What’s New in Season Two

CourtneyWoods

Hey folks,

Quick update on the blog. We noticed a piece of information in the blog which was not correct and I wanted to clarify. Currently the blog says this:

This is not entirely correct. What is being added is a single daily and a single weekly quest for ranked play. Now, you can play either solo or group to complete the quest, but there is not a separate quest for each queue. This is something the team would like to add at some point in the future but it is not being implemented currently.

Sorry for any confusion, the blog has been updated to remove the confusing part about "both flavors."

-eric

Unfortunately, I feel that people will only try to fulfill that quest in solo queue. Group ranked will be in the same spot. Unfortunate news, but not the end of group ranked. You guys have to follow up with something for group ranked to "bolster" (hehe) that population.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for clarifying that. Out of interest, what is the reasoning behind delaying the addition of separate missions for solo and group ranked?

I'm guessing here, but they probably don't have a system in place to have progress towards quest completion occur only if you're in a party, or only if you're not in a party.

I'm guessing here, but they probably don't have a system in place to have progress towards quest completion occur only if you're in a party, or only if you're not in a party.

You can be in a party when you Q solo ranked. As solo and ranked queues are completely separate, this should not be an issue.

While I hate raw cross server queing (ruins server community in PVE at least.) I do think that competition should exist in a more tiered capacity, maybe having something of a SWTOR ranked tournament, where the top teams/players from each server participate in a ranked tournament that spans crossing servers, which would then get a 3rd que that allows them to que against players from other servers of similar skill.

BW should really do a guild ranked arena stream again.

While I hate raw cross server queing (ruins server community in PVE at least.) I do think that competition should exist in a more tiered capacity, maybe having something of a SWTOR ranked tournament, where the top teams/players from each server participate in a ranked tournament that spans crossing servers, which would then get a 3rd que that allows them to que against players from other servers of similar skill.

BW should really do a guild ranked arena stream again.

I never understand this statement. When I did PvE, I had absolutely no interaction with any other guild because I had plenty of people in guild to run everything with. Are you telling me that the amount of ninja looting would increase just because they're on a different server?

Unfortunately, I feel that people will only try to fulfill that quest in solo queue. Group ranked will be in the same spot. Unfortunate news, but not the end of group ranked. You guys have to follow up with something for group ranked to "bolster" (hehe) that population.

Anyone who does Solo ranked at the moment will go to group ranked though, because Solo ranked dies with 2.7.1, becoming reg arenas basically.

Shame, I know.

Whatever.

What?

People Que for PVP just to do the daily, despite being full PVE gear with maybe 1 or 2 pieces, quicker comms, some credits, done.

Then they don't PVP for the rest of the day.

What makes you think these ranked dailies will be any different?

Besides, it's not just gear. ATM, you Que for ranked if you're good, because there's no reason to do ranked if you suck. Now there's reason.

IE today in hypergate, I got 4x the heals of someone who's the same class, same spec, and better geared than me because I'm better than them, I even got double their dps. That's because I know my class, and I've got gear.

These ranked dailies will only entice those without this skill, and without this gear, to Que.

And sure, that means I get to win more, but where's the fun in that? I play ranked for fun, and Yolo que won't be fun when these dailies come.

Hey folks,

Quick update on the blog. We noticed a piece of information in the blog which was not correct and I wanted to clarify. Currently the blog says this:

This is not entirely correct. What is being added is a single daily and a single weekly quest for ranked play. Now, you can play either solo or group to complete the quest, but there is not a separate quest for each queue. This is something the team would like to add at some point in the future but it is not being implemented currently.

Sorry for any confusion, the blog has been updated to remove the confusing part about "both flavors."

-eric

I urge you to reconsider. Having a daily in soloranked will potentially ruin the fun for 3 players (the ones being stuck with X rookie that is gearing up. because with a quest that is further encouraged)

Keep it for team ranked, all is well and good there, but a quest has no place in solo ranked.

Edited by AdamLKvist

I urge you to reconsider. Having a daily in soloranked will potentially ruin the fun for 3 players (the ones being stuck with X rookie that is gearing up. because with a quest that is further encouraged)

Keep it for team ranked, all is well and good there, but a quest has no place in solo ranked.

I hope they don't reconsider... at least not as long as there is no cross server queue for ranked PvP. I prefer to play with badly geared players than getting no ranked at all to open up.

I hope they don't reconsider... at least not as long as there is no cross server queue for ranked PvP. I prefer to play with badly geared players than getting no ranked at all to open up.

We can't account for dead servers when talking PvP. Its up to you or Bioware to make sure to transfer, an entire PvP population should not suffer from people wanting to PvP on non PvP servers.

We can't account for dead servers when talking PvP. Its up to you or Bioware to make sure to transfer, an entire PvP population should not suffer from people wanting to PvP on non PvP servers.

The thing is I wouldn't describe my server as dead, it is the only left German PvP server and normal warzones open up without issues all day long, but the ranked PvP community is quite small, and I don't want to now how much more terrible it must be on the other German servers (and I would like to know how it is on the french servers)... and closing more servers and move the people to others seems to me even worse suffering than just adding cross server tech. Maybe they could make it optional, that everybody can choose just to queue for matches with and against people on his/her own server or not.

The thing is I wouldn't describe my server as dead, it is the only left German PvP server and normal warzones open up without issues all day long, but the ranked PvP community is quite small, and I don't want to now how much more terrible it must be on the other German servers (and I would like to know how it is on the french servers)... and closing more servers and move the people to others seems to me even worse suffering than just adding cross server tech. Maybe they could make it optional, that everybody can choose just to queue for matches with and against people on his/her own server or not.

