Arsenal talent Barrage doesn't work

acnoj

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess its time to unsub.

Just finished my GW2 beta weekend...that was good stuff!

i agree. i forgot about tor all weekend and it made me realize how much i hate this game lol

on topic, ill have to test this out myself when i get on tomorrow

Edited by Cegenaus

• Dev Post

Hey guys, I'm not seeing this internally, but after looking at the script, I did notice that the Barrage buff is removed prematurely when you are NOT dual wielding.

In other words, as long as you're dual wielding, Barrage is working as intended. If you are only wielding a single blaster, it does appear that Barrage ends prematurely. So keep both blasters handy for maximum effectiveness!

Just in case you're single-wielding though, we've fixed this bug for a future patch. Thanks for reports.

Edited by StephenReid

Well in our guild we find somekind of damage meter and when we start it and compare dmg of BH with Madness sorc. in pve talents it was really sad. At least 10% i was behind they dmg and i got better eq (4/5 rakata, rakata weapons implants ear )and if i can say it my sklii with Arsenal merc is hight. And in PVP i dont understand why is jedi Shadow so owerpoverd and nobody do something about it those suckers are unstopable.

my unload dmg range is 1304-1581 which the avg hit should be about 1442

Barrage proc 1442x 1.25=1802

my surge +30% bonus in skill tree 106%

1802x 2.06= 3713.15

20% armor reduction, 35% armor reduction to a target with 30% armor reduction drops them to 15.6% dmg reduction

3713.15 x .844 = 3133.9 for an avg crit

I never see 3k crits with my unload even with bloodthirst/adrenal going. High Crits without blood thirst adrenal are usually just around 2500 mark

Im not going to break down the math but without the 25% dmg is 2507.12

If the math is wrong devs please let us know because it does not look like we are recieving the 25% bonus dmg

Hey guys, I'm not seeing this internally, but after looking at the script, I did notice that the Barrage buff is removed prematurely when you are NOT dual wielding.

In other words, as long as you're dual wielding, Barrage is working as intended. If you are only wielding a single blaster, it does appear that Barrage ends prematurely. So keep both blasters handy for maximum effectiveness!

Just in case you're single-wielding though, we've fixed this bug for a future patch. Thanks for reports.

Can we get a definitive answer about the armor debuff portion of Tracer Missle/Heat signature not working properly either? It is apparent that our dps has fallen off dramatically since the HSM nerf and none of our attacks are benefitting from the 20 percent debuff that they should be receiving. HSM does 25 percent more damage as the Heat signatures stack but enough testing has been done to see that all other attacks are hitting for less than they should be with 5 stacks of heat signature armor debuff on the target.

Not to mention the HSM is not doing 10 percent more damage like it should be after the 1.2 nerf to TM. We are seeing all time low HSM damage unless it was always broken and benefiting from all the Heat Signature stacks pre 1.2 changes. The 400-500 dps nerf that we are seeing post 1.2 is really hindering progression in 16 man hardmodes as the enrage timers are so tightly tuned. Some bosses require raid wide 1200-1300 dps and as it sits now unless you class stack marauders and snipers people are not getting it done. I know personally speaking from my server alone 95% of the raiding guilds are stuck on progression of hardmodes. Look at these classes more closely since you obviously balanced 1.2 operations and the world boss on pre 1.2.0c nerfs. Something is seriously amiss.

Edited by solidkjames

No mention of the missing damage?

Looks like they want us to rerun all these tests with both weapons on (which BTW some testers already did and one was a Commando).

So if i am reading this right, that buff is always removed prematurely for commandos Curtain of Fire as they can't dual wield? I'm guessing, but with the talent broken for both mirror classes the code is copy pasted. Arsenal Mercs and Gunny Commandos are reading this thread.

The good part is that they know what is broken and it will get fixed. Now for HSM/DR.

Edited by AmorphousCro

ok, tested this tonight with 2 base pistols and also with a full setup.

