PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When SC first were around we "ghost q" all the time...they put the quitter buff on because of so many people going AFK/leaving SC. Same type of idea.

I forget how much exp you got back then (pretty sure it was still very little).

But now and for a long time (2.5+ years) you get next to nothing for an SC that shuts straight down.

You can't do this in WAR.

The real gain are battlebags these exploiters are raking in. They need to have their characters rolled back to lose everything or ban. Ban will not happen prob but at least the characters rolled back.

lots of people are reportedly exploiting warzones this way. all future paying customers. It is sad but I don't expect any consequences because all this will soon be forgotten when people can play the game themselves, the exploiters however might be angry for a long time.

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

Simple fix let some players in already! It's a side effect of a tiny population.

You get very little exp or renown in WAR for a shut down sc.

As little as >1000 exp or >100 renown, with a bit of AAO that's 4-5 SC instead of 1 ORvR solo kill.

Emblems you maybe could farm a bit like this (although you'd get no medallions), but in all honesty you'd likely get more Emblems with a pre-made just by fighting.

I was the fist chosen to lvl 40 on Red Eye Mountain....I would que up....join SC....then they would shut it down cause everyone quit! 2 Minutes later 3k XP....this was the standard for about 2 days until they put in reduced XP and quiter buff.

Toon Name: Horus

Did I mention the renown bonus?

That's why they will probably do entire server character wipes or rollbacks. Derp.

They could leave any characters under level 10 alone since they could not possibly have exploited this issue. Which would be glorious retribution for those that did it knowingly ... in their rush to power level they end up being out-leveled by the RPers taking their sweet time :)

If it happens once it's a mistake.

If someone or group of people are repeating it, it's an exploit, they know there is a problem and are using it to make an unfair advantage.

Roll back is the way to go for these people, or barr the accounts until game launch on the 20th.

If people were openly telling others about it in general chat, then thats bannable.

Kick em out we have lots of people waiting to join.

For small groups it was more effecient than ORvR because you could control it. ORvR amounted to Zerging and eventually just Keep Trading.

>100 RR after 2 mins + queue time for a SC shut down vs 4000+ RR for a solo ORvR kill, or at least 2000 RR for a SC where you won well (which would have taken less than 5 mins if you completely dominated)?

I've no idea what you're talking about.

In terms of PvP this exploit is gamebreaking !

Wipe chars who did that.

Lockdown warzones till fix.

I completely agree with you. These people need to lose all of their battlebags and ill gotten gains by the time new waves come in. They will be camping twinks that cannot use the exploit as they have, not that we would use it.

Your idea is so simple and straightforward its almost too much common sense for anyone buy into it. Seriously, this is what needs to be done. After fixing the exploit all the accounts that used it need to be rolled back so they lose their ill gotten battle bags.

No, the mandatory 30-minute WF idea won't work. Basically forcing people to sit there for 30 minutes and do literally nothing will only make them /ragequit out of frustration of having nothing to do. The WF will end up being a ghost town.

The only thing that works is going off the same rules that other MMOs have done. They know what works and what doesn't. Rewarding people for absolutely nothing DOES NOT WORK, ie: not enough people ---> WF ends ---> full exp.

Rewards only for completing WF objectives, killing other players, and winning or flat out losing the match is the only way to make WF rewards fair.

If people leave a match early, the match shouldn't just shut down for lack of players. It sucks for the team who is short on people, but on the other hand, the queue system should allow for someone else to take that spot in the WF...again, like all other MMOs do.

Sometimes there's absolutely nothing wrong with copying what's already been done because it's been proven to work right.

They could leave any characters under level 10 alone since they could not possibly have exploited this issue. Which would be glorious retribution for those that did it knowingly ... in their rush to power level they end up being out-leveled by the RPers taking their sweet time :)

What about the people that didn't PvP and are over level 10? The game has been online for 12hrs thats enough to get to 20 simply by questing for someone who skips dialog.

They will not comb through all the data to single out players!

To many can still cancel account/preorder so they will not due to $$$.

I was the fist chosen to lvl 40 on Red Eye Mountain....I would que up....join SC....then they would shut it down cause everyone quit! 2 Minutes later 3k XP....this was the standard for about 2 days until they put in reduced XP and quiter buff.

Toon Name: Horus

Did I mention the renown bonus?

So they changed it ASAP then?

Makes sense.

But it makes even less sense if they did that in WAR, had the system they've now had for 3 years and still let this go Live.

>100 RR after 2 mins + queue time for a SC shut down vs 4000+ RR for a solo ORvR kill, or at least 2000 RR for a SC where you won well (which would have taken less than 5 mins if you completely dominated)?

I've no idea what you're talking about.

Those were not the numbers for RR gained for a single ORvR kill at launch. You can't compare WAR as it is now and compare it to Swtor Pre-launch.