Change to Cartel Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings with Legacy Weapons

Estelindis

This would probably be fine if crystals you reclaim that are not unlocked on your account were "bound" and crystals you reclaim that ARE unlocked on your account are "bound to legacy". Then you would be motivated to do the unlock, and not griefed for using cartel products.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few people have said that. I've seen in threads where they said it wasn't something they were going to ban people for, but do you have any links to where they said it was working as intended?

Go read this thread. It's linked TWICE in this thread and points back to the conversation that Eric Musco himself confirmed it was NOT and EXPLOIT. Plain and simple.

Use Collections as it is intended, and no alt across your account (not just legacy) is penalized by this change.

Wrong.

I have all mine unlocked in collections... still have to pull crystals and tunings out before sending... regardless of them being completely unlocked.

I just paid to get some additional crystals and tunings unlocked in collections a couple weeks ago (lightning tuning and white crystal) and now, they are useless in legacy weapons.

A few people have said that. I've seen in threads where they said it wasn't something they were going to ban people for, but do you have any links to where they said it was working as intended?

Sure, here's the link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6346255&postcount=381 And here is a quote of the dev post:

Correct, using a Legacy Weapon to move a Color Crystal which you pulled down from your Collections UI is not an exploit. This is the case because there is no way to manipulate the system to allow for a large amount of credit gain as there was prior to 2.1.0b.

Edited by Estelindis

anyone saying its a "loophole" or exploit

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6346255&postcount=381

what are you saying now? i call this blatant cash grab.

I call it a loophole in the Collections system, which is exactly what it is. That quote is all about "Will I have punitive action taken against my account if I do this?" and BW's answer being "No, since you can't use it to make infinite credits."

Now.. if Tunings were not collectable now in Collections... this would be not a small hoop.. but a rather large hoop to jump through. Happily, for a lot of reasons, Tunings from the CM are now in Collections.

And you have to pay credits every time if you want to share that weapon by paying the cost to remove it... send it and then pull another one out of collections to use on a different toon.

It is ridicules... especially if you have spent real world money on cartel coins to unlock those items.

Dear Developers,

The recent change to legacy weapons with regards to cartel crystals and tuning is unacceptable. The change has left me annoyed and angry. For both of these item types money has already been given to you in the form of pack buying. The idea of legacy weapons is to allow the transfer of weapons between multiple characters that can use the same type of weapon quickly with other legacy gear. The change now requires someone to first remove the crystal and tunings at a cost prior to legacy transferring it, even if someone has unlocked the tuning on both characters or from the cartel market on account. It would be better to just destroy them without first removing them, but that appears to be impossible.

I have had a great deal of satisfaction being able to use my ranked weapons with tunings and crystals and being able to transfer them between my 5 mercs and 4 powertechs. As a result of the change, I will probably skip the purchase of weapon tunings and crystals as the inconvenience that it generates and remove them from my weapons.

Sincerely,

Unhappy Customer

Edit: BioWare, can you refund my account wide unlocks for crystals with this change? Fair is fair after all.

My thoughts exactly, I did not pay to unlock those items so they would become worthless.

I want my collections unlock amount refunded.

IF, as you claimed, you unlocked the crystals you like in Collections, then the only impact is if you insist on pulling a crystal before transferring the weapon. In point of fact, the smart way to address this is to have some low level crafted crystals in cargo that you simply plop one in to over-write the cartel crystal (which essentially costs you little or nothing to do) and that avoids pulling costs completely. Since your crystals are unlocked in Collections, you simply pull a new copy and plop it in on the receiving end.

IF, you find the need to overwrite or remove crystals for moving Legacy weapons around too big a burden, then go with a non CM crystal of your choosing for legacy weapons. Unlocked crystals are still viable for everything else in the way of weapons and off-hands on your account. If you only use Legacy weapons and constantly move weapons around and refuse to take steps to streamline the process, that is your choice.

There ARE ways for us as players to mitigate the impacts of this change that make it fairly trivial to deal with unless you simply refuse to adapt to the change.

Note: I'm not defending how they chose to close the loophole, simply presenting reasoned response as to how to adapt to a change that is live now, and unlikely to be clawed back by the studio.

In my view, based on past history with the studio.. if players keep raging about this change, the studio may just decide to nerf Legacy weapons and be done with it. They have a history of doing nuclear nerfs to things that players refuse to accept and adapt to. So be careful what you wish for. I suggest a more reasoned approach by players and adapt to the change while making objective suggestions in the suggestion forum as to a better approach, which they may listen to and adopt at a later date.

I have spent around 100$ on cc account unlocking crystals and tunings. I have 83 toons on multiple servers nearly all of which are level 70. Account unlocking made sense so I could use rare things like my white crystals on all toons or my white and black ones on all my tanks or my black and red striated etc. It is a huge quality of life issue that now I have to rip things out or overwrite them to keep using them. I'll no longer be using tunings or cartel crystals as long as this is the case. All I do is raid. I don't have time to farm for credits to keep paying the bill for gear repair which is significant at 248 and upgrades(which removing high level mods to place in legacy gear is also significant) and now tunings or cartel crystals. No thanks. And I'm upset that now my money on those cc was completely wasted. It's not about refusing to adapt is about if we should have to. They're making it harder for people to play with alts and harder for raiders doing high level content that need the high level gear on multiple toons.

At least people aren't taking about the nerfs :p

The cynical sod in me thinks they tried to slip this one in under the radar of the nerfs, hoping players wouldn't notice.

