Lost Island HM waste of time

the time it takes to get through that FP on hm is same like doing 5 time KP or EV.

this FP is utter waste of time.. after doing it once and getting useless loot for it.

I went through LI HM about 5 times now with a tank and an healer... each time it's at least one wipe on LR-5 and 2 wipes at least on Dr Lorrik.

This just frustrating quest as it's gets.

even kephess final boss fight on EC was easier then this one.

what's the point?

and worst part is the human factor.. try to explain to people not to walk on the circle as they'll get a DOT... damn someone got it 12 times in one try of Dr L.

utter waste of time.

and gear factor I got mix from columi (2\3 parts) upto campaign gear.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the time it takes to get through that FP on hm is same like doing 5 time KP or EV.

this FP is utter waste of time.. after doing it once and getting useless loot for it.

I went through LI HM about 5 times now with a tank and an healer... each time it's at least one wipe on LR-5 and 2 wipes at least on Dr Lorrik.

what's the point?

and worst part is the human factor.. try to explain to people not to walk on the circle as they'll get a DOT... damn someone got it 12 times in one try of Dr L.

utter waste of time.

Heh, it's one of the short flashpoints actually, easily completable in 20 minutes, while a EV / KP run can easily net you 40 minutes.

My advice to you would be to read the fights and watch videos, the bosses you mention are quite easy now. If the player factor is the case try to help them out, if they are beyond help kick them. We all have to go through with this.

This.

people do stupid things like playing tanks without shield :X

Had a Full Rakata DPS in dps spec, in tank stance, with no shield generator trying to tank LI HM... Same tank I got in EV SM 10 minutes before and they got 2 shotted by the lava/stompy guy whose name evades me at this moment. We couldn't do any bosses with them at all. It was completely awful...

Now on topic: You have to teach people, the people doing it without friends are generally people who have never done it before. I usually give people 2-3 attempts to improve, if they don't I kick them. After fully explaining what they need to do or watch out for of course.

what's the point?

utter waste of time.

20 minutes for my 5 daily BH comms and half of my weekly is not too bad .

Just group with better players.

one of my major problems is I have to pug my way via GF,

when I manage to get my guildies it's rofl'somp all the way, but pugs mostly looks like this:

I join the game and they are near the first "boss" without and healer/tank, the tank will probably have no shield, there will Always be one dps with crappy gear and less then 14K hp (try to heal that :X ) and next but worst they will never listen... I mean if there is a circle on the ground RUN but no... they love that spot.

and yesterday the shield-less tank run we managed to get to dr L but he just got something like 4 bombs in "I have few tricks" part.. then people were collecting debuffs from the circles like some pokemons.

the options are:

1. do LI HM once a week with guildies.

2. try to pug and risk 50K - 100K repair costs + lots of time wasted on wipes :X

The only way it's remotely doable in less than 20 minutes is with 4 stealthers.

A decent group takes about 22-25 minutes.. Try to actually time it from the time it pops, untill you're actually through it.

And for the OP, if you don't enjoy it, don't play it.. And it's just plain stupid to say LI HM is harder than EC SM..

It also kinda sounds like you don't know you can cleanse the dot on the last fight in there.. When I'm there as a healer I click through everyone now and then and cleanse the dot.. I'm pretty sure I can do that flashpoint without a tank even.

I've done it yesterday with my guildmates in 30ish minutes. I had tionese Guardian tank, they were all well geared - mostly BH. I died once at robot boss at the end - but they did manage to finish him off. Died one more time stupidly at trash mobs. One of the members was Jedi Sentinel so I got 2-3 columi items and Rakata Chest at the end.

Quite fast run, got lots of good gear = LI HM is great HM.

A decent group takes about 22-25 minutes.. Try to actually time it from the time it pops, untill you're actually through it.

And for the OP, if you don't enjoy it, don't play it.. And it's just plain stupid to say LI HM is harder than EC SM..

It also kinda sounds like you don't know you can cleanse the dot on the last fight in there.. When I'm there as a healer I click through everyone now and then and cleanse the dot.. I'm pretty sure I can do that flashpoint without a tank even.

