Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

why play if you hate the company so much? jesus dude youre like that kid who bites his nails till they bleed then cries about it. if you dont like it then stop. its simple. wow just had a major content patch go play that

I play it because I love Star Wars. That's the reason most people play this game, not because they love Bioware. I'm not a kid, but it's clear you are of lower intelligence since you have to resort to immature insults and the standard "go play this instead"

Stop embarrassing yourself.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pay sucks and so do the hours, Job security blows you work on a project for 3 to 4 years get bounced in the normal downsize and on top of that you lose the thrill and fun of gaming for the most part. So I have heard

Sounds like most US-based software companies, then, including one large one I used to work for. I'd add to that that I expect a certain level of professionalism from any place I work for, so I'd say, it's highly unlikely.

You're pretty optimistic even assuming the servers will be up by tomorrow for people to log in. At this point I'm not willing to give them that much credit.

OK fine so then how about by the time the server is back up, WHOEVER LOGS IN within the next 48 hours after the servers are back online, would get the pet? Fair enough? Or do I have to be more specific for you sensitive little snowflakes who have complained so much so, that they've had to make ops easier to run.

... why dont you apply at bioware austin...

Bioware, maybe, but EA? Oh Hell No.

...give them a break...

Again, Hell No. I PAY for something, I expect it to WORK, not 'as intended'. If my minions delivered me something of this 'quality' for client consumption, I would be handing them their walking papers before the client(s) terminated our contract(s) with cause.

The pay sucks and so do the hours, Job security blows you work on a project for 3 to 4 years get bounced in the normal downsize and on top of that you lose the thrill and fun of gaming for the most part. So I have heard

salvagedialects doesn't know what he's talking about if you read his post. I think he still codes in notepad. I guess he's never heard of an Interactive Development Environment. But either way. I'm not judging BW until I see what their response is to the inconvenience of the playerbase and then worsening the problem with 15 codes. I am a new subber and have had no problems with BW in the past, so I'll hold my judgement until this is resolved and/or compensated. I guess since 15 people already recieved it, giving everyone currently subbed the pet would make the most since. A few CC coins if not. It would be a trend in the type of customer care that keeps games growing and alive, and would also be a factor in deciding if me and my brother sub for a second month.

And heres proof of someone who hasnt been around long enough to endure this kind of bullhonky multiple times. This isnt the first time Bioware as screwed up, and it most certainly wont be the last. Stop defending Bioware and belittling people who are tired of Bioware's incompetence.

dude i have a founder title. ive been here since beta. im just NOT a baby about it because i know how it is lol

coding a mmo isnt *********** easy esp when their parent company gives them almost no support

OK fine so then how about by the time the server is back up, WHOEVER LOGS IN within the next 48 hours after the servers are back online, would get the pet? Fair enough? Or do I have to be more specific for you sensitive little snowflakes who have complained so much so, that they've had to make ops easier to run.

Wow someone is a little sensitive...or simply doesn't understand the concept of sarcasm. I'll try to be more clear in the future when I'm making fun.

Why offer up codes to a few people when clearly this issue affect EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the game?

And a code for a pet certainly isn't going to solve this problem. This is a recurring problem. I'd be happy if they just axed the incompetent people, hired quality developers and testers and did their jobs right.

If this kept happening to my development organization you could damn well be sure there would be people looking for jobs afterward.

I'm not sure I could agree with you more. If this happened where I am with the frequency it does here, the proverbial phrase, "heads would roll." comes to mind.

folks arent understanding the issue , eric did NOT have to give any codes at all. he did so out of the kindness of his heart and yall sit there and criticize him for not being nice ENOUGH its ridiculous

He tried to keep the crowd calm and it backfired. And he went huffy when people were not sufficiently grateful. I'll grant that he maybe didn't mean to come over like that, but it sure was not handled well.

well yea giving everyone 54398673498607039856349863498 credits would make everyone happy too. besides the point. you know what im trying to say! they wanted to fix the game their players enjoy, and in trying to do so they made a mistake. im sure literally everyone has done the same thing in their lifetime. do you deserved to get shouted at because you had good intentions that backfired? be glad they give a **** enough to fix it and keep us on the same page.

