Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I have played up to lvl 35 now, already in ACT II.

Being that I have gone so far, without Kira working, does this mean that I will never get the missing bugged quests/dialogues?

This really does make me feel like I am missing out on content, all due to one conversation choice...

No one has commented on this recently, no DEVS, no admins...

I submitted a ticket, they closed it stating that someone else had to "look into it."

Being that I have gone so far, without Kira working, does this mean that I will never get the missing bugged quests/dialogues?

This really does make me feel like I am missing out on content, all due to one conversation choice...

I submitted a ticket, they closed it stating that someone else had to "look into it."

When a fix is finally implemented she should have all the missed quests saved up. Also dont expect many responses from Bioware. This has been a known bug for months and all we've gotten is "we're working on it" once or twice.

Edited by Roarrk

I just finished the main story and without providing any spoilers, I can... WITH the Kira bug say that there is a very satisfactory part at the end for those who have the bug(romance-wise). You won't be disappointed, with or without the bug depending on what dialog choices you make in the last quest. I still wonder if more would have happened, but I can't say I am disappointed.

Just thought I'd share that. So you all can still level your toons just fine IMO. When the fix comes I am sure there will be more happy moments. So for those worried like I was about main quest related dialog issues, unless I'm missing something, all is well. Of course you'll have to wait for her quest and romance to be fixed for non-main quest related stuff with Kira.

There you have it.

I would like a /cry on shoulder emote for Kira to be implemented when they finally fix this issue for us that's still bugged. Seems like i shouldn't complete my story till they do.

I'm definitely waiting. If it were doc or t7 i wouldn't care as much but kira has a lot to do with the main story as seen by the "Defector" quest and the focus of Act II. Shes a big part of the storyline and i really don't wanna miss any part of it. Been doing nothing but pvp and the occasional flashpoint on my knight. Already lvl 41 almost 42 and havent done anything past balmorra. :/ Oh well least i'll be able to breeze through all the bosses by the time this is fixed.

Getting a little disheartened with this issue. I've reached the level where I left off my Jedi Knight on my Trooper and don't feel like continuing that second choice class (which is fun in itself, that's not the issue), since the plan was to play the majority of the content with the Knight first. What's most annoying to me about this is the fact that the issue was apparently known in beta for months, yet it wasn't added to the known issues-sticky until it was fixed for Knights below that certain story point.

I guess rerolling Empire for now is the best thing to do for me, that way the risk of overlapping content is the smallest, even if that means the past 18 days were pretty pointless. I never really imagined it coming to this, but the way I feel now is just to let my subscription run out and wait until this is fixed.

you'll still get all of the romance/companion dialogue

the only thing that you'll miss is any dialogue changes that could have resulted in the main quest from romancing kira

I was getting sick of waiting, so I made myself another Guardian (did not delete my other one), and after two days, I'm lvl 18 now. It's really boring to do everything over again though, please BioWare! Fix this bug!! Talk to us at least!

I did the same thing except this time im trying Sent....my guard will still be my main but by golly I will have a story with me romancing Kira in it dag nab it!

I agree with most people. I know the game was just released and bugs happen, etc. But at least say something. This forum post is 100+ pages long with only two posts from bw. Don't get me wrong, i love the game and the company, but please say something.

I agree with most people. I know the game was just released and bugs happen, etc. But at least say something. This forum post is 100+ pages long with only two posts from bw. Don't get me wrong, i love the game and the company, but please say something.

Game being new isn't even a valid excuse in my opinion. This bug is anything but new. Been around since July and they just implemented a fix this past week. If they cared they would have fixed this bug BEFORE the game launched and 90% of knights got screwed.

EDIT: Oh and of course lets not forget the amazing customer service!!! Telling players f*** off via automated droid is a great way please paying customers

Edited by Roarrk

I was getting sick of waiting, so I made myself another Guardian (did not delete my other one), and after two days, I'm lvl 18 now. It's really boring to do everything over again though, please BioWare! Fix this bug!! Talk to us at least!

This is what they hope all Jedi Knights will do. They are incapable of fixing this and they don't want us to know. They refuse to give information about this issue. They are hoping we just give up and go away. By not communicating with us about this issue they are showing us that it is OUR problem and not something they care about.

BIOWARE DOES NOT CARE.

Edited by Amanda_C

This is what they hope all Jedi Knights will do. They are incapable of fixing this and they don't want us to know. They refuse to give information about this issue. They are hoping we just give up and go away. By not communicating with us about this issue they are showing us that it is OUR problem and not something they care about.

BIOWARE DOES NOT CARE.

occupy BW. every time they close a ticket with the automated protocol droid response, i just open another one. opened 7 before i logged last night.

I am bugged right before the quest Defector , (never received it) this was at 24, i am 40

I am NOT going to level up another guardian, I have made my main and intend to keep it that way. I do not have a legacy name nor any other companions, and ofc no story at all.

Its has been 13 days of this.

Keep putting in tickets(10 so far ), call them, and leave messages on their Facebook page

We pay for subscription fees so things like this do not happen and(or) are fixed swiftly.

Rerolled around patch time, kept the original Knight. At level 26, not as big a loss as I feared. Had a little help from a friend who had rolled up a Consular (parallel story questing is fun!) and am currently at lvl 20. As for the bug when the crucial moment comes, according to the majority of accounts, I'm safe.

Now, I've mostly kept my peace when it comes to accusing BW of being insensitive to our cause, but I'll say this, as a man who avoided MMOs like the plague until this rolled around: I think BW are underestimating the importance of the bug, and should at this stage at the very least throw the afflicted ones a bone now that the root of the problem is fixed. If not an ETA, then something - anything - though I'm afraid the anger and frustration has festered for too long now for any token of appeasement to be taken the right way.

I must admit, being back on Taris at the moment of writing this, the journey has been a bitter pill to swallow, but I have been able to make better choices for my character. Then again, I was only level 26 when I became aware, so I might not be the most afflicted of us all. While I wish we didn't have to wait so long for even an ETA, I'll at least give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they'll come through in the end.

BIOWARE DOES NOT CARE.

Considering how many thousands of Knight out there who are affected by this bug, they can't expect everyone to reroll. I simply rerolled to pass time, but they will have to come with a fix soon. At least they could talk to us a bit more.

I'm really stuck on what to do here, my jedi sentinel is on level 23 and is 4 rep away from 1000 (which i think is the first initial conversation)? anyway, im scared to level him up more and progress with kira incase i get inflicted with this bug? i have tried to read the forums but have little understanding... have they fixed it for people who have not yet reached there?

I'm really stuck on what to do here, my jedi sentinel is on level 23 and is 4 rep away from 1000 (which i think is the first initial conversation)? anyway, im scared to level him up more and progress with kira incase i get inflicted with this bug? i have tried to read the forums but have little understanding... have they fixed it for people who have not yet reached there?

It should be fixed for Knights who hasn't reached that point in the story yet, but to be sure, avoid the DS [Flirt] options, and do the Neutral [Flirt] option that occurs after a visit to the Jedi Council.

It should be fixed for Knights who hasn't reached that point in the story yet, but to be sure, avoid the DS [Flirt] options, and do the Neutral [Flirt] option that occurs after a visit to the Jedi Council.

By doing the neutral [flirt] option, am i still able to progress in the relationship with kira though? or does it stall my progress more? i mean as long as we end up together in the end thats fine.. reaaally want to see where this whole kira love interest plays out!