"Daily" Areas Now Grant A Weekly Mission And Lose The Area Completion Daily. Why?

Nothing_Shines

Ok, time for the standard game after an update.

What will the reply be:

1) This was supposed to be in the notes but it was missed. I will get it added.

2) This was being discussed but we did not know they were adding it to this update. I will get it added tot he notes.

3) Let us look into it. Followed shortly by 'Unintended, it will be fixed in a future update.'

4) Or the always classic: Ignore the thread/complaints/bug reports and pass it off as a feature, and hope the players get tired of trying to get a straight answer, or any answer.

I am wondering if not starting the double event got them caught. They figured we would all be bouncing from alt to alt doing double CXP stuff and not notice this change until after the event ended, buying them time to figure out how to spin it.

Option 4! This is standard course of action on ninja nerfs, no response from BW as it is working as intended.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope there is a Dev response about the unannounced change to certain dailies. Whether or not this situation is a bug to be corrected, or the removal of some daily bonuses with an unannounced stealth nerf.

The following dailies are listed as weeklies on the Activities Window:

Black Hole

CZ-198

Yavin 4

Section X

Ziost

When done, the weekly reward is granted. However, since these dailies only appear on the Activity Window as weeklies, there is no longer a daily bonus for doing these dailies. Essentially, with 5.6, five daily areas no longer provide daily CXP bonuses upon completion. Individual missions in these areas can be done daily. However, the CXP grant for these missions without the daily bonus is minuscule, and not worth the time it takes to do them (YMMV).

What I hope is that these areas are changed so that the weekly is not on the Activities Window. Weeklies can continue to be picked up from mission terminals in the daily area. So that the daily bonus for doing the missions is back in place.

Eric Musco, a response please?

Edited by Nmyownworld

Why would you make the daily areas MORE pointless to run daily? Might as well call them "Weeklies".

Despite all the talk about faster CXP gain, they don't really want anyone to progress faster. They still think the grind is the game and the gear is a reward instead of a tool. I don't think they'll ever get the idea or admit they totally screwed up.

I didn't realize people actually repeated these on a daily basis without the weekly active, just seems like a very boring activity to repeat day after day. Perhaps the devs share the same mindset.

Why not just do the heroic dailies when you're done with the weeklies?

Edited by Eli_Porter

I didn't realize people actually repeated these on a daily basis without the weekly active, just seems like a very boring activity to repeat day after day. Perhaps the devs share the same mindset.

Same. I only ever did them weekly anyway. I couldn't stand doing them all daily.

Devs can't figure out why people quit mmos? THE RIDICULOUS GRIND IS WHY! It was bad enough having to do the same planets every day with 8+ characters to try to get them to cl 300 but now that they rate is even slower there's very little reason to try. Time to find another game and hope when I come back in a couple months this **** is fixed or this game joins SWG as great games killed by stupid development moves that ignored the players.

This is a slap in the face of all of us that solo advance characters. Not only did they remove the daily bonuses for the non-heroic daily areas, they reduced the CXP for the daily awards on all of the heroic dailies. What in the name of Great Cesar's ghost were/are you thinking. The weekly missions need to go back to the mission terminals on the daily areas, and you need to restore the daily bonus for both the heroic missions and the dailies to what they were when we got them from the planetary mission tab in Galactic Command. This is a drastic reduction in CXP for those of us who solo a lot when friends are not on.

I normally do this just once but there have been times my boyfriend logs on and wants to do them (even if I have already done them) that I will do the dailies again so there could be a reason why people might want to do them more than once.

I do like the way you can choose what you want without going through the menu a million times to find what you are looking for.

Edited by casirabit

So, you're telling me that these aren't repeatable in the same week once you complete them now or what?

You can go to the planet and do the quests daily, but you'll get bonus CXP only weekly.

It's just ridiculous, especially if you'll read what Keith wrote in Fall Roadmap:

CXP for all areas of the game is in review – as some players experienced with the Planetary Daily Areas, increased CXP makes us happier, so that’s our plan for all areas throughout the game and will coincide with A Traitor Among the Chiss update.
Edited by KeiraHawke

It does seem to be a bad move. In the past you could do some of the weeklies over a couple of days picking up the daily GC bonus each day. So you could do 5 Iokath missions on 2 different days and get the weekly and two daily rewards. Now there is no daily intensive to split the daily missions as the actual reward is tiny.

Yet we still don't know if this was planned or just a mess up.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Ok, let's talk about what changed in 5.6 and what is changing in 5.6.1 since they are tied together.

5.6 - In this Game Update we removed the Galactic Command interface from the game along with changing Group Finder to Activity Finder. As a part of this change some Missions were removed from the game as they were explicitly tied into either Galactic Command or Group Finder respectively. This is why the Daily Mission to send you to the those areas is no longer there. The weekly is intended to be the "wrapper" Mission for all of the dailies in that area, which is a change we made coming off of the "bugged" CXP values previously. This was a part of the steps we were taking to re-balance CXP across the game but it was missing one part...

5.6.1 - The lack of that Daily Mission means you actually get less CXP than you did previously from the Daily areas, which is not something we want. In fact, we want you to get a lot more CXP from solo Missions in the game. In Game Update 5.6.1 all of the Planetary Heroic Missions and Daily Area Missions are going to have their CXP rewards tripled to 225 CXP per Mission (up from 75).