Thats what i mean about class composition.

simplely not true, i have done with guildmates in 16minutes and not a one of us use stealth.

i agree that going with guild helps as the chance of getting 2 sents with 13k hp each with a 11k guardian tank without a shield in a dps stance is really low and yes i seen groups like that for this flashpoint. if they don't get the fight 3rd time around start asking ur guild or friends for a replacement as 4th or 5th is just a waste. but i would highly suggest that anyone turning 50 alteast take a good monent to read up on this flashpoint before even thinking of que for this becuase the gear help but not as much as knowing they fights.

Trouble is, people often have differing opinion as to how to do the bot boss. Then orientation of the tank. Then who takes on the adds. They can even fight over whether it should be done clockwise or counterclockwise (when it's done doing circles in a tight group).

Then peeps rage-quit.

of course I know i can cleanse it but! when people gets:

tank > 5 debuffs

Rdps > 3 debuffs

Mdps > 6 debuffs

at the same time, then you cleanse the tank first try to keep him alive so the boss won't wack you with bombs and the tank yet again run all over the green goo.

the pain :X

and the sad part is that if people knows what to do it's extremely easy.. I mean with my guildies we can just tank and spank any flashpoint very quickly without any need to use chat or something or cc and such.

pugs.

had another group for foundry HM, had to go out and take the dps to a tour on the fleet and teaching him about the free gear and instructing him how to gear up (sorcerer using str gear :X) after 20 mins we went to the fp only to get to final boss, after killing him you need to use a terminal to end the mission BUT the other pug dps banzai down from the platform for some reason.. I kicked him from the group.

after 20 mins we went to the fp only to get to final boss, after killing him you need to use a terminal to end the mission BUT the other pug dps banzai down from the platform for some reason.. I kicked him from the group.

gratz kicking sometime is for the best. i don't mind helping if they ask for it but if just go and do the oppsite of what i just said be ready for the kick/quit.

Edited by ladwar

utter waste of time.

i tihink that's pretty much what's wrong with today MMO communities.

Wiping becomes unacceptable, failling to kill a boss, becomes unacceptable, it is, and i quote a "utter waste of time"

Do you have any idea how many times i have wiped on scholomance when it was tightly pack. On general drakkishah when it was genually a demanding encounter. And don't get me started on TBC heroics.

You are the reason why wow is now what it is, and wish for swtor to take the same path. What we need is not easier flashpoint but harder flash point, bring it on, level 3 flashpoint, nightmare flash point. Making mistake does actually have consequenses.

It also kinda sounds like you don't know you can cleanse the dot on the last fight in there..

1. LI HM is harder than ECSM. Clearly a random group can't carry the OP through LIHM.

2. That is the only explanation for obscene Lorrick wipes. It has been better lately, but for a long time I had a string of pug healers who didn't have the talent spent to cleanse physical debuffs. So, they couldn't actually cleanse it, and complained endlessly when over the course of 8 spray phases, the melee would get 10 or 15 stacks. It's too much to heal! There's nothing I can do!!!

3. I'd much prefer 20 minutes in Lost Island (Discounting the 'stealth' run to the frist minimob, which alwayss results in endless waiting around) over 45 minutes of waiting to spacebar Esseles or most of the other flashpoints, which are definitely longer.

This flashpoint is like any other content in every game. I remember when we would wipe on SM KP or SM EV. Now we can 5 man HM EV with 2 fresh 50's in green gear. I hated Lost Island the first 2 times I did it , we wiped numious times, but the 3rd time it was easier, we had a close call, but no deaths. Now we we run through it like it is sm EV. Once you learn the mechinics, it is easy just like every other flashpoint or ops.

My suggestion get with a group to learn the fight.

Personally I love crappy pugs in HMFPs on my healer, It makes me learn to be a better healer, manage my energy and protect myself which helps me when I am in harder content like the Ciphas, Heirad, and Kel’Sara fight in HM TfB.

I agree with Vankris, wipping isn't that bad of a thing, what I would add wiping isn't bad if you and the group are learning from the wipe. We wiped I know 6 times in a row on Kephess in HM TfB, we learned from the mistakes and all it did was make the next time all the more rewarding when we beat him...(not really sure how many times it took. Sawbones...I dropped out of combat a few times when they yelled wipe it up, so I didn't die everytime. Still point stands wiping isn't the end all if you are learning from the wipe. If you go right back and do the exact same thing and expect a different outcome, then yeah wipping is a problem.

