Aratech Nethian Achievement still not fixed?

ChrisMattar

• 1 month later...

We all wonder whether this or that small or big feature that annoys us will ever be fixed and if it's even planned.

Especially when its been a few months past.

I have quite a list, but the two that come to mind for me are quite small issues, but theyve been lingering for months:

-Star Forager Belt [Totally broken and floating]

-Aratech Nethian [Added to collection, but not in achievements]

Not sure what other little things have been lingering forever without any idea if a fix will happen.

Edited by ChrisMattar

Here is what has worked well for me on bugs on equipment:

1) /bug_report it.

2) wait patiently

3) check periodically on the GTN to see if bug = fixed.

4) when bug = fixed use said previously bugged gear.

It's an MMO. ALL BUGs go into a bug queue and are addressed based on number of reports, nature of bug, and severity of bug.

Edited by Andryah

Can't speak to the belt, but the Aratech Nethian shows up in my characters' achievements. It's not its own complete achievement, it is only 1 of 8 Aratech mounts that must be collected before the Aratech Collector achievement is completed. If one is bound to a character so that it's available in your account's Collections, there should be a green check mark next to it under the Aratech Collector achievement. If not, then you should definitely submit a bug report.

1) /bug_report it.

2) wait patiently

3) check periodically on the GTN to see if bug = fixed.

4) when bug = fixed use said previously bugged gear.

Characters who wear some of the sith style hooded robes (saber marshal, etc) have their head clip through the hood when they have their weapon unsheathed or when riding a speeder.

This bug has popped up with game update 1.2 going live.

1) /bug_report it. Done, several times.

2) wait patiently Done, was waiting for 1.5 years.

3) check periodically on the GTN to see if bug = fixed. Done, was checking every now and then for the whole time period mentioned above.

4) when bug = fixed use said previously bugged gear. Still can't use since bug = not fixed.

Another pretty annoying bug is Discharge for Darkness Assassins having a broken visual effect for more than a year. Same story as with the bug above.

What else... not really a bug, but still. Dark Ward visual effect. Bioware agreed that it's way too pinkish and told us they will tune the color. Several months have passed since they said that, still nothing.

Yes that is actually the thing, those bugs have been reported by myself and a few others who have encountered them a good 5 months ago and multiple times. It is interesting that not all people have those issues, and in a way thats the part that is worrying, since it's the majority deciding what gets fixed.

Aratech bug: http://imgur.com/5q2eDoQ

Belt Bug: a container stuck at your back and floating and bouncing behind u: http://imgur.com/sMd1WCC

The Aratech bug is obviously a big deal since you cannot get the Gear Head Achievement because of it.

Edited by ChrisMattar

• 2 weeks later...
Characters who wear some of the sith style hooded robes (saber marshal, etc) have their head clip through the hood when they have their weapon unsheathed or when riding a speeder.

This bug has popped up with game update 1.2 going live.

Interesting...so before 1.2 they didn't clip? I only fairly recently started using those kinds of robes, but I get the same thing with Traditional Nylite Vestments and the Diabolist robes, which seem to have the same hood mesh as Saber Marshal.

But if they previously didn't have a clipping problem, that's kind of encouraging...seems like it might be an easier fix than if they had always clipped.

Interesting...so before 1.2 they didn't clip? I only fairly recently started using those kinds of robes, but I get the same thing with Traditional Nylite Vestments and the Diabolist robes, which seem to have the same hood mesh as Saber Marshal.

But if they previously didn't have a clipping problem, that's kind of encouraging...seems like it might be an easier fix than if they had always clipped.

I can tell you more, they already have a fix for this on their hands for a very long time. They just cba to implement it.

Here is my evidence:

Back when 1.2 was released, it was not just saber marshal type robes that have become broken. Same goes for elder battlemind type robes, which were having exactly the same hood clipping issue. But at the very moment when Revan's robes hit the Cartel Market, the clipping issue for the elder battlemind type (since this is the type of Revan's robes) has been immediately fixed. But not for the saber marshal type though, which remains unfixed till this day.

2) wait patiently Done, was waiting for 1.5 years.

Yeah. For example, the Black Talon / Essels flashpoint hyperspace crash bug has been around just about this long. For a widely reported bug that causes the game to insta-crash in the midst of group play to endure for such a length of time suggests that they don't actually have the ability to fix it.

Edited by Laiov

• 3 weeks later...

This was my customer service experience: I want the Gearhead title so I looked at what speeders I need. I see Aratech Nethian is not checked off the legacy list so I double check my inventory and there it is. I submit a ticket under Customer Service "Items" and I get the generic "This is not a game issue - it's a bug. Please submit a bug report". Ticket closed.

