Which of the AC is better off for PVP?

Nickious

I'm trying decide between guardian and sentinel for PVP. I played a maruader in the past but its been so long since I played that I pretty much don't remember the play style and I could go either. I just want something that I would be able to perform fairly decently in PVP. Without using the lolsmash spec of course. ;)

The class balance is changed with most updates, so which is better now won't necessarily be in the future. Guardian gives the option to tank, otherwise its one sabre or two as the play style isn't drastically different if you go dps.

Both are great fun, try both if you have the time.

Sentinel is a lot less desirable in PVP now since Focus got nerfed recently. Combat has really high burst, but it's easily controlled by enemies. Guardian is definitely the better PVP class right now just because of Defence, which is still a top spec. Vigilance is a lot better now as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guardians are stupidly overpowered right now, especially in ranked but Bioware has stated they will be swinging the nerf bat at some point... nobody knows when so be warned in advance.

Yeah, guardians are hot right now. And lots of fun to play. So are sentinals. So just play what is cool, because they are both viable PVP classes for ranked. While sent may need a wee bit of a boost, they are still ridiculously powerful if played properly, vig spec guardian also does mean damage, and you can tank.

So just play what is cool. They are both very viable.

--Me