Free 30 days and Tauntaun Ram pet

Jeffdogg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok please someone clarify for me. My account was charged yesterday for the month. Does this mean i will be credited or does this mean my free month wont start till next month? i have not received email yet on this either. I do have level 50 character since 2 months ago.

ok please someone clarify for me. My account was charged yesterday for the month. Does this mean i will be credited or does this mean my free month wont start till next month? i have not received email yet on this either. I do have level 50 character since 2 months ago.

Your free month, I believe, would start after your paid-for month (next month).

they did this on purpose guys, there fiscal quarter is about to end may 1st, and for the most part everyone who started at release subscription end on the 23rd, forcing us to pay for may which inflates there #'s. if they had given us the free month now ( april ) it would have looked bad on there quarterly earnings.

now next quarter is going to take a huge hit because a large amount of upset customers will be unsubscribing as soon as there free month is up end of june.

they were also offering to reimburse us 1 full day for some other mess, what happened to that??

Edited by gregowen

they did this on purpose guys, there fiscal quarter is about to end may 1st, and for the most part everyone who started at release subscription end on the 23rd, forcing us to pay for may which inflates there #'s. if they had given us the free month now ( april ) it would have looked bad on there quarterly earnings.

Nice conspiracy theory, but EA's Q4 2012 (and fiscal year) ended March 31, 2012.

now next quarter is going to take a huge hit because a large amount of upset customers will be unsubscribing as soon as there free month is up end of june.

Take off the tinfoil hat man. Seriously. You absolutely make no sense. I think you shoudl wait until you get out of jr high before trying to understand economics and how corporate earnings reports work. Just because they are released in May doesnt mean that the numbers are from May. Just have to smh sometimes lol.

Also you act like EA has one title. This game is nothing compared to huge games like BF3 and ME3 etc. Investors could give a rats behind about swtor lol.

Edited by Leggomy

Oddly, most of my guildies are reporting having received their tauntaun, but I have not yet gotten it. I've been 50 since headstart.... :(. I had unsubscribed temporarily and re-subbed a day or two before the original (April 12th, I think?) deadline had come by, as well. Anyone else in the same boat here? Edited by Ancen

So I never got an email about this (I have checked in my account settings that I want SWTOR information mails), but received the pet today.

Not, however, did I receive the 30 days. According to my account page my last payment (3 month recurring, been like that ever since early access) has been April 19, next billing date is July 18, i.e. 3 months/90 days later. No hint of the extra days there.

Edit: Update! The 30 days are now on my account, though very sneakily, the billing date is now August 17, no other hint at the fact.

P.S.: I quote from my Subscription Management:

You will be billed on 07.18.2012.

Didn't know we have an 18th month this year. What this date apparently means is 07/18/2012 by American scrambled (my wording for it; month/day/year is so illogical) format, 18.07.2012 by German format (what I assume this page tries to output; day.month.year from small to large), or 2012-07-18 by UTC date format. The same wrong date format is also displayed in the forum, i.e. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=420543 says the post was on

04.18.2012 , 05:35 PM

While we are at it: how to change the time format? Some people use a 24 hour format instead of am/pm 12 hour format...

Edited by Mephane

Oddly, most of my guildies are reporting having received their tauntaun, but I have not yet gotten it. I've been 50 since headstart.... :(. I had unsubscribed temporarily and re-subbed a day or two before the original (April 12th, I think?) deadline had come by, as well. Anyone else in the same boat here?

Almost exact same boat, except I lost my debit card the game was being charged to and had it deactivated, and forgot to swap it out. This happened yesterday. So I got it activated again on my pay pal, but I've been playing every day since launch and meet all other criteria.

No email, no free month yet.

This sucks.

Well, my pet and free month just hit my account, so... don't lose hope yet! They did say it could be up until around midnight CST for all of it to go out, so I wouldn't worry a ton until then. If it doesn't hit by that point, I'd contact CS... good luck, let us know!

I've gotten the pet in-game but the 30 days have not shown up on my account yet- it's still expiring in May.

They sent out a new e-mail when this happened (at least I got one stating the new dates and times). Additionally, we're talking about a one-day delay on an entirely free item.

Funny, I didn't receive an updated email...

Edited by iain_b

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the confusion surrounding this but the Legacy Promotion page is accurate. If your account met the Legacy Promotion requirements by April 22nd, you will receive your rewards via in-game mail by 11:59 pm CDT today

I got the email for the Tauntaun pet on April 16th. I hit legacy level 6 a couple hours before April 22, 12:00 PM CDT. I didnt receive an email for the free month.

Has anyone with only Legacy 6 and not a 50, received the 30 day email?