Our goal with this change is that both Planetary Heroics and Daily Area Missions are great sources of CXP for solo players. These changes in 5.6.1 along with all of the other increased rewards for both group and solo in Activity Finder means you can gain Command Ranks quicker than ever in whatever activities you choose to play.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

PS – As an added aside… due to a separate change we made, each Planetary Heroic Mission will now also gain the bonus from the “Planetary Heroic Highlight.” Previously this only affected the mission which you gained from Galactic Command.

Can someone please address the "Cast Bar issues" on Enemy and Friendly and self in the UI issues? Also NiM Operations aka Master Mode were not tripled they are still giving the same what gives?

Hey folks,

Ok, let's talk about what changed in 5.6 and what is changing in 5.6.1 since they are tied together.

5.6 - In this Game Update we removed the Galactic Command interface from the game along with changing Group Finder to Activity Finder. As a part of this change some Missions were removed from the game as they were explicitly tied into either Galactic Command or Group Finder respectively. This is why the Daily Mission to send you to the those areas is no longer there. The weekly is intended to be the "wrapper" Mission for all of the dailies in that area, which is a change we made coming off of the "bugged" CXP values previously. This was a part of the steps we were taking to re-balance CXP across the game but it was missing one part...

5.6.1 - The lack of that Daily Mission means you actually get less CXP than you did previously from the Daily areas, which is not something we want. In fact, we want you to get a lot more CXP from solo Missions in the game. In Game Update 5.6.1 all of the Planetary Heroic Missions and Daily Area Missions are going to have their CXP rewards tripled to 225 CXP per Mission (up from 75).

Our goal with this change is that both Planetary Heroics and Daily Area Missions are great sources of CXP for solo players. These changes in 5.6.1 along with all of the other increased rewards for both group and solo in Activity Finder means you can gain Command Ranks quicker than ever in whatever activities you choose to play.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

PS – As an added aside… due to a separate change we made, each Planetary Heroic Mission will now also gain the bonus from the “Planetary Heroic Highlight.” Previously this only affected the mission which you gained from Galactic Command.

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

There you go. That is a good fix IMO.

So far that makes you guys 2.5 for 3....and that is pretty good. You get a point for this fix and the legacy bank, you lose half a point on the solo mode health pools the bosses have in the new mission you guys released.

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

THANK YOU, ERIC!

Both for the response that explains what so many of us have been confused over, and for recognizing that at this point in the game, we need more sources of quick CXP for our alts (not less). The "nerf" to CXP for Hammer Station made me wonder if you guys just wait for us to find sources to increase our gain rate even a little so that you can then reduce the CXP for whatever source we are currently using. Now, I realize you guys have better things to do and this is not what has been happening - but it sure feels that way sometimes.

At this point, after spending a year grinding CXP since the onset of 5.0 - it should be easier to do. I'm really happy to hear that you guys think so, too. Not just because we want freebies, mind you... it actually encourages people to play the game. When the balance is too much on the "painful grind" side, it only works for a few die-hard people who are determined to stick to this game instead of giving up and playing something else. As much as we love the game, we die-hards are probably not enough to pay the bills. So I think this is a good change.

Thanks again for taking the time to post and address this, especially given how busy you guys have been putting out little (and a couple big) fires since the launch of 5.6. The communication is appreciated, and clarity on what you guys intend or don't intend with some of the changes you make are a big help.

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Eric,

Thanks for the update, but I still have one question. You are increasing the CXP for each mission in the daily areas by another 200% from original value, this is great, but it sounds like we are still not going to be able to get a "heroic" mission for these daily areas once the weekly is complete, or am I not understanding your post?

Here is an example of why this is still a nerf if that is the case:

CZ-198 has 5 daily missions at 75 and lets add 110% for the Legacy 10% and the 100% buff

CXP would be 790(158X5) and with the "heroic" mission from the GC window with the 110% buff of 2363 that is a total of 3153 which we could get every day, the weekly mission was a once a week bonus and that will not change.

Now with the CXP buff with 5.6.1 the total CXP for dailies at 473 per mission with the same 110% buff we will be getting 2365 each day we complete the daily set. This is a nerf of 788 CXP per day.

Again, I am not including the weekly as that has not changed.

Edited by Ofcolombia

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

This is reaching Iraq Information Minister levels.

Most planets never had a weekly, only daily areas had those.

Voss will give less cxp than DK, you will actually have to do more heroics for the same cxp than before since you didn't need to do all of them in some planets.

Not related, but you do realise there will always be a FP/Uprising that is the fastest, eventually you will have to nerf all FP and Uprising since people will just do the next best once you nerf the current best.

Thanks for the update, but I still have one question. (...)

CZ-198 has 5 daily missions at 75 and lets add 110% for the Legacy 10% and the 100% buff

CXP would be 790(158X5) and with the "heroic" mission from the GC window with the 110% buff of 2363 that is a total of 3153 which we could get every day, the weekly mission was a once a week bonus and that will not change.

Now with the CXP buff with 5.6.1 the total CXP for dailies at 473 per mission with the same 110% buff we will be getting 2365 each day we complete the daily set. This is a nerf of 788 CXP per day. (...)

I am wondering the exact same thing and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Do we have an error of thought here if Ofcolombia and I think that we're still worse off than before? I don't see how we get a CXP buff with this new system compared to the previous system. :confused: