Remove the Bubble

Sathid

With upcoming adjustments to the Op/scoundrel class i can see no reason why Sorcs need a bubble or for that matter one on anything less than a two minute cooldown.

I mean why should a cloth class get one the most tankiest buffs out there with a multitude of stunns,roots?

It just doesnt make sense,it fails in the cost reward structure of this game,either pair down the stuns,roots or remove the Bubble.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With upcoming adjustments to the Op/scoundrel class i can see no reason why Sorcs need a bubble or for that matter one on anything less than a two minute cooldown.

I mean why should a cloth class get one the most tankiest buffs out there with a multitude of stunns,roots?

It just doesnt make sense,it fails in the cost reward structure of this game,either pair down the stuns,roots or remove the Bubble.

Roll a sorceror. Level it to a decently high level. PvP with one. Provide some evidence of your play.

OR

Provide a video stream of your play because a scoundrel that can't kill a Sorceror...smells

Then come back and make this post again should you wish to.

Roll a sorceror. Level it to a decently high level. PvP with one. Provide some evidence of your play.

OR

Provide a video stream of your play because a scoundrel that can't kill a Sorceror...smells

Then come back and make this post again should you wish to.

I play against Sorcs daily sometimes even six or more to a WZ and i have started leveling one to view the tree in game.

Are you a sorc? and do you think the bubble is that important if so why?

Sorc has crappy range, does okay in Huttball geography, but anywhere else, you take that bubble, and the sorc is going to die to everything 1 on 1.

But i thought the game was not based on one on one? is that not what you said about my class?

But i thought the game was not based on one on one? is that not what you said about my class?

I don't think I've ever used that phrase on this forum until now, actually. I didn't mean to say it as though it should be based on 1 on 1, either. What I mean is, Sorc won't be able to beat any class at all, it won't be rock paper scissors, it will just be dead sorc. The only thing it would be good for is cc, if it had a pocket healer watching it constantly. And even then, why not bring a commando? They've got a knockback, too, they're much easier to keep alive, and they do more damage.

Coming from a pvp healer sage, I'm not really sure why they got nurfed. I can survive their burst with around 50% hp, and of course pvp shouldn't ever be balanced on a 1 on 1 situation, you need to have guys knockback or respond after you survive the initial wave of damage. Ops/scounds take hella damage in pvp. Infact they and sents/mauraders take the most damage and are borderline unhealable with 2 guys attacking them. Sorry ops, but you got the wrong end of the stick.

Coming from a pvp healer sage, I'm not really sure why they got nurfed. I can survive their burst with around 50% hp, and of course pvp shouldn't ever be balanced on a 1 on 1 situation, you need to have guys knockback or respond after you survive the initial wave of damage. Ops/scounds take hella damage in pvp. Infact they and sents/mauraders take the most damage and are borderline unhealable with 2 guys attacking them. Sorry ops, but you got the wrong end of the stick.

Yah we did,i find that knockback with the bubble hilariuos by the way lol.

How come I never see anyone complain about disc priest shields, but people are being wacky about this one bubble?

Well from what i have seen ( I dont play a sorc) that even with my opener/burst whatever you want to call it,this bubble negates almost all of it,then im just kinda like "Uhm okay,better start mashing and then comes the stun,slow,root, etc.

But here's the real kicker you enter a WZ say voidstar,you stealth on down there and "WHAT" everyone has bubbles,,,lol no kidding it's like a Don Ho tiny bubbles party.

Edited by Sathid

The bubble is useless in PVP, any half decent player with semi decent gear gets my bubble down in no time.. we are rather squishy and all we get is children crying nerf em !

Get over it and learn to play your char, if you cant beat a sorc in 1 on 1 more times than not then your the bad player or your gear is total rubbish or more than likely both.

Sorry but its as simple as that.

My level 50 sorc gets toasted all the time by mercs.. so I guess all us sorc's should start crying about mercs next..

These forums are just like the STO forum with the moaning little kiddies that for some reason I will never understand the devs actually listen to..

And you all cry and cry about the stuns and slows we use ? well the stuns only work if your taking no damage except for one that lasts a couple of seconds only.. and the slow ? so freaking what, your slowed down.. we have to STAND STILL to cast most of our stuff..

Again, learn to play your own toon instead of blaming others for your suckness :)

Edited by Darkness_au

The bubble is useless in PVP, any half decent player with semi decent gear gets my bubble down in no time.. we are rather squishy and all we get is children crying nerf em !

Get over it and learn to play your char, if you cant beat a sorc in 1 on 1 more times than not then your the bad player or your gear is total rubbish or more than likely both.

My level 50 sorc gets toasted all the time by mercs.. so I guess all us sorc's should start crying about mercs next..

These forums are just like the STO forum with the moaning little kiddies that for some reason I will never understand the devs actually listen to..

Get over it learn to play your character?

But i do know how to play my character,i encounter sorcs every day with no less than three to a match i have even had all sorcs against me in Voidstar,yah that was fun,not.

Edited by Sathid

Useless? lol it can absorb ~2500 dmg. If its so useless then i guess you wont care if it gets nerfed then?

Useless? lol it can absorb ~2500 dmg. If its so useless then i guess you wont care if it gets nerfed then?

