PVP, Healing, and Survival Help

Phorenzyk

As a Corruption sorc, I'm looking for help with, well, surviving. I've tried two hybrids so far in both lightning and madness, but I'm starting to feel the pain of not having the AOE heal. Any tips or specific builds?

At the current time, I'm using a madness/corruption hybrid. My general priority chart goes:

1. Bubble everyone.

2. Keep people topped with Dark Heal/Resurgence.

3. Affliction on all nearby enemies for the 20% slow, save Force Slow for if I need to kite someone specific.

If a healer shows up and no one's in immediate danger of dying, I'll use the spammable Force Lightning to help burn them down.

Triage rotation:

Bubble, Resurgence, Innervate, Dark Infusion (with Recklessness if they're in serious danger).

When I'm under attacked, my priority changes to keeping my bubble up and Resurgence on myself for the armor buff, then I usually cast Force Slow and Force Speed away. If I'm not getting help already, I'll switch to healing myself as needed and Force Lightning the rest of the time to keep them slowed as a delaying tactic.

So, any advice? I realize I'm probably doing things horribly wrong, I have a distinct lack of healers to talk shop with, and I've never played a healer before this game. I'm currently in Battlemaster, with War Hero pants, chest, and focus.

If you want survival dump madness and go lightning. Go just far enough up the corruption tree to get Innervate and far enough up lightning to get Backlash. The rest I would put it the Will of the Sith or Life Surge. Conspiring Force isn't worth the 2 points if you want survival. After that you must save your knockbacks and stuns only for when you're getting focused TO DEATH. If you just have one guy annoying you save your big cd's and kite as much as possible. Since you lose your Revivication I would get the Rakata 2 piece bonus to reduce Innervates cd by 1.5 secs which is huge for pvp healing. Just be sure to use the BM armorings in it, not the WH. Here is an example of the spec I'm taking about http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhMRrbMzZfzMroMb.2.

As a Corruption sorc, I'm looking for help with, well, surviving. I've tried two hybrids so far in both lightning and madness, but I'm starting to feel the pain of not having the AOE heal. Any tips or specific builds?

At the current time, I'm using a madness/corruption hybrid. My general priority chart goes:

1. Bubble everyone.

2. Keep people topped with Dark Heal/Resurgence.

3. Affliction on all nearby enemies for the 20% slow, save Force Slow for if I need to kite someone specific.

If a healer shows up and no one's in immediate danger of dying, I'll use the spammable Force Lightning to help burn them down.

Triage rotation:

Bubble, Resurgence, Innervate, Dark Infusion (with Recklessness if they're in serious danger).

When I'm under attacked, my priority changes to keeping my bubble up and Resurgence on myself for the armor buff, then I usually cast Force Slow and Force Speed away. If I'm not getting help already, I'll switch to healing myself as needed and Force Lightning the rest of the time to keep them slowed as a delaying tactic.

So, any advice? I realize I'm probably doing things horribly wrong, I have a distinct lack of healers to talk shop with, and I've never played a healer before this game. I'm currently in Battlemaster, with War Hero pants, chest, and focus.

Go 22/19/0 for the bubblestun and lightning effusion, dont cast dark heal unless you absolutely have to (when DI wouldnt land in time), bubble tacticly, not everyone, dont spam affliction, at least not all the time on everyone, because it costs you force that u will miss for healing (my opinion, i dont even have the slow on affliction). Help finish opponents, best heal is a dead opponent.

EDIT: Watch this:

Thats how you play this spec.

Edited by Floegens

Go 22/19/0 for the bubblestun and lightning effusion, dont cast dark heal unless you absolutely have to (when DI wouldnt land in time), bubble tacticly, not everyone, dont spam affliction, at least not all the time on everyone, because it costs you force that u will miss for healing (my opinion, i dont even have the slow on affliction). Help finish opponents, best heal is a dead opponent.

EDIT: Watch this:

Thats how you play this spec.

