After 1.4 -Caution-known schematics highlighted and consumable!!

MorgonKara

I had an augment schematic in my inventory that my character already knows. It showed highlighted in his inventory and it was consumed when I right-clicked on it. Wasted augment schematic that could have been sold or traded.

Make sure you double-check schematics before you click on them by looking at your crew skills craft window to see if it's already known.

Edited by MorgonKara

I just lost a schem this way.

It wasn't grayed out to indicate that I already knew it, so when I right-clicked to learn it, it disappeared and gave me a message that I "already knew that schem".

Yeah, unfortunately that's how the system originally worked and it seems that 1.4 somehow reverted it back to that state.

Yes the crafting coder is out to lunch or something. The following bugs have been fixed, then REINTRODUCED, NUMEROUS TIMES! I've lost count of how it's worked and then not worked, but its something like:

Recipes:

1) clicking a recipe u already know just vanishes (original way it worked)

2) then clicking a recipe u already know would halt with the message "you already know that recipe"

3) now clicking a recipe u already know will vanish, but u get the message "you already know that recipe"

mission discoveries

1) originally, the mission just disappeared and you don't learn it if you already have it

2) then you could queue mission discoveries - ones you already know you could learn a new one if your companion was already on that one, and send another companion on that same one

3) then they changed it so you couldn't send a companion out if you already had that mission queued, you had to wait until it finished

4) last patch and I think still now, the mission just disappears and you don't learn it if its already queued

why do they keep jacking it up? LOL at this point its just so badly executed its funny. Do they even test at all? WTH?!?! Do they just not care?

I reported this on Beta a couple of weeks ago. Clearly it wasn't important enough to fix before setting it live.

I think you mean on PTS. And you weren't only one. Turns out proper way to report bug is to make thread on forums and have it constantly active until it gets BW response.

They're also going to make it easier to tell which schems you know at some point (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5234190):

Hey everyone, we do have plans to label schematics to make it clear whether or not it is already known by your character, but don't have a timeline as to when this change will take place. It's definitely something we want to add to make schematics easier to assess!

If you will put in a ticket specifying what schematic you lost - CS has been replacing them.

At least I got a couple replaced by ticketing with exact name of the item lost.

So put in your tickets on these as annoying as it is, they will replace your lost item.

Here's what you can do to easily check

1. Open your inventory

2. start strafing forward and backwards, left and right using "W", "S", "A", "D" key

3. Right click on your schematic while your still strafing

4. Look for the game message, if it states:

"Crew Skill operation successful" - This means you don't have the schematic

"You already have this schematic" - This means you already have the schematic