Centurion/Battlemaster commendations

Hydranova

It would be nice if we had a Dev Sticky, with a detailed explanation on how all of the PvP currencies worked.

I still can't figure it out either.

Even if you get centurion comms in champion bags and battlemaster comms in centurion bags, where does one get merc comms (besides trade)? Where does one get champion comms?

1. Farm 200 Warzone Commendations.
  2. Farm 200 Mercenary Commendations OR farm 600 more Warzone commendations and buy 200 Mercenary Commendations.
  3. Buy a box which contains 2-6 Centurion Commendations.
  4. Repeat up to 500 times, depending on your luck.
  5. Repeat again for Battlemaster gear.

I can't comment on the centurion and all that, but I know warzone commendations come from warzones(obviously), and mercenary comms come from world pvp or just open world pvp if you're on a pve server, as in Ilum, or the PvP area on Tatooine.

Ive not got any comms from open pvp on a pvp server... not yet anyway.

2. Farm 200 Mercenary Commendations OR farm 600 more Warzone commendations and buy 200 Mercenary Commendations.

Yuck what an awfull grind. Lame.

This is insane. I thought this game should be accessable and casual not grindcore.

As of right now, aside from the vendor conversion the only* place that mercenary commendations enter the world is through the security chests that spawn in the Outlaw's Den pvp area on Tatooine.

The chests contain a few thousand credits and 20 mercenary commendations. There are several possible spawn locations for these chests in the area, but the spawn rate is incredible* low. In several hours of circling the area for chests only four spawned for me.

As things stand now with the lack of mercenary commendations and RNG playing such a huge factor in rewards, the grind is ludicrously immense.

• 2 weeks later...
This is insane. I thought this game should be accessable and casual not grindcore.

you get 1000 warzones pretty fast.. anyway what would you say if everyone had the top pvp equipment withint few months? o_O THAT would be lame. It should require some time... And why do you call pvp'ing "grinding" if you do like to PvP??! You play pvp because it is fun! The comms are just rewards for having fun... I guess you didn't understand the word "game".. rewards are rewards, not "gifts"!!

Btw you get small rewards all the way just how people like it.. it's all perfectly fine..

Edited by HottesIce

This is part of it. You also get champ/battlemaster bags by doing ilum and warzone daily and weekly quests. It really isn't a terrible grind. Out of 10 bags (2 weekly quests and 2 dailies) I have 4 champion force-mystic pieces. Took all of 1 day of playing the game to get them.

I have around 800 merc comms now that I can turn in with 800 warzone comms and more than likely get another champ piece. I also have around 40 centurion comms that are almost enough to purchase a centurion piece to fill in gaps due to the random champ tokens found in champ bags.

Ruan here decided to make you all think it's a terrible grind. Well, of course it's a grind. You're playing an MMO. It's actually really very easy. Too easy I'd say.

So...

Champion (PvP Tier 2) bags can be:

---> purchased using 200 Warzone 200 Merc commendations.

---> earned by completing Ilum daily/weekly quests (found by pvp vendors at fleet)

---> earned by completing Warzone daily/weekly quests (found by pvp vendors at fleet)

Merc commendations can be:

---> acquired through conversion from warzone commendations at a ratio of 3:1 warzone:merc

---> acquired on tannaris from chests or something like that. I didn't do this myself as converting was efficient enough. Search for a better post for more info on that.

Champion gear bags contain Centurion (PvP Tier 1) commendations. Champion gear bags have a chance (I've heard around 1 in 4) to contain a token for a Champion set piece. These tokens are direct 1:1 payment for that piece and are redeemable from the pvp vendors at fleet. These tokens are random. So you can get the same token multiple times and basically have to give that loot to a companion.

Once you have Valor rank 60 you can start opening Battlemaster bags (PvP Tier 3) instead of the Champ bags. These bags have Champion comms in them and a chance to contain a Battlemaster token. I think you get the idea.

Basically, do your Ilum/Warzone dailies and weeklies and convert your warzone comms into merc comms until you have 200/200 in order to get your champ bags. Before you know it you will have most of a champ set. By the time you hit 60 valor you will have to be pretty unlucky to not have a full champ set with a companion decked out in your duplicates.

Hope that helps.

Edited by LaughingMountain