Edited by mikebevo

1. LI HM is harder than ECSM. Clearly a random group can't carry the OP through LIHM.

2. That is the only explanation for obscene Lorrick wipes. It has been better lately, but for a long time I had a string of pug healers who didn't have the talent spent to cleanse physical debuffs. So, they couldn't actually cleanse it, and complained endlessly when over the course of 8 spray phases, the melee would get 10 or 15 stacks. It's too much to heal! There's nothing I can do!!!

3. I'd much prefer 20 minutes in Lost Island (Discounting the 'stealth' run to the frist minimob, which alwayss results in endless waiting around) over 45 minutes of waiting to spacebar Esseles or most of the other flashpoints, which are definitely longer.

The best way to tackle LI HM is to forgo the GF and head in manually. The reasons for this are plenty, and primary center around the LR-5 boss and the tactics required to defeat it.

1. There are so many fresh 50's that are poorly geared for this FP. It is a Tier 2 flashpoint and needs to have gear restrictions imposed on it. Lately there have been so many level 50's going into the Flashpoint with < 50 gear. This is unacceptable. I understand that someone in full Tionese gear MIGHT be able to beat the Flashpoint, but it will definitely be a challenge. It doesn't help when you have people with level 46 blues and greens.

2. Planning tactics and execution. GF does not take rDPS or mDPS into account when queuing for any FP, let alone LI. During the LR-5 fight, the range of the DPS determine the tactics that should be used to defeat the boss. Both DPS need to be the same type: Two Ranged DPS or two Melee. If you have one of each, the group will wipe because the tank will be forced to DPS and Tank to compensate for the out of place DPS. This makes a relatively easy fight more difficult.

3. There is an LI SM. Those who have not done this flashpoint should head there first, cause HM can eat you alive if you don't understand the fights. To find the SM FP, head to the Gav Daragon, and then to the Tion hangar and there will be a NPC and Portal to take you to either the HM, SM or NM of LI.

This flash point was " tough " at one point but it's been nerfed to make it easy for all. It's not terribly long either. The only bad thing is that people are stuck choosing whether or not to run LI for comms or just a normal HM which sucks. Many people have complained about this and it should be fixed to the way it orginally was where you get comms separate from Hm for LI.

Do it once a week with your guildmates to have half of the weekly done, then do normal tier 1 until reset, that is always what I am doing, unless I have 3-4 from guild that wanna do a FP with me I never do LI HM, PUGs are so horrible. Rather do KuS, BP, BoI or something that is more simple for pugs, even thought it takes more time then LI HM.

LI HM record me and three guildmates have is 16minutes (one power tech, one operative, one sentinel and me on my assassin), so trust me, if done correctly it is a really quick flashpoint, if not the quickest.

i tihink that's pretty much what's wrong with today MMO communities.

Wiping becomes unacceptable, failling to kill a boss, becomes unacceptable, it is, and i quote a "utter waste of time"

Do you have any idea how many times i have wiped on scholomance when it was tightly pack. On general drakkishah when it was genually a demanding encounter. And don't get me started on TBC heroics.

You are the reason why wow is now what it is, and wish for swtor to take the same path. What we need is not easier flashpoint but harder flash point, bring it on, level 3 flashpoint, nightmare flash point. Making mistake does actually have consequenses.

Ah... memories of TBC heroic instances... i loved those so much. You learn so much about how to play your class, and how to work with other classes from content like that. If you weren't learning, you were dying horrible, horrible deaths.The way it should be when dealing with content clearly labelled "Heroic", or "Hard Mode".

ok I take it back.

this is actually an easy FP, very easy.

had a run today and this time I've hand picked people on the fleet which I've checked they have the proper gear (tanks with shield, mara using str gear etc...).

not a single wipe, people didn't collected tons of debuffs, beautiful use of CC on medic rakghouls and such.

I think the game tutorial should explain about this being harder kind of FP for new players and make people do it story mode first before they use GF for hm.

truly painful experience, which was utterly the blame of human factor.

LI is a lot of fun. I especially like doing it with people who are not good at it, because by the time we leave (win or lose), we all became better players.

I know the droid fight like the back of my hand, but the group I was with tonight did not ...and we failed about 30x...yes I said 30. It was cool though. The only thing about the droid fight I would change would be the adds, as in once you kill them they do not respawn on the next attempt. Overall though this flashpoint is great, it forces you to become better.

To those who insist on doing hard content with hand-picked players, please keep doing it, because I don't want to group with you anyway.