*removes tin foil hat and carries on crafting crystals for legacy weapons* (alternatively use the Eternal Championship vendor for crystals / Rakghoul Event vendor for crystals etc)

The cynical sod in me thinks they tried to slip this one in under the radar of the nerfs, hoping players wouldn't notice.

*removes tin foil hat and carries on crafting crystals for legacy weapons* (alternatively use the Eternal Championship vendor for crystals / Rakghoul Event vendor for crystals etc)

IF your thought were true... then they would have actually done it stealth mode and not put it in the patch notes. ;)

nah, I really doubt they even hoped for a second this wouldn't be picked up by players.

Probably this change is more widely hated than all the nerfs, lol.

22 pages of replies and not a single response for Bioware on this.

This is unacceptable! Because you lack the competence to deal with an account unlock work around those of us who have paid our credits and/or cartel coins to unlock tunings and crystals account wide now must pay to extract tunings and crystals to put my saber in my legacy bank. Are you coders really so inept that this was the only solution?

9100 credits everytime i want to send weapons to an alt who has the crystals and tuning unlocked. You know I get sick of stupid complaints about comapnions and other frivolousstuff but this is BW taking a big steaming crap on it's players.

I'll be boycotting the cartel market until this fixed.

IF your thought were true... then they would have actually done it stealth mode and not put it in the patch notes. ;)

They've never done anything intentional like that before, how could you suggest such a thing?! :D

Anyway. Eric / Keith.

If this is going to be left as it is, honestly can I have a refund for my account unlocked crystals please. You've done yourselves a disservice with this change, essentially making CM crystals not work for players who have met the following criteria;

• Purchased packs or individual CM crystals or CM crystal packs (bronze / silver / gold).
  • Purchased packs or individual Tunings (or earned them via the DvL event)
  • Paid to unlock those CM crystals and tunings account wide.
  • Participated in content that enables players to earn Legacy Weapons that are designed to be passed between characters on a players account.
  • Not circumvented account unlocks for CM crystals or tunings by unlocking them individually.

So for those customers who have played by the rules, why exactly are we being penalised by this change? Most of us can understand why the change is being implemented - however it detracts seriously from those of us who haven't bent those rules.

So are you going to resolve this issue (if so can we have a timescale), if not, can you refund account wide unlocks for those of us who haven't circumvented the intention of account unlocks and legacy weapons?.

My favorite solution to this would be to eliminate the cost to remove crystals and tunings from weapons. I used to be able to put legacy weapons in my legacy vault for free, and now I have to pay to put them in the vault. I do not think (hope?) that the intent of this change was to add a cost to certain uses of the legacy vault. Therefore, that cost should be removed.

I do not favor making crystals like dyes. I do not like the idea of all my crafted crystals suddenly becoming single use. That would also be a loss for the player and not a gain.

My favorite solution to this would be to eliminate the cost to remove crystals and tunings from weapons. I used to be able to put legacy weapons in my legacy vault for free, and now I have to pay to put them in the vault.

Yeah I thought of this as well, at least remove the cost to remove crystals and tunings from legacy weapons. That would be fair yeah? The others can remain as they are.

It is disappointing, although not unexpected, that Eric has been posting today and he is completely avoiding these threads.

I understand where they are coming from on this (although Eric said years ago that moving cartel crystals in legacy weapons was not considered an exploit) but, for it to not allow account unlocked crystals and tunings to be put into legacy storage is absolutely stupid.

Eric (or Keith) has to actually know what to respond before responding. Eric's just a PR guy, he probably doesn't know the reasoning behind or the technical spesifics of this change. So he can't comment on it. Furthermore, this is obviously a volatile subject so they'll want to choose their response carefully lest they give out incorrect information or piss off the community even more.

We definitely should get a response to this, I agree. And hopefully that response will let us know they intend to fix this somehow. But the fact they haven't addressed this thread/issue -yet- isn't the end of the world.

It is disappointing, although not unexpected, that Eric has been posting today and he is completely avoiding these threads.

I understand where they are coming from on this (although Eric said years ago that moving cartel crystals in legacy weapons was not considered an exploit) but, for it to not allow account unlocked crystals and tunings to be put into legacy storage is absolutely stupid.

Sad response from Bioware anytime it's "Bad News" threads. They seem to avoid them like the plague. Didn't see any BW post in the Balance threads until a couple weeks of people ************ enough to warrant them jumping in and saying "Yea... not going to change - Just Heal to Full"...

This thread - they are reading it I'm sure as well the Reddit version is on fire with even more interesting comments.

I have to agree. The last two "BAD NEWS" have been complete silence from both Musco and Keith. Class balance forums went WEEKS without any responses until last week enough nudging by player they said "Yea... not going to change anything"... now they do this crap and don't even give any clarity to the issues that are about to explode on the user community. Very crappy communication skills for someone (Bioware) that is trying to repair its community relations. One step forward and three steps back guys. Where was Eric's "Litmus" testing on these legacy crap?

If you look back at Keith's last post then I do wonder if that whole issue has put him off posting at all.

I hope not because if you follow that thread and the follow up thread he should realize most people were behind him and supporting his behavior whilst defending him against what I viewed as a rather blatant attempt at trolling.

An easy solution for Bioware is to make all cartel market crystals and tunings that were unlocked account-wide to be legacy once they are unlocked from collections. Otherwise they remain character-only.

An easy solution for Bioware is to make all cartel market crystals and tunings that were unlocked account-wide to be legacy once they are unlocked from collections. Otherwise they remain character-only.

I like this idea. (Assuming that making the mods legacy-bound would actually let them go into legacy storage and mail)

Edited by Estelindis