Nice vid. Come 1.5 I am definitely going hybrid, now I can't be bothered respecing all the time. Could you link your spec? Also how are you on scores (I know that winning the game is more important but just as a general idea.) I will be sad to kiss goodbye to Salvation (Revivification) but I can see how increased survivability is better.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Its not me in the Video. I run 22/19/0, Frankbooths' spec should be more or less the same. My numbers, i dont know, its primarily my utility that counts, but most of the times i get something around 250-600k heals, depends on the wz, but im only in bm with 2 piece wh and always pugging since im guildless. Edited by Floegens

Survival tips:

--Play the Sorc healer as a stealth class with no stealth. HIDE all the time, behind pillars, LOS, etc. If you go out into the middle of the fight you'll just get focused and die.

--Use LOS (line of sight) to keep from gettin shot or leaped too.

--Use your four second stun (but be careful using it immediately after you get leaped because some classes have CC immunity with talents after leap; wait four seconds to be sure).

--Use Overload to knockback opponents out of LOS. Turn a corner, wait for them to come around and the knock them back behind the pillar so that they are stuck behind line of site and can't shoot you. With the Electric Bindings they will be stuck there for five seconds IF you don't do any damage to them.

--Don't bother with Affliction. It does peanuts for damage and even with the talent that gives 20% snare, it's not enough to help you survive. But the worst part is that Affliction breaks the root from Electric Bindings early AND prevents you from using Force Whirlwind.

--Be careful with force slow -- yes, it helps you get away, but if you just use Overload, guess what? Force Slow is a DOT and will break your five second root and prvent the use of Force Whirlwind.

--Only use Force Whirlwind on targets away from the fight to prevent CC break. It's not a bad follow up to the four second stun IF you have not DOT'ed them with Affliction or Force Slow and IF there is no one around to break the CC and you need to buy time.

--Use your self-heal. Talent it up. Use it with Recklessness for a HUGE self-heal.

--Use Force Speed to break LOS/escape. Talent it up. If the bad guy is low on health, force speed away, turn around and hit them with Force Lightning for the snare and damage.

--Use your interrupt to stop Ravage (heavy melee attack overtime).

When you're not running for your life -- better yet WHILE you are running for your life -- drop bubbles on your team, drop the Heal Over Time on people in need. Save your big slow heals for when you are behind LOS and no one has noticed you.

Hope this helps. I routinely kite opponents, criss-crossing across the battle and between line of site, dropping bubbles and heals and using my knockback, stun, snare and CC to keep the bad guys at bay. It's tons of fun but it takes practice. And, no, you can't hold them off forever.

Once you get a handle on kiting and other survival tips, the smart money is on using your tools offensively.

If you're fighting 2 v 2 on a node, why not turn that into a 2 v 1 fight in your favor? How? Use Overload to create separation by knocking them back behind LOS. Use your four second stun + whirlwind IF your partner is focused on the other target. Then, once it's 2v1, go back to dropping heals and then DPS if you're all healed up.

Go for their healers, if your pug buddies are ignoring them. They are usually away from their teammates. You can use all your tools, Overload, 4 second stun, whirlwind and interrupts to interupt heals keep or break LOS so they can't heal. That can sometimes allow your team to finish off other players.

Having trouble healing your team member? Use overload and your other tools to get the heat off of them with LOS or CC to buy time for heals.

And so on.

Go all heal is the answer, move around a lot in fact sprint. Have tank guarding you, pull people to you if you are in trouble, bubble loads and remember you can only save people if you are alive in the first place....but, good focussed organised pvp team and you won't get a full run of it no but you'll have darn good fun no matter what.

dont waste time and resources taking care of everyone at the same time- set priorities

bubble yourself when needed and the target you are healing

your go to heal is innerverate - dark heal is very situational and you wont gimp yourself forgetting it altogether

resurgence is used all the time to activate force bending and i also use cleanse (specced for the teeny heal too) all the time

most of the time in a random pug wz you will spend most of the time healing yourself anyways so leave the revivification for yourself- if you do get lucky and happen to land a couple of revivifications in the right spot your healing meters will reward you

abuse the self-heal; wz medpacks; and the wz adrenal

run all over the place; use your sprint liberally (make sure it is specced for the remove 100% stuns/roots); and dont forget your pull-(forget the name but it's the ability that pulls an ally to you)

Edited by Daxy