Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

I've been playing a lot of different characters to experience the whole game, therefore I haven't reached 50 with a single character. My combined character levels are definitely more than 50. What about doing something for players like me?

+1

/10 char

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As a ‘Thank You’ gift, we are giving all active subscribers (as of April 12, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 21, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT) the in-game Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet*, sure to be your new best friend!"

Anyone know if I'll still be able to get the Tauntaun? I cancelled my sub a while ago (due to...personal reasons), but I still have 98 Days left on my sub.

So when you go to your "my account" page - does it say your account is active?

It is a fantastic gesture on the part of Bioware. But you are completely missing a section of player base with your free 30 days of game time. That player base is the casual player that has been subscribed since day one. Yes, I know it seems silly that I wouldn't have a level 50 after several months but I've been playing across multiple servers, with multiple characters, including spending a large portion of my available play time testing patch 1.2 on the PTS.

I would really hope that you guys reconsider your level 50 requirement and open this up to any subscribers who have been subscribed since day one. That is the only way I see this being fair.

To put it bluntly I feel like I've been kicked in the pants, albeit it was probably by an oversight more than anything I just wanted to make sure my opinion was somewhere to be viewed by the Dev's.

Edited by Ohpe

Wow. What a huge slap in the face to all the people who don't rush through and actually take the time to fully enjoy the game

My highest (out of 6 characters) is only level 43. I have played very nearly everyday since early access.

How does level even being to translate to dedication?

This is just a general message to people like this guy... Bring your complaints directly to customer service and not the forums, Customer Service will hook YOU UP!!! If theres a flood of calls on the cutomer Service line also about this issue, it will have a greater impact and sooner rather then leaving it on the forums to read :) Good luck

P.S. Customer Service Line is

USA: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867)

This is total crap. I have 21 characters on 5 servers playing with different groups of people that I know.

I played an average of 5hrs a day (BW you can check my account) and I am NOT dedicated? JUST becasue I WASN"T A CONTENT LOCUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the heck decided that my play style was NOT DEDICATED. The game is designed for alts so I played alts.

WHAT THE HECK! :mad:

IT SHOULD BE BASED ON NUMBER OF HOURS PLAYED. Not just logged on and AFK you can check the logs for the activity of each account but NUMBER OF ACTIVE HOURS PLAYED!

NOT just zerging and space barring to 50! :mad:

Edited by Ensquire
Added phone number

Hey everybody!

If you have any questions about our Legacy promotion, you can find further information on the following page:

http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion

Just be sure you are an active subscriber (signed up for a recurring subscription or redeemed a Game Time Code) and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

If you qualify, you'll receive an email notification from 'The Old Republic™ Community'. The 30 days of game time will show up on your account by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT (the 30 days of game time will be added to your account at the end of your current billing period).

Thanks, and we hope that helps!

The level 50 reward is bothering me too. I've been a subscriber since the day the game was released and even pay for a second subscription so my girlfriend can play with me (started a new alt with her). I play much less often with my mid-40 level character recently since that server is so sparsely populated and I can't transfer him to another server. My choices were to start an alt on a more populated server or play by myself and miss flashpoints and heroics. It doesn't seem fair to punish me for that...

Wow. What a huge slap in the face to all the people who don't rush through and actually take the time to fully enjoy the game

My highest (out of 6 characters) is only level 43. I have played very nearly everyday since early access.

Yeah I like seeing everything and taking things at a calm pace so I'm only level 44 but I've been here since first day of early access. Pre ordered the very hour it was announced so kind of sucks. I also don't have a recurring sub at the moment because next month seems busy for me but I have game time left so I don't think it's fair if I don't at least qualify for the pet =/

Looks like I have to pay 15 bucks for a month I'll barely be able to play just to qualify for it on the 21st.

While I have a 50 several of my friends are altaholics who haven't managed one yet despite playing for quite a while. I think it would be nice if some consideration was paid to those who have kept up their subs but haven't gotten a toon to 50 yet.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that the 30 days free game times for the level 50 dedicated players in more a hint in the direction of how BW felt like they slapped their pvp community in the face with the late notifcation of no Ranked WZs. You should never expect something free from a business. They are doing it out of generosity to compinsate the people that they knew they upset, and it was clearly stated that they were sorry they couldn't release it on time. So hats off to BW for being such a good sport and taking everything in stride. ( I do not have a lvl 50 nor do I even pvp)

IT SHOULD BE BASED ON NUMBER OF HOURS PLAYED.

I imagine that if it was - say, 2,000 hours, for example - then there'd be a lot of sad, unhappy folk with only 1,980 to 1,999 hours logged.

:/ Them's the breaks. Asking customer service as suggested above is a good idea, though.

I've taken my time and enjoy the game, focused on three different characters (for the story, to level with different people/friends). I'm currently sitting at 43 but have been subbed since early access.

Yeah, I sure feel like a valued customer now. I didn't realize I should have powered through the stuff just to get to 50 so I could get all the free stuff and then go back and enjoy myself. Thought I could enjoy the ride as I leveled; guess it's not as nice this way.

Why reward only level 50 players? We have payed the same amount as them. Maybe even played as much as them. Why not reward those who dont rush through content, who have a family or other preocupations? We enjoy the game the same as most level 50 players.

I am not understanding this at all...

:mad:

We could have played MORE than them MORE ACTUAL HOURS.

IT SHOULD BE BASED OFF THE NUMBER OF HOURS PLAYED SINCE LAUNCH!!!!!

NOT space barring and zerging to 50.

:mad:

that's because they don't want the PVPers to leave. They allready know your going to stay!

Edited by Revcis

Gotta say, I'm impressed.

I've nailed Bioware on a ton of stuff they've dropped the ball on, but when they do something completely unnecessary from their end just to try and smooth over ruffled feathers, I'm gonna praise them.

Good job. Now, if you fix the population disparity we got a pretty good game right here.

This is awesome thanks Bioware!

A minor issue, there is going to be a small minority of players that are altholics and dont have a lvl 50 character yet, I hope they can get the free month too if they have been as loyal as I am.

While I have a 50 several of my friends are altaholics who haven't managed one yet despite playing for quite a while. I think it would be nice if some consideration was paid to those who have kept up their subs but haven't gotten a toon to 50 yet.

You're kinda missing the point as to WHY they are doing it, I think.

- Broken PvP end game

- perceived bait and switch with ranked warzones

- A lot of broken end game PvE ops

Really, the leveling process is fantastic. Warzones in and of themselves are fine.

Anyway, as a result of this honestly stunning action (EA signed off on this?? Waaaaattt?) I will cease by griping about what 1.2 doesn't have in PvP, and just deal with it as I'm now playing a month for free.

Edited by islander