I'm in the 1-49 bracket and I get crit for over 3k pretty consistently by one attack. So I don't see how a bubble that you can only apply once every 20 seconds, and doesn't even absorb a full crit from one attack is overpowered? I wouldn't call it under powered either, seems about right to me.

Seriously, so its takes some damage to get the shield down, then we are squishy as can be and get toasted easy..

And yes, learn to play your toon, as a lvl 50 sorc I know what works against me and what doesnt.. and most of the ones that dont are poor players.. you try and run, your dead.. Come right at me and im usually dead.

When I play my other chars and go up against a sorc I win some and lose some. if they their toon well I usually die, if they dont, they do.. I dont go ************ about others being a better player than I.

I'm in the 1-49 bracket and I get crit for over 3k pretty consistently by one attack. So I don't see how a bubble that you can only apply once every 20 seconds, and doesn't even absorb a full crit from one attack is overpowered? I wouldn't call it under powered either, seems about right to me.

Only every 20 seconds,thats kinda my point there in a nutshell,ive hit so many sorcs its crazy and the other damage does not bleed over onto the sorc like it should from what i have seen.

um sorc attacks bypass everyones armor...plus they get a nice bubble of invulnerability, plus a stun that damages, plus other stuns....

its amazing how overpowered they are. you talk like armor has a huge factor. yes light armor is worse then heavy, but not by much.

i get chewed alive by sorcerors cause they bypass all my mitigation. how fair is that? meanwhile thier mitigation holds up and they get invulnerability and invis and fast run...its like ***?

Seriously, so its takes some damage to get the shield down, then we are squishy as can be and get toasted easy..

And yes, learn to play your toon, as a lvl 50 sorc I know what works against me and what doesnt.. and most of the ones that dont are poor players.. you try and run, your dead.. Come right at me and im usually dead.

When I play my other chars and go up against a sorc I win some and lose some. if they their toon well I usually die, if they dont, they do.. I dont go ************ about others being a better player than I.

I have never ran from a sorc,and again i do know how to play my toon and you claiming i do not are just being rude and naive and offering nothing to this conversation,,,the door is that way---->

Only every 20 seconds,thats kinda my point there in a nutshell,ive hit so many sorcs its crazy and the other damage does not bleed over onto the sorc like it should from what i have seen.

20 seconds in PvP is an eternity. And, I have no idea what you mean by damage bleeding over?

Edited by Raijinvince

um sorc attacks bypass everyones armor...plus they get a nice bubble of invulnerability, plus a stun that damages, plus other stuns....

its amazing how overpowered they are. you talk like armor has a huge factor. yes light armor is worse then heavy, but not by much.

i get chewed alive by sorcerors cause they bypass all my mitigation. how fair is that? meanwhile thier mitigation holds up and they get invulnerability and invis and fast run...its like ***?

Jesus. Sorc attacks do not bypass armor. How long will it take for people to stop propagating this falacy. Sorc damage is Energy. Energy does NOT go through armor. Read the tooltip.

And invis? Are you serious? PLEASE know what you're talking about before spewing your rage over the forums.

Edited by Raijinvince

I don't think I've ever used that phrase on this forum until now, actually. I didn't mean to say it as though it should be based on 1 on 1, either. What I mean is, Sorc won't be able to beat any class at all, it won't be rock paper scissors, it will just be dead sorc. The only thing it would be good for is cc, if it had a pocket healer watching it constantly. And even then, why not bring a commando? They've got a knockback, too, they're much easier to keep alive, and they do more damage.

hmm sorc have slow, knockback, bubble, dps, heals, stun, am I missing anything?

Sorc have every freaking ability in the game. its ridiculous and cannot be defended. its bad design, thats why there are so damn many sorcs.

I have never ran from a sorc,and again i do know how to play my toon and you claiming i do not are just being rude and naive and offering nothing to this conversation,,,the door is that way---->

Sorry, but if I go up against a good player im usually toast, if you cant... well do the math.

And, your bringing such a wealth of good points to this topic I'll bow to your greater wisdom. pfft.

Jesus. Sorc attacks do not bypass armor. How long will it take for people to stop propagating this falacy. Sorc damage is Energy. Energy does NOT go through armor. Read the tooltip.

I know right, I was reading that post thinking *** is this dude on... I wish we did that ! :)

LOL this is what happens when you try and argue a points with uninformed moaners..

hmm sorc have slow, knockback, bubble, dps, heals, stun, am I missing anything?

Sorc have every freaking ability in the game. its ridiculous and cannot be defended. its bad design, thats why there are so damn many sorcs.

Did you play WoW? Just because they have heals doesn't mean every spec can heal well. Just because they have dps abilities doesn't mean that every spec can dps well. It's like asking that ret palading to heal your raid.

Without being heal spec, sorcs only get TWO heals. And the only one that heals for any sort of significant amount (which still isn't much) takes 2.5 seconds to cast. If you let a sorc get a 2.5 second heal off, then you're just not playing them correctly. That's all there is to it. Likewise, full heal spec does terrible damage. I'm full heal spec and can't even kill anyone 1v1. I have to spend all my time healing myself, unless they're absolutely terrible.