Edited by FussyQBert

This is a sticky in the customer support forum:

Greetings All,

Regarding the free 30 days of game time being offered as part of the Star Wars: The Old Republic Legacy Promotion.

The 30 days of game time will show up on eligible accounts by April 25th 2012, 11:59PM CDT/April 26th 2012, 4:59AM GMT and will begin once any current remaining game time expires. If the remaining game time on the eligible account expires before the date mentioned above, the game can only be logged into once the 30 days of game time have been applied.

Please also note that the Tauntaun Ram Legacy Pet will be delivered via in-game mail to active characters on eligible accounts by April 25th 2012, 11:59PM CDT/April 26th 2012, 4:59 GMT.

For more details about the Legacy Promotion, please visit our dedicated page at:

http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion

Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Therefore since today is the 25th it is pushed back to tonight as the cutoff.

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the confusion surrounding this but the Legacy Promotion page is accurate. If your account met the Legacy Promotion requirements by April 22nd, you will receive your rewards via in-game mail by 11:59 pm CDT today:

Our APAC transfer community will receive their Tauntaun Ram Pets slightly later due to issues involving in-game mail for transfer accounts. Here's Stephen's post:

For more information on the Legacy Promotion, read here.

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. Again, apologies for any confusion this caused!

Your customer service over the phone told me that since my account expired last night 4/24/12 that I no longer qualify on that account for the free 30 days that you promised. I have had a level 50 on that account for over a month and am legacy level 25. But because I let my account expire one day before you applied the 30 days I was SOL.

So do I listen to what is being said here or do I listen to what I was told by your own customer service over the phone that I do no get it even though I met your requirements?

Didn't know we have an 18th month this year. What this date apparently means is 07/18/2012 by American scrambled (my wording for it; month/day/year is so illogical) format, 18.07.2012 by German format (what I assume this page tries to output; day.month.year from small to large), or 2012-07-18 by UTC date format. The same wrong date format is also displayed in the forum, i.e. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=420543 says the post was on

While we are at it: how to change the time format? Some people use a 24 hour format instead of am/pm 12 hour format...

Which is why I use the military method of the date the written month and then the year so todays date would be 25 Apr 12 (or 2012 if you were so inclined) becasue quite frankly I always get screwed up by people who will have the month at the beginning and then other people will have the date at the beginning, so the military way there is NO confusion as to what the date is.

Your customer service over the phone told me that since my account expired last night 4/24/12 that I no longer qualify on that account for the free 30 days that you promised. I have had a level 50 on that account for over a month and am legacy level 25. But because I let my account expire one day before you applied the 30 days I was SOL.

So do I listen to what is being said here or do I listen to what I was told by your own customer service over the phone that I do no get it even though I met your requirements?

Ignore it, my sub was due on the 19th (i'd already cancelled it two weeks prior), the game was still playable until yesterday when i resubbed and the free 30 days was applied to my account this evening.

[*color=Plum]They sent out a new e-mail when this happened (at least I got one stating the new dates and times). Additionally, we're talking about a one-day delay on an entirely free item.[/color]

There was no updated email on either of my accounts that I play.

You know ill post a comment on this ,

As of April 22nd I had a legacy level 41 , (2) level 50 toons . And been a subscriber since day one and received an email stating that I would receive the pet and free play time. Did i miss any ting in there ?

I was billed for the next installment of the pay period yesterday.

Any one care to summarize?

[quote=Mephane;4137206

This has always made me wonder something. When Europeans ask each other what the date is do you say "Today is the 25th of April" since that is the way you like to display it? Here in Amurica we would say "Today is April 25th". Just curious and sorry to go off-topic.

You know ill post a comment on this ,

As of April 22nd I had a legacy level 41 , (2) level 50 toons . And been a subscriber since day one and received an email stating that I would receive the pet and free play time. Did i miss any ting in there ?

I was billed for the next installment of the pay period yesterday.

Any one care to summarize?

The 30 days free was the 25th, your bill date was the 24th...

This has always made me wonder something. When Europeans ask each other what the date is do you say "Today is the 25th of April" since that is the way you like to display it? Here in Amurica we would say "Today is April 25th". Just curious and sorry to go off-topic.

We say today is the x of, at least here in Scotland. It's just the way it's said.

You folks out in yankee land like to do things different whether right or wrong.

I got the email for the Tauntaun pet on April 16th. I hit legacy level 6 a couple hours before April 22, 12:00 PM CDT. I didnt receive an email for the free month.

Has anyone with only Legacy 6 and not a 50, received the 30 day email?

I just made Legacy 6 on April 22nd around 8:30am CDT. I didn't check my emails but I have received the 30 days on my account without being billed.