I agree it is working as intended.

however, i HAVE noticed barrage dropping either at the start or in the middle of unload ... not sure why/how.

did not drop on the training dummy

1st 2 are no-barrage, last 1 is with barrage.

naked with 2 basic pistols no buffs

http://www.torparse.com/a/22790

Edited by The_Duck

Wow, Arsenal is still not fixed?

well as long as Barrage stays up and you have 2 pistols ... it seems to work.

the question is why does it drop sometimes and not others?

I need to test more. Some raids happening tonight so I'll double-check what Barrage proc

is doing during the raids and post again.

Edited by The_Duck

Normally I wouldnt post this here.

maybe though this issue is related to yours.

Grav Round hits higher

than Demo Round with 5 stacks of Grav Round Vortice for 7 days now and counting.

Hrm, thanks APeckenpaugh. Still doesn't explain why my Unload numbers seem much lower than they should be though, so I'll re-test and get back to you.

I guess I don't understand what the dev just said. When would an arsenal merc not be using dual pistols?

^^ This.

As an arsenal Merc, I can't think of any reason why someone would only be using one pistol.

If there is a good reason or build that I've missed, Id love to see it.

In other words, as long as you're dual wielding, Barrage is working as intended.

APeckenpaugh, I went through some data today that Axien collected, running the same test but with two weapons equipped. We made the following observations:

1) Operations Target Dummies have no defense (I'd expect a 10% chance to dodge/parry/deflect/whatever).

2) The Barrage buff is still dropping off early at random times. It drops off during the channel rather than at the start of the channel. We can't say for sure that this is effecting damage though. The combat log shows the Barrage effect sometimes ends before the final ticks of damage, but the time stamp suggests that the effect ends and the damage occurs in the same millisecond so the log is probably just listing these results alphabetically.

3) By comparing Minimum and Maximum Unload hits (separating main-hand and off-hand, crit and non-crit), we observed that Barrage is applying an 18-19% damage increase. We're thinking that Barrage is increasing Unloads damage from 133% with Riddle, to 158% (133+25) with Barrage: a 18.797% damage increase.

So point 3 is why my Unload damage seemed to come out too low, I expected Barrage to incrase damage by 25% but the way it stacks with Riddle means it's really 18.8%.

Dev's say its working..you guys keep doing tests proving its not in one shape or another.

Either Switch to Pyro and not worry about it anymore like i have &/or, un-sub...like i have too.

You're saying that we shouldn't report issues that we find or concerns that we have? That I should stop playing something I enjoy because I don't like the way a skill is calculated?

I don't expect anything to change at this point, just reporting what I found.

So point 3 is why my Unload damage seemed to come out too low, I expected Barrage to incrase damage by 25% but the way it stacks with Riddle means it's really 18.8%.

APeckenpaugh, this is my question too. The line adjoining Riddle & Barrage, indicates to me that we should be receiving a 25% increase on Unload with Riddle, albeit this is ambigious. The line may just indicate a pre-requisite talent. Could you please clarify the maths on this?

FYI, target lock doesn't provide the crit multiplier to unload. That might be skewing your results.

I'd just LOVE if APeckenpaugh went and checked that one for us, since I've tested the Commando version and it ALSO doesn't seem to work, and in addition to that someone posted logs that seem to show cell charger not working with full auto either.

Edited by Arzoo

• Dev Post

I haven't checked your math, but your logic is correct. In the current game, the way our math works is that multiplicative mods are summed in their entirety and then applied, such that if you received a 33% damage bonus to Unload, and then received a 25% damage bonus to Unload, you'd receive a [1+0.33+0.25=1.58] damage increase to Unload, NOT a [(1+0.33)*1.25=1.66] damage increase to Unload.

you are seeing lower dmg with unload because heat signature is not working correctly. Lower dmg across the board on everything. Check your dmg with a 2 stack up that should give you max unload dmg atm which is sad.