Meh. You choose to PvP on a PvP server that is not the primary one for your region, its a dead game... So thats your choice. Having servers per language in 2014 alone is pathetic, in a dead game such as this one? Even more so

Meh. You choose to PvP on a PvP server that is not the primary one for your region, its a dead game... So thats your choice. Having servers per language in 2014 alone is pathetic, in a dead game such as this one? Even more so

I think not having cross server tech is as pathetic...

I think not having cross server tech is as pathetic...

I agree, trust me. But lets face it, this game is a casual fest and a moneygrind. It will do good in earning money but the flow of new players into the PvP scene (yet alone the ranked one) is non existant.

i would think that having servers per language is perfectly fine as not everyone speaks Spanish/Hungarian/Polish/German/French/Italian/Swiss/Catalan/basque.... while having splits for only German and French does seem a tad pointless its not "pathetic" Tera has the same splits and its more dead on some of the servers

i would think that having servers per language is perfectly fine as not everyone speaks Spanish/Hungarian/Polish/German/French/Italian/Swiss/Catalan/basque.... while having splits for only German and French does seem a tad pointless its not "pathetic" Tera has the same splits and its more dead on some of the servers

Its an ancient way of playing. Catering to the egos of the French and German nationality because they're used to getting everything translated. Ridicolous. In this game, because of population, its also resulting in a lower population than possible because we simply are not "allowed" to have one international server

Hey folks,

-eric

Wow...that's weak Eric. The word "creation" indicated NEW...this is very disappointing. How on earth is it your team can't come up with anything more than 1 freaking mission type for PvP Eric? In MMOs, incentive is everything!

Even though I know Casualware will continue to cater to the casuals like they've done time and time again, I'm pretty dissapeared this time. Group ranked had a chance of coming back, but have no fear, you can solo Q for them! Solo Q ranked it's literally just regs but rewards you with ranked coms. It's not actual ranked PvP. There's very little teamwork involved. That's just my two cents, I mean I dunno. Why Q for group when you can solo q your way to stardom on the leaderboards. Regstar too strong. :(

Wow...that's weak Eric. The word "creation" indicated NEW...this is very disappointing. How on earth is it your team can't come up with anything more than 1 freaking mission type for PvP Eric? In MMOs, incentive is everything!

I think you're stretching a bit on this one. Rereading it, there seems to be no intent to mislead players. I had assumed when I read it the first time that it'd be just like the regular warzone quest rewards.

Something more in the greater scheme to consider is, did it take them this long to do incentives, or was it just not high on their priority list till just recently? Compared to the speed with which this is being added, the Ilum changes near launch occurred at light speed. However, it seems very unlikely that the coming up with the idea for the quest and making the change would take them this much time. If they've just recently switched their attention to PvP, it might be a good sign of things to come and greater responsiveness to the PvP community.

Overall they've only delivered 3 major community requests for PvP(regardless of whether you liked or dislike them, there was widespread support for these features).

Arenas

Ranked

New Hutt Ball

It'd be possible to create a very long list of things they haven't done, but that is possible for anything, as the things any person hasn't done is infinitely longer than the things they have(so I use things accomplished as a means to measure and compare).

You might recall it took forever for season 1 ranked to get off the ground, with an extremely long pre-season. Here we're having a very short pre-season, and actual attention devoted to incentives to PvP. Its quite possible they'll pay much more attention to feedback regarding incentives than they have in the past.

I think you're stretching a bit on this one. Rereading it, there seems to be no intent to mislead players. I had assumed when I read it the first time that it'd be just like the regular warzone quest rewards.

What in my comment is a "stretch"? I didn't mean to imply they mislead players intentionally (but clearly the comments did). It's just extremely disappointing to me - and others (read the replies).

Simply adding ONE new quest exclusively to promote Ranked play, would have been GREAT incentive...just one...even a crappy duplicate of the other WZ quests...just ONE thing that pushes Ranked...but they didn't...they seem incapable of thinking beyond what we have.

Edited by TUXs

What in my comment is a "stretch"? I didn't mean to imply they mislead players intentionally (but clearly the comments did). It's just extremely disappointing to me - and others (read the replies).

Simply adding ONE new quest exclusively to promote Ranked play, would have been GREAT incentive...just one...even a crappy duplicate of the other WZ quests...just ONE thing that pushes Ranked...but they didn't...they seem incapable of thinking beyond what we have.

Maybe I missed something. Aren't the quests a duplicate of the warzone daily and weekly, except solely for ranked queues? I thought the issue regarding the quests was that they didn't distinguish between solo and group ranked?

Maybe I missed something. Aren't the quests a duplicate of the warzone daily and weekly, except solely for ranked queues? I thought the issue regarding the quests was that they didn't distinguish between solo and group ranked?

This is correct. You can enter either queue to complete the quest.

Yes, obviously there should be separate quests for both solo and group.

As far people complaining that solo ranked will be filled with bads now: lower average skill level in ranked may not jive with us philosophically, but at this point we have to worry more about population and ensuring that the few remaining good players actually get consistent pops. The better solo ranked players will be able to carry even harder now. And sure, any particular rating- such as 2000- won't be as impressive anymore, but it's not like BW was gonna make the tier 1 cutoff hard to get anyway. And there's still the top 3 per AC thing to go for (which hopefully they make top 1-2 per server instead, since it makes no sense to do it game-wide if there's no cross server).