Dual Spec. Still want it.

Warb_Null

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dual spec? My tanks spec gets changed like every 3rd fight in hm raids. Dual spec wouldn't help me, and excluding field respec for it would be terrible because I'm locked out of my ability to swap my crap as needed. My vanguard has 4 specs, 2 tank (pvev/pvp) and 2 tank hybrid specs, 1 with 14% aoe damage reduction and 1 with 14% dot reduction for varying fights. My guardian has her regular spec, a spec with expeditious protector for fights with a lot of movement/aoe damage and the 2 dps specs for pvp/pve.

Without spending a ton of time implimenting a system that lets me save any number of specs, I'd much rather have field respec. It's unlimited specs while spending 20 seconds reassembling my stuff.

Dual spec? My tanks spec gets changed like every 3rd fight in hm raids. Dual spec wouldn't help me, and excluding field respec for it would be terrible because I'm locked out of my ability to swap my crap as needed. My vanguard has 4 specs, 2 tank (pvev/pvp) and 2 tank hybrid specs, 1 with 14% aoe damage reduction and 1 with 14% dot reduction for varying fights. My guardian has her regular spec, a spec with expeditious protector for fights with a lot of movement/aoe damage and the 2 dps specs for pvp/pve.

Without spending a ton of time implimenting a system that lets me save any number of specs, I'd much rather have field respec. It's unlimited specs while spending 20 seconds reassembling my stuff.

Why do the field respec people think that dual/multiple spec and field respec are mutually exclusive? No one is saying to remove field respec.

Edited by Phyltr

I suspect for some folks it is simply a way to argue against dual spec. Naturally there would be no need to remove field respec...you would still need it to trigger the respec. Saving the setup simply means you could reassign your specials on your bars and points with perhaps a single click.

Folks can certainly argue it is not necessary nor required, no more than a convenience feature (agree with all three contentions) but I don't think someone can realistically argue that the current system is better than being able to save a setup for one click application.

....to me it's like arguing it's better to walk than to use a speeder.

Field re-spec is weak. I'd rather have "real" dual spec than housing, or space pvp, or re-colors of the same armors ad nauseum. Or a temporary arcade mini-game.

Agreed. So many other MMOs have already adopted a multi-spec character scenario, and it has not hurt anyone's gameplay, nor the game itself.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Still waiting on this issue.

Dual Spec, UI saving, something that allows me to respec quickly and efficiently so I can switch between two+ specs on the fly. The current field respec is not good enough for me, considering other MMO's have had this for years.

• 2 months later...
So, still no Dual Spec possible?

Da***.

Even the cheapest asian MMORPGs have such a simple feature.

Oh my god. Are you kidding me?

I just came back a few days ago, so it hasn't really come up. I thought I just hadn't found the option yet.

Are you seriously telling me that it's 2015 and there's no dual spec in this game?

Oh my god. Are you kidding me?

I just came back a few days ago, so it hasn't really come up. I thought I just hadn't found the option yet.

Are you seriously telling me that it's 2015 and there's no dual spec in this game?

and probably never will be.

you can already field respec, which is as close as you are going to get.

• 5 months later...

I would hate to make a new thread for this suggestion, so here is a bump of a larger thread that's only a few months old.

In short, I just want the ability to switch from my Tank spec for PvE to my DPS spec for PVP without having to spend several minutes moving / adding / removing skills on my hotbars. Have one or two layouts saved and switch between them.

Edited by Mikniff