Revenge of the Sith. What for who?

TheHiddey

I wasn't disputing Bane as George's creation or the Rule of Two... I'm just curious as to what backstory George had for HOW the Rule was created, how Bane became the 'last' Sith Lord of the old Sith and first of the Banite 'Rule of Two' Sith.

And here's something never explained in the films: how does Yoda know the Rule of Two? I think EU has it that one of the Sith during the period between Bane and Sidious was a fallen Jedi who joined the Sith, then rebelled and tried to return to the light but was driven insane by it, and managed to spill the 'rule of two' info to the Jedi before dying...but we get none of that info in the films. Yoda's not old enough to have been around when the Rule of Two was established, so the Sith were thought extinct by the time he was born.

One of the many plot holes throughout the Saga! :p

I myself havent read anything that is between the bane trilogy and episode 1 so i couldnt tell you how the jedi know the rule of two. but knowing GL like we all do i seriously doubt he had any idea in his mind whatsoever as to why there were only 2 sith.

I wasn't disputing Bane as George's creation or the Rule of Two... I'm just curious as to what backstory George had for HOW the Rule was created, how Bane became the 'last' Sith Lord of the old Sith and first of the Banite 'Rule of Two' Sith.

And here's something never explained in the films: how does Yoda know the Rule of Two? I think EU has it that one of the Sith during the period between Bane and Sidious was a fallen Jedi who joined the Sith, then rebelled and tried to return to the light but was driven insane by it, and managed to spill the 'rule of two' info to the Jedi before dying...but we get none of that info in the films. Yoda's not old enough to have been around when the Rule of Two was established, so the Sith were thought extinct by the time he was born.

One of the many plot holes throughout the Saga! :p

Its not a plothole. The movie sith obviously operated like the Jedi did, since it was created by a fallen Jedi. One master to an Apprentice. with alot of masters and apprentices. Explained sorta in the TPM novel and lucas backstory interviews.

Edited by Girdeux

Think the point was, for ppl who simply watched the films, ignored the books (if it's a properly constructed movie, wouldn't need to read the lore to understand the meaning) wouldn't know why the Sith want Revenge, because it was never explained in the movies

Darth Maul: Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the homing trace is correct, I will find them quickly, Master.

Darth Sideous: Move against the Jedi first. You will then have no difficulty in taking the Queen back to Naboo to sign the treaty.

Darth Maul: At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.

Darth Sideous: You have been well trained my young apprentice. They will be no match for you.

Well it took longer than expected and Darth Maul was not there to see it, but The Sith did get their revenge.

The final steps of Palpatine's plan (by that I mean the plan of the Sith up until his time) were executed in this movie. The Sith finally initiated their actual revenge. The other prequels along with the history before them has led to this.

The original title for Episode six was "Revenge of the Jedi". However, at the last minute George Lucas decided that Jedi would never seek revenge and therefore changed the title to "Return of the Jedi" As a matter of fact, merchandizing materials had already been distributed with the "Revenge of the Jedi" (One of my childhood friends, actually got a single subject spiral notebook with "Revenge of the Jed" on the cover.

So, when Episode three was being made, Lucas decided that Sith could and do take revenge and therefore named the episode "Revenge of the Sith"

Nuff Said. :)

bullcrap, lucas said in an itnerview that he changed revenge to return mostly because merchandise would have much more costs with more letters in it, so he changed to return which fit perfectly on everything.

Yep that's Lucas for you, all on his blu-ray collection (and even more talk from business viewpoint), still loving him :>

Darth Maul: Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the homing trace is correct, I will find them quickly, Master.

Darth Sideous: Move against the Jedi first. You will then have no difficulty in taking the Queen back to Naboo to sign the treaty.

Darth Maul: At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.

Darth Sideous: You have been well trained my young apprentice. They will be no match for you.

Well it took longer than expected and Darth Maul was not there to see it, but The Sith did get their revenge.

Revenge for what? What did the Jedi do? Lol, that's my point, was never explained, they are getting Revenge for what? (I know why, just saying those who "Just" watched the movie would be like... okay, sith are pissed off and want revenge for some reason, that reason is just never stated)

bullcrap, lucas said in an itnerview that he changed revenge to return mostly because merchandise would have much more costs with more letters in it, so he changed to return which fit perfectly on everything.

Yep that's Lucas for you, all on his blu-ray collection (and even more talk from business viewpoint), still loving him :>

Red Letter Media Fan?

Red Letter Media Fan?

I liked the reviews, they are nice comedy material with some insight, but I cannot just blatantly agree with everything there since some of it is just forced.

Tho the return thing I learned from the bray edition.

Largely, the Jedi are a bunch of arrogant, sanctimonious jerks.

25 millennia before the films, there was the First Great Schism and the Force Wars on Tython, when the adherents of the light decided that theirs was the only way.

13 millennia later there was the Second Great Schism/Hundred-Year Darkness where the Jedi decided that the light-side dogmatic approach was the only way again and went to war with anyone who differed. And in the end, they exiled the Dark Jedi survivors to the unknown regions beyond Republic space--basically a death sentence that they were too self-righteous to carry out.

So the Dark Jedi, in their exile, discover the Sith species and rebuild into an empire of their own. When they struck out for revenge in 5000 BBY (the Great Hyperspace War), they lost. But it wasn't enough that they lost--the Jedi and the Republic did their damndest to exterminate all survivors of the Sith Empire.

Xendor (leader of the first great Schism) was first exiled and then HE declared war on the Jedi and then the order struck back.

Its the same with Ajunta Pall (lead the second Great Schism) he was banished because he was experimenting on life itself how to create and shape it. He and his followers here outraged by the arrogance of the Jedi (which is funny coming from people trying to play God) and declared war on them.

the darth bane trilogy and most eu books are cannon. just because u dont like it doesnt make it false.

wrong. the only real canon is the movies. according to the inventor of the star wars universe at least. the rest is just what each individual wants it to be.

I liked the reviews, they are nice comedy material with some insight, but I cannot just blatantly agree with everything there since some of it is just forced.

Tho the return thing I learned from the bray edition.

Forced?

I've watched them all...twice. (maybe)

He doesn't force anything. He just points out Lucas's garbage and laziness. Lucas was LAZY when he filmed the prequels and everything sounds like it was filmed on a couch. And it was.

The script obviously had no help because it was sounds like it was written by an 8 year old.

The title of Episode 3 has always puzzled me. Revenge for what, exactly? I don't recall it being explained in any of the movies, was it explained in EU and, if so, can anybody tell me?

for several reasons. The jedi wiped out the First sith empire at the end of the great hyperspace war. Was during this time, that vitiate took the mantle of emperor, and rebuilt the sith empire on dromund kass with the sith exiles from korriban. After 1000 years the sith empire return SWTOR timeline. We can asume that between this time and the movies, the sith become extint and its order suffers a huge blow, and the empire loses this strugle, and become part of the republic, that we know in the movies.

So yeah the sith have any reason to have revenge on the republic, and on the jedi. ( justified or not off course, cleary not).

Xendor (leader of the first great Schism) was first exiled and then HE declared war on the Jedi and then the order struck back.

Its the same with Ajunta Pall (lead the second Great Schism) he was banished because he was experimenting on life itself how to create and shape it. He and his followers here outraged by the arrogance of the Jedi (which is funny coming from people trying to play God) and declared war on them.

you gotta love ppl defending the sith order and the darkside of the force. :rolleyes: in their eyes palpatine was a good felow, all sith lords werent evil at all.

Forced?

I've watched them all...twice. (maybe)

He doesn't force anything. He just points out Lucas's garbage and laziness. Lucas was LAZY when he filmed the prequels and everything sounds like it was filmed on a couch. And it was.

The script obviously had no help because it was sounds like it was written by an 8 year old.

Please. so you dont know that Star wars is a family movie... that reviews are a joke though. In their eyes everything in star wars is bad. Even yoda the puppet. :eek: Edited by Spartanik

Please. so you dont know that Star wars is a family movie... that reviews are a joke though. In their eyes everything in star wars is bad. Even yoda the puppet. :eek:

Has he done Original Trilogy reviews? Or did he blast Puppet Yoda somewhere and I just forgot? I think he blasted the Phantom Menace Puppet Yoda, but that's with very good reason: it's not Yoda! He sounds like Yoda, but he looks like a completely different character. Yaddle looks more like OT Yoda than Ep1 Puppet Yoda. I'm glad they got rid of it.

You can read into it, but i think:

"Return of the Jedi" was supposed to be named "Revenge of the Jedi", which made sense but got canned because it did not coincide with Jedi beliefs.

So "Revenge of the SITH" is basically paying homage to the completion of the original trilogy.

I was going to say that, but I am happy that I am not the only person that knew that off the top of my head.