I would put something like that in the "game breaking" category. Something that would utterly tank the economy would be a problem. Being able to level a character in a week instead of 10 days hardly approaches the same sort of area of importance.

Yes, the incorrect values needed to be fixed. But it was not, as best I can tell from this side of things (player instead of developer), game breaking. It could have waited for the regular patching cycle.

Have I made mistakes? Yes I have. I worked on nuclear reactors in the Navy (chemistry and radiological controls). I made mistakes at times. The Navy solution was not "try again" or "keep trying". It was "you are disqualified and will be replaced right now and undergo retraining". Why? Bacause messing around with nuclear reactors requires great care, attention to detail, and following very specific procedures. I also have some experience with programming, it's been a few decades now, but as I recall, you had to do a great deal of checking, rechecking and testing on any program before you released it out into the wild. It would appear that such a common procedure was not followed in this case (even they admit it was a rushed "emergency patch").

That is my point. I get what you are saying and I even agree that it needed to be fixed. But time and place as they say. The roof might be leaking and need to be fixed, but you don't rip off all the old shingles during a rainstorm or before buying new paper and shingles... You check the weather, you buy your paper, shingles and nails...then and only then do you tear off the old shingles to put on the new ones. My impression of the situation is that they decided to proceed with a patch without properly vetting it first, sort of like tearing off shingles before buying new roofing materials with a rain storm moving in...

dude i have a founder title. ive been here since beta. im just NOT a baby about it because i know how it is lol

coding a mmo isnt *********** easy esp when their parent company gives them almost no support

I never once said anything about it being easy. Its sheer incompetence on Bioware's part. They have a PTR to test things out on before pushing them to the live servers, but instead, they completely screw up and push it to live anyways. One prime example is the recently additon of the Crisis on Umbara flashpoint, which got 2 extra days of QA, and yet THEY STILL RELEASED IT, BUGGED TO HELL AND BACK.

But no, please do tell me about how it has anything to do with coding.

I never once said anything about it being easy. Its sheer incompetence on Bioware's part. They have a PTR to test things out on before pushing them to the live servers, but instead, they completely screw up and push it to live anyways. One prime example is the recently additon of the Crisis on Umbara flashpoint, which got 2 extra days of QA, and yet THEY STILL RELEASED IT, BUGGED TO HELL AND BACK.

But no, please do tell me about how it has anything to do with coding.

Nah, the incompetence is at the management level, and that's above the couple of employees that post in here.

All SWTOR servers are once again available. Get in there, friends, and thank you for your patience today.

Yeah, I think I'd rather wait for a little while to see if anybody storms the forums saying, "Hey, what's wrong with this, this, this, and this?!" before I try logging into any of my characters.

He tried to keep the crowd calm and it backfired. And he went huffy when people were not sufficiently grateful. I'll grant that he maybe didn't mean to come over like that, but it sure was not handled well.

Nope, he didn't get huffy, people wanted more than what he could give, and he couldn't please everyone, so that was the end of that. Eric was one of the very few people on the forum, not huffy. He's got the worst job out of all of them, dealing with hot heads on the forums.

Dear Dev Team & SWtoR peeps,

I know you guys are hard at work trying to get this all unciphered and fixed and I appreciate y'all's hard work for the amount of people you have, but can I make a recommendation. 25 codes got posted, that means 25 people just got whatever, and literally the entire rest of the fanbase lost out. With the downtime being so long, could you guys just give out the cartel coins to people's accounts, or with in game mail, so everybody gets a piece? I recognize this is going to take forever, but that's also time people generally have spent money to play, and that's money they're losing out on.

To the rest of the fanbase, instead of asking every five to ten minutes, what's the ETA? Just go outside or play something else for now. The more time you spend bugging the developers on the uptime of the game, it's time they have to spend looking at everybody's posts, and less time spent trying to figure out the cause of all the issues with the hotfix, like we can talk general discussion, but leave the developers in peace for now, until they can give us a timeframe in which they'll have everything working again.

Much love, and much concern, die hard Star Wars fan, Irrazius <3

This seems like a good idea.