Hmm - so you don't walk the complaint to the next cubicle? OK, I will do as you ask.

I submit the bug report. I get the generic "Thanks for submitting your bug report. We will look at it. We don't reply to bug report submissions." Ticket closed.

Hmm - do I feel "customer serviced"? No. I've done what you've asked - my problem isn't fixed. My experience in other MMOs has ranged. But the better ones have Devs that can "hack" (I think would be the right word) into your character and issue you the update / item / title, etc. I'm guessing SWTOR doesn't have this feature.

So I submit a ticket under "General" explaining the above unfulfilled feelings I have. Could a real life person reply to placate me a little? I get a reply that says "please share your problem on the forums. Devs probably won't reply". Ticket closed.

I guess this post is my last outlet to get the problem fixed. As a previous poster alluded - hopefully this post will give the Aratech Nethian's "repulsorlifts" a little more squeak in hopes of some oil from the Devs.

Thank you.

It's a Cartel Market speeder and BW promised that Cartel Market items would not be related to Achievement Points.

So they probably made it so that it didn't count towards the AP (keeping their promise) but forgot to remove it from the Meta achievement - thus creating a bug.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a Cartel Market speeder and BW promised that Cartel Market items would not be related to Achievement Points.

So they probably made it so that it didn't count towards the AP (keeping their promise) but forgot to remove it from the Meta achievement - thus creating a bug.

I did a very quick check - the Longspur Sportster, STAP Royal and Pacer are also Cartel speeders. They are on the list for Longspur Collector Legacy achievement and are working no problem. I liked your thought, but it must be a specific bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Patch 2.5b has a bunch of Achievements that were fixed. Could you possibly include the Aratech Nethian Bug (where it doesn't show in the Legacy Achievements even though you have it) the next time you are rooting around in the Achievement coding?

I am still trudging along in hopes of getting the "GEARHEAD" title and I won't be able to get it if this bug is not fixed.

Thank you so much for investigating it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm - still no fix and no mention of it. I did find this entry in the "Known Issues"....

•The Achievement "Ilum Beastmaster" is not able to be completed due being unable to obtain the Bogwing Codex entry.

Would it be too much to have a similar entry like...

*The title "Gearhead" is not able to be completed due to being unable to have the Aratech Nethian Achievement register in your Achievement List.

Or - possibly just fix it? Please?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys not sure if you got a response from the devs on this or not.

I had the same problem, frustrating as hell as I had the Nethian too, it was in my Collections, available vehicles, I could ride it etc etc. BUT the Aratech Collector Achievement was STILL showing as 0/1 for the Aratech Collector. AND I had all the other Aratech's so this was annoying.

I raised a ticket - wasnt confident of a response that would result in any action (i.e Wait for fix in release 12.9 or something).

SO I went to another toon in my legacy who DIDN'T have the Nethian. Opened up Collections, paid the 60 cartel coins to get it transferred into that toon's inventory, and BAM it registered in the Achievement and now I have the Aratch Collector achievement!

It will cost you 60 cartel coins, (so yeah I'm basically paying to workaround this bug).

Alternative is to buy a Nethian off the GTN and open it up on a toon that doesnt already have one. I'm sure that would work too but Nethian's are 750K+ on the Harbinger so I figured 60CC was cheaper.

Hope that works for ya.

• 5 months later...
I raised a ticket - wasnt confident of a response that would result in any action (i.e Wait for fix in release 12.9 or something).

SO I went to another toon in my legacy who DIDN'T have the Nethian. Opened up Collections, paid the 60 cartel coins to get it transferred into that toon's inventory, and BAM it registered in the Achievement and now I have the Aratch Collector achievement!

It will cost you 60 cartel coins, (so yeah I'm basically paying to workaround this bug).

Alternative is to buy a Nethian off the GTN and open it up on a toon that doesnt already have one. I'm sure that would work too but Nethian's are 750K+ on the Harbinger so I figured 60CC was cheaper.

Hope that works for ya.

I also recently got a similar response. Last month I tried purchasing a 2nd Nethian off the GTN for credits and binding it on a character that didn't have it yet. This did not give me the achievement. However unlocking it for 60CC did work. So I recommend keeping your credits and spending CC in this case.

*EDIT* I've discovered a couple other speeders that can only be unlocked with this method. Suddenly I feel like I'm hemorrhaging cartel coins and maybe that's no accident.

Edited by Trigon