Guys I have a problem :(

Nikahn

I've beaten the game with the JK and the story was ok so now I'm looking for another class to start. Here's the problem I'm having ....

I kind of play the game from a RP standpoint ... but I never go full RP, you should never go full RP :p... but I decided to try out a Sith character. Problem is they are definitely TOO evil for me. I was kind of hoping I could play a Sith in a "good" way or at least neutral but at level 10 and ****mission - spoiler**** I am already having to put down a slave revolt by poisoning their water supply. Hmm ... sorry I can't do that, that's messed up :(

Problem is I LOVE the Imperial atmoshphere. It seems much more mature and the voice acting and storyline is so much better and more serious. I really like it. The Republic side just seemed so cheesy and goofy with extra cheesy voice acting. Yeah I could try Trooper or Smuggler but I want the epicness of a Force user ...

So my next option was Jedi Consular ... boy what a boring story so far though. Also I'm not a big fan of having a lightsaber but never using it ... that's silly to me. 2 lightsaber attacks gets boring and I just don't like using the force ALL the time for EVERY fight. I mean picking up all those chunks of rocks and throwing it at people is really gonna ruin the interiors of these places I go :(

So what do I do guys???

Edited by Nikahn

The poisoning water quest is not a class quest so you can skip the bejesus out of that, and most of the class quests give you a lightsided way out.

I have not done that quest on any of my Imperial characters. Not only is it sadistic, it's also stupid, impractical, and a waste of workers.

If you want to play Sith, then don't let psychopath NPCs skeeve you out from enjoying that storyline or the atmosphere.

Edited by Bytemite

Ah I was just about to clarify that is a side quest ... so it is possible to be somewhat good on the Imp side hmmm ... well besides the fact I am still killing slaves lol ... well thank you very much :) Edited by Nikahn

I've beaten the game with the JK and the story was ok so now I'm looking for another class to start. Here's the problem I'm having ....

I kind of play the game from a RP standpoint ... but I never go full RP, you should never go full RP :p... but I decided to try out a Sith character. Problem is they are definitely TOO evil for me. I was kind of hoping I could play a Sith in a "good" way or at least neutral but at level 10 and ****mission - spoiler**** I am already having to put down a slave revolt by poisoning their water supply. Hmm ... sorry I can't do that, that's messed up :(

Problem is I LOVE the Imperial atmoshphere. It seems much more mature and the voice acting and storyline is so much better and more serious. I really like it. The Republic side just seemed so cheesy and goofy with extra cheesy voice acting. Yeah I could try Trooper or Smuggler but I want the epicness of a Force user ...

So my next option was Jedi Consular ... boy what a boring story so far though. Also I'm not a big fan of having a lightsaber but never using it ... that's silly to me. 2 lightsaber attacks gets boring and I just don't like using the force ALL the time for EVERY fight. I mean picking up all those chunks of rocks and throwing it at people is really gonna ruin the interiors of these places I go :(

So what do I do guys???

A non evil "Empire side" well there is the BH who could give two hoots about the empire depending on how you play it. And there is also the Agent.

The agent you can be a double agent and work for the republic in the full light side ending.

Personally I like the rebel without a cause kind so my fav classes have to be going in order:

Smuggler

Bounty Hunter

Agent.

Because you can choose "screw everybody else I'm lookin out for number 1".

I love lightsabers tho :p

I know that quest, and there's a way to put down the revolt without poisoning the water supply. However you have to accept it first.

But yes, you can always just skip it, I skip the "cover up this chiss murder" quest given later often.

Consular story gets better after chapter 2. Trooper is a good story, not brilliant but definately good. Smuggler can be played as both LS and DS, personally my Smuggler is LS with a few bDS habits.

Warrior story can't really be played as LS (you become the emperor's wrath, definately DS from a RP viewpoint), but the inquisitor can be played as LS, it gets a bit silly in places but it can be done. Agent can also be done from a LS viewpoint (LS agent is loyal to the idea of the empire not the morals).

Bounty Hunter is more of a grey area, parts of it can be done LS, but some parts can't (from RP viewpoint), I have only got halfway through chapter one, and have done a mix of LS and DS bits (My BH is amoral not evil or good).

