow.

Infiltration/Deception Shadow Sin by a mile.

1v1 me i'll make you hate the class lol.

In most 1v1s with sent/mara I only go down to about 80-85% HP and they'll be dead.

Against a tank 1v1 I just control them with my stuns, slows, and work them down.

So you think operative healer is OP 1v1?

Opener,

Force kick, procs shadowstrike(maul) 8-10k hit, lowslash (4 sec stun/2-3k weapon dmg) Force poet (recklessness) then drop Force Breach (discharge) 7-9k+. MIND YOU they are stunned this whole time, IF they use a CC breaker i'll force stun giving me another 4 seconds, and they take 6% increased dmg from ANY SOURCE of attack. Then throw a project which doubl procs about 5-9k 1st hit 3-5k 2nd hit. If they have popped med/pack/cooldowns and aren't dead, they'll easily be under 30% HP finish off with spinning strike (assassinate) and they're donezo.

This rotation will kill most any class. In PVP in a warzone I will regularly kill my opponent without even taking a single hit of damage.

1v1 Shadow/Sin vs Shadow/Sin

It really comes down to who gets the stun off 1st / opener from stealth and restealth ... howeverrrrrrrrrrr

RESILIENCE can be stunnnnnnedddd.... (Lowslash is weapon damage Not Force or Tech ...) so you can actually stun a sin/shadow AS SOOON as they pop their resilience. You'll have about a second or 2 of them still stunned without the 100% reduction to force/tech then just attack then, making it useless so save that ability after you know they've used their lowslash.

My Shadow's name is Vital, i'm on POT5 i'm happy to 1v1 with you, or help you with your rotation.

<3

An Assassin won our Servers 1v1 Tourney.

A scoundrel/operative should win any 1vs1 duel assuming they are very good. A scrapper for instance should easily take out a watchman sentinel thanks to the free cleanse on roll. A healer is even more OP though a slower fight.

Despite what people say, I've found deception assassins tough but certainly not unbeatable 1vs1 as a scrapper. The key is just to use your roll to create gap and kite them during resilience.

Great deception assassins are nigh unbeatable in a 1v1.

But if you arent a great driver, it really doesnt matter if you are in the fastest car.

Smiled because it's true. I largely prefer my trusty old blue collar muscle car aka Vigilance Guardian, even if it's not the most powerful spec. First main since release, playing pretty much all other classes and specs, (know thine enemy and all that), but this class/spec just doesn't let me go.

Edited by Helig

I know the assassins are (very!) good, but you are exaggerating your point by a mile.

For one force shroud is a 3 seconds immunity ever 60 seconds, you can't pop that stuff every 5 seconds.

As for the stealth during combat, my annihilation marauder can make sure you can't use that at all (unless you decide to use shroud before to be able to stealth out, then I know I will win the fight).

The fact as, as much deception assassins are good, they don't fare that well against dot specs (I am not saying they are completely horrible in these situations).

edit: Beside, burst is irrelevant in 1v1.

Vigilance Guardians are eating Assassins for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Their dots arent powerful, but they are enough to keep the Sin from stealthing away, while they unload their massive burst on them.

Vigilance Guardians are eating Assassins for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Their dots arent powerful, but they are enough to keep the Sin from stealthing away, while they unload their massive burst on them.

Vigilance is good - but not because of the DoTs. Focused Defense is great soft stunlock counter, and Vigilance, overall, is one of the most durable non-tank, non-healing specs. Mitigates a lot of damage if you have 2/2 Defiance/Unyielding. Reflect is good when breaking a stun, seeing that he has 3 charges and is about to unload his discharge combo.

Sin can counter Vigil's "massive burst" in several ways - Deflection (blocks master strike, OHS), Low Slash (interrupt MS), Resilience (eats Plasma Brand/Blade Storm, but granted, hard to time because Vigilance priorities are very flexible. Can still be used to clear DoTs to slip away), Cloak - deselect target, cancel channel (blocks Master Strike, even if DoTs will bring the Sin out of stealth - he still gets 20% damage reduction after stealth and increased force regen).

TL: DR - Vigilance is not a hard counter to Deception. It kills bad Sins, but good Sins have very good chances to come out victorious.

Edited by Helig