Which tank?

MikeFL

Hello all,

I'd like to level an Empire tank. On the Republic side I have a Jedi Guardian, so I'm thinking either Powertech or Assassin for Empire. I have a level 24 Powertech from launch, its fun and having a healing companion early is very nice. But there is something to the Assassin playstyle that just seems cool.

Which one would you pick, and why? Also, story would help sway this decision! Which story did you prefer -- BH or Inq?

I know the basics of what distinguishes the tanks. I'm asking for preferences...which tank do you like better and why? Both tanks have good styles and their own strengths/weaknesses, but which is more *fun* to play in your opinion?

I loved my PT tank up until about 30 then it just felt sluggish, I'd pretty much stagnated at level 40 but respecced to AP last night and that seems like a bit more fun. I hated my Assassin tank up until about 35 then it felt much better, spiking again at 40 to be really awesome but by the time I hit 50 with it, the rotation was getting pretty dull, especially coming from a Guardian tank. The optimal rotation is seriously 5 buttons (Discharge, Shock, Wither, Basic, Force Lightning) with Dark Ward kept up.

Given you already have a Sorc, I'd stick with the PT unless you really want to play through that story again. If you want to make an Assassin, do a Shadow instead.