Personally I would go for a LS Sith Inquisitor.

Warrior story can't really be played as LS (you become the emperor's wrath, definately DS from a RP viewpoint)

It depends how you play it. My jugg is on light V, she's lightsided and an imperial patriot. She thinks that even though the Empire has it flaws, there is also a lot of good in the Empire, and she wants to fix it from the inside. And as long as the Emperor doesn't have a problem with her trying to do things more nicely (but still more or less getting the job done), she doesn't have a problem being the Emperor's Wrath.

It depends how you play it. My jugg is on light V, she's lightsided and an imperial patriot. She thinks that even though the Empire has it flaws, there is also a lot of good in the Empire, and she wants to fix it from the inside. And as long as the Emperor doesn't have a problem with her trying to do things more nicely (but still more or less getting the job done), she doesn't have a problem being the Emperor's Wrath.

But the Emperor really wouldn't want things done more nicely, and would want them done more quick and permanent. Like...kill them all, leave nothing but corpses. That's kinda his thing.

That said, my SW did plenty of good things. :p She ended up DS 2 at the end of it

(Killing Baras, the one who tried to kill you, take over the empire, kill the Emperor, basically do evil things for power...gives you A LOT of DS Points)

But the Emperor really wouldn't want things done more nicely, and would want them done more quick and permanent. Like...kill them all, leave nothing but corpses. That's kinda his thing.

Maybe, but I don't remember my jugg ever been told that. I can't remember the Hand whining if I did something that wasn't as brutal and evil as they intended. So unless the Hand or Emperor himself tells my jugg that she can't try to "cure" Empire, imo she can be lightsided and the Wrath at the same time.

Maybe, but I don't remember my jugg ever been told that. I can't remember the Hand whining if I did something that wasn't as brutal and evil as they intended. So unless the Hand or Emperor himself tells my jugg that she can't try to "cure" Empire, imo she can be lightsided and the Wrath at the same time.

"Cure" Empire with light side? Give me a break. More like poison. ;)

It's a game.

If poisoning the water supply truly bothers you, then you go more RP as you claim.

I RP through all my characters, heavily, but I leave my personal morality out of it. I'm not the same person as my Sith Juggernaut. No, I think of what my Juggernaut would do. And, unfortunately, it would poison said water supply.

If you take the longer view of the result, the light side option makes more sense: you spiking the water supply with enough toxin to kill them will force the Imperials running the experiment to go back to the very beginning, and eventually scrap the use of the poison entirely. A few poisoned slaves to save untold billions? Trillions?

Not going to lie, here: the Consular story is NOT that exciting, and it doesn't get much better until Act III. You've been warned.

That said, if you absolutely want the best combat experience with the Consular, reroll and make a Shadow tank. Trust me.

Yeah, uh. Sacrificing other people is totally a light side thing to do.

The Sith aren't at all heroic, really, but you can at least play a villain who doesn't waste their time with putting down slave revolts that your character probably wouldn't even look twice at, let alone consider them a worthwhile challenge.

Edited by Bytemite

Pacifists shouldn't join the military, or police force. And, nice guys don't become Sith.

I have a 100% Light side SW (lvl 33 so far). He sees life as; as much as I try to avoid being a jerk, I value my own skin more than my glowing nice guy rep. I try to keep the bloodshed and nastiness to a minimum, but if Baras tells me I have to attach this dudes nuts to a generator, well, a Sith's gotta do what he's gotta do. I'm sorry I gotta do this, but my own butt comes before niceness or mercy.

