So what's the secret?

djvapid

I don't have any problems with the trickling method they're using to allow players into the game. Not a big deal. But why so hush hush as to their methodology? If a dev would be so kind as to at least give us some information to go on.

For example, you don't want to tell us certain specifics for one reason or another. But can you at least tell us where you're at as far as dates go?

I.E. We've allowed everyone in from date A through date B. The next wave will "roughly" have the following dates: etc.

Is that so terribly difficult? Which brings me to my question...what's the big secret? You have the information in front of you, you have a plan. Give us a vague estimate, at the very least.

I don't have any problems with the trickling method they're using to allow players into the game. Not a big deal. But why so hush hush as to their methodology? If a dev would be so kind as to at least give us some information to go on.

For example, you don't want to tell us certain specifics for one reason or another. But can you at least tell us where you're at as far as dates go?

I.E. We've allowed everyone in from date A through date B. The next wave will "roughly" have the following dates: etc.

Is that so terribly difficult? Which brings me to my question...what's the big secret? You have the information in front of you, you have a plan. Give us a vague estimate, at the very least.

Because once they say "Next wave is approx Jul 27-Aug 10" SOMEONE who pre-ordered and registered on Aug 10 will get left out because they were pre-order 5001 and what they REALLY meant was pre-orders 2501-5000. So they'll get all booty hurt and accuse BW of discrimination and hatred and lies etc. This way they have no marketing/PR to UNDO. Yes they may have an unruly crowd but no broken promises. Its easier to deal with that way, legally.

You'll be in between now and the 19th, just as you were told.

Be patient. Is that so terribly difficult? Apparently.

Don't be a smart*****, obviously I wasn't raging. Take your trolling elsewhere, thanks. Nice attempt though, but it only works on the kids.

Because once they say "Next wave is approx Jul 27-Aug 10" SOMEONE who pre-ordered and registered on Aug 10 will get left out because they were pre-order 5001 and what they REALLY meant was pre-orders 2501-5000. So they'll get all booty hurt and accuse BW of discrimination and hatred and lies etc. This way they have no marketing/PR to UNDO. Yes they may have an unruly crowd but no broken promises. Its easier to deal with that way, legally.

Absolutely agree, didn't really think about it. It was a shot in the dark, nonetheless. I /would/ be nice to know when to expect to get the email. I pre-ordered the first week but not the first day. Naturally, being a huge star wars fan, I'm chomping at the bit for my invite.

You'll be in between now and the 19th, just as you were told.

Be patient. Is that so terribly difficult? Apparently.

JustTed... you act like a heads up is an unreasonable thing to desire. I ordered a tv recently, and they told me the day it would be delivered. The day before I got a robo call that told me a time range of about 2 hours when the tv would likely be delivered.

Just because all the store I bought the tv from could have said, between a few days and 2 weeks from now is when the tv would be delivered, narrowing down the estimates is the SUPERIOR way to deal with people if you can.

Bioware can do this, quite easily, they choose not to, and that sucks. Period.

Okay, so Bioware recently had a great reason why they aren't giving out information on the -number- of players being invited. But it's information none of us are really asking...as the last guy posted, we're just looking for some sort of estimate time frame. Now, not being a gaem developer or in their shoes, I can hardly understand the whys and hows, but with nothing better to do right now, admittedly, I don't mind /talking/ about it. :D

Hello!

We understand that this is a time when people are anxious to get news about their Early Access. It's a complicated process and people would like to know more. Stephen Reid talks about this issue in the following thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=54825&posted=1#post54825

we're not interested in broadcasting those figures to the world. That kind of information is usually kept internal, and there are good reasons for that.

Here's another reason: even if I gave you exact numbers, it actually wouldn't help you understand when you'll get in. (Which is why the charts circulating showing 'pre-order numbers' aren't actually helpful. Those numbers are based in the most part on guesswork.)

Here's a third reason: it'll cause more problems than it solves, right now.

I'll have an update later on today's invites.

We ask that everyone continue the conversation there in the interest of keeping the forums a little better organized. We will be closing this post now. Thank you for your cooperation!