That said, he tries to avoid nastiness when he can... let people who don't deserve the usual Sith treatment slide. But, again, only if it isn't gonna come back & bite him in the butt later.

well I was working on my second sith warrior char (I am a heavy and self confessed altoholic) so I already have 2 sith warrior and 2 jedi knights even though my highest char is only 25. with that said my marauder is going "practical evil" by that I mean my char is not going out of the way to be a jerk, and is willing to take a bit of heat to do what my char believes is the best thing to do. (I caught a LOT of flack on my marauder on the black talon flashpoint, from a player that believed killing the captain got you more lootz) when I chose to let the captain live, because even though he DID disobey orders, his justification made more sense than the warlords punitive ordering us to hijack the ship.

well I was working on my second sith warrior char (I am a heavy and self confessed altoholic) so I already have 2 sith warrior and 2 jedi knights even though my highest char is only 25. with that said my marauder is going "practical evil" by that I mean my char is not going out of the way to be a jerk, and is willing to take a bit of heat to do what my char believes is the best thing to do. (I caught a LOT of flack on my marauder on the black talon flashpoint, from a player that believed killing the captain got you more lootz) when I chose to let the captain live, because even though he DID disobey orders, his justification made more sense than the warlords punitive ordering us to hijack the ship.

It's not like you didn't kill 30 innocent soldiers before getting to the captain...

"Cure" Empire with light side? Give me a break. More like poison. ;)

You are taking it too seriously. My sw doesn't obsess with light side or dark side. She merely wishes that people in the Empire could sometimes treat each other a little better.

You are taking it too seriously. My sw doesn't obsess with light side or dark side. She merely wishes that people in the Empire could sometimes treat each other a little better.

Yeah, I'm a bit roleplaying on the forums too, so take it as that. ;)

I think your approach is acceptable. Imperials should definitely treat each other well since it gives them better cahnce to defeat their enemies. Unless they are obviously useless, then a quick death is the most kind option :-)

since when cant a sith be heroic? Revan was probably the best example I can think of atm. he wasn't some brute who slaughtered for the sake of slaughtering. in fact almost all who encountered him admired him including his enemies (the mandolorians said it themselves). revan may have used them to suit his needs of course but who wouldn't. why kill someone that may have more use later. and many in the empire will applaud ur decisions if u back em up. my sith jug is pure dark. granted I didn't pick all dark decisions by the end of the story but I picked ones that would suit me and the empire. it came to a point where even some of my companions would agree with my dark side option if u explain the reason behind it. now makeb is another story.... there ur either nice or a d*ck. b ut aside from that u may not always be presented with the best choices but theirs almost always a "positive" outcome depending on ur viewpoint.

To the OP - Just roll Sith Inquisitor. With the exception of a few stupid evil-no-matter-what side quests like the one you mentioned about poisoning water, the Inquisitor dialog options, background and persona; story allow you to play almost full goodie two-shoes, complete with opposing everything evil/immoral in the Empire, wanting to change the Empire from within for better and calling the Sith order evil and depraved. Not to mention that the goal of the Inquisitor's class story has nothing to do with being stereotypical evil Sith Palapatine-clone who wants to conquer the Republic/Jedi Order etc. You can literally role-eplay your character as a fan of the Jedi AND Light Side, dialog options fully allow you that.

Similar case with Imperial Agent. Haven't played Bounty Hunter yet so it's possible the same will apply, however, stay away from Warrior. No matter what you do, there's no getting over certain pure-evil story aspects in Warrior story.

Edited by Pietrastor

So my next option was Jedi Consular ... boy what a boring story so far though. Also I'm not a big fan of having a lightsaber but never using it ... that's silly to me.

You can actually use it. You would only have to shift around with you gear's Modifications a bit - and that's where the tricky thing starts.

There is one unsolved question in the game, a thing that no-one had the idea of thinking/solving about it, yet :

ALL people INSIST on using ONLY the own class' apropriate stats to be used as gear modifications.

This results in NO-ONE asking questions like :

If a companion uses "strength" as a primary value, and uses a tech blade - assuming that this tech blade does tech damage - wouldn't it be a good idea to actually give that companion "cunning", because "cunning" increases the tech damage, too ?

A similar thing goes on for the Sage : HE would benefit from what helps him using his Lightsabre - but no-one actually does that. All people do is put as many modifications as possibly into gear that features the Sage's primary stat - but no "strength" or so, which would help the Sage using his/her Lightsabre.

Usually, sticking to the primary stat is the safe thing - but I've never seen anyone experimenting beyond this.

And of course in FPs and in OPs you you'll receive a vote-kick, if you don't comply to what the masses of players think.

And yes : The Empire has Style - the Republic has Advertisements. At least at the Fleet.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer