Is Treek worth getting?

Senden

Going to make a LS Sith Assassin and thinking of getting Treek to replace Khem because tbh, Khem doesn't fit with a LS character at all and tbh, find him a little boring. What's people's thoughts on Treek? Does he have a specific role? Does he have conversations/story like other companions?

First: Treek is a she not a he! She has a handful conversations, not much and nothing really interesting. She can be healer or tank, and I can say I think she is a good healer (didn't used her as tank yet, so I cannot comment on that).

Treek is an awesome little tank too. She's tough as nails for one. Geared right she still does some good damage in both tanking and healing stance for two. And while in her tanking stance she will still toss out heals (which does reduce downtime for regen after fights too), not as good as it would be in her healing stance but still significant none the less for three. And if I recall correctly her healing she does use even while in tank stance has got a cleanse integrated with it . In summation, Treek is a BAMF.

So OP, I'd say she was definitely worth it.

P.S. Also as another added perk, when you get her she comes with not 1 but 2 complete moddable gear sets. That includes 2 off hand shields (though 1 should've been a generator I won't nit pick over it) and doubles of her head, chest, gloves, waist, legs, feet, and wrists for keeping a set for tanking and for healing depending on your need.

Edited by Hyfy

Khem Val might not fit with a LS SI but try to role play it that way. Talk down to Khem in character, it's much more engaging than a Ewok mercenary from some unknown backwater planet if you plan on RP levelling.

If on the other hand you don't care too much about conversation choices, pick Treek as a better overall companion as she can both heal and tank and can easily be geared up. I personally tried to stick with Khem so I could level in character and he seemed to suit my SI better even after I got Ashara and wanted to romance her, I felt it was better to have a running argument with Khem the entire way and he's a pretty decent tank.

She also comes with a +5 crafting mission crit chance .....

Tbh that's all I use her for. I got her at 55 and the cost and hassle of upgrading her gear means she's pretty much just an extra crafting monkey.

And her high-pitched jibber jabber gets old real fast.

Its a +5 efficiency not +5 critical. She only has a +1 Critical.

Strongest companion in the game by far, for all of the reasons listed above.

Only downside: Her constant yelling in that silly language of hers tends to freak you out after a while ^^

Yeah that is about the only check in the cons column.

At lvl 55 I'd say, go for her only if you want ewok companion, or if your default tank/heal has that really good crafting/mission bonus, so you can use that companion for crafting/missions.

But while leveling, get her for sure, if you can. She has all her abilities at the start, so till lvl 50 she's better than any other tank or healer companion(same as HK51 as damager).

Also, in some occasions you can send more companions on missions/crafting than you actually have(agents are notorious for that, but can happen to other classess too if you overlevel the story), so extra companion fits there nicely.

Edited by PaniMauser

I was completely non-receptive to the treek companion. Mainly due to it's ties

to the cartel market. I personally find the whole "packs" thing unappealing.

So Treek gets lumped in there.

But I had a ton of cartel coins from never spending and accumulating as a

subscriber. With a new smuggler healer at 55, I decided to try Treek out

as a tank.

I put mostly blue modifications in her gear, 50-55, with a mix of aim/tank and

aim/dps items. Whatever I could craft myself on my cybertech main character.

My verdict after Orincon? Treek is completely worth it as a tank, probably good

as a healer also. As an undergeared new 55 smuggler healer, I was able to

solo that tower gold boss with his "reaping the fields" attacks. Which was actually

tougher than the champions in the heroic2.

My guess is Treek would also be good for a very high DPS character as a

tank/sometimes healer. As long as you killed stuff fast.

I'm not sure how she would work out pre-55. Perhaps best with a main character

that also uses aim. Otherwise keeping Treek geared as you level might be a

hassle.

Ok. So, I'm using both Treek as both a healer on one toon and a tank on a couple of others.

Everything said thus far is right on point, but I would like a couple of items.

First as a tank, she is great when running content because she is the only companion tank that not only heals you but heals herself too. So it will shorten the time required for heals after a fight. Many times while cruising through an area very little time in between fights is required at all.

Second, once unlocked you can use Collections to use her on every alt that you have at no additional charge. No price to unlock in Collections. So... basically once you have her, you have her available to all toons.

Edited by Rafaman

I'm not sure how she would work out pre-55. Perhaps best with a main character

that also uses aim. Otherwise keeping Treek geared as you level might be a

hassle.

Many of first companions-tanks use aim gear - Kalyo, Quzen, Corso, T7, so players have to face gearing them somehow.

Treek is the better deal at lvl 10, since she comes with full set of lvl 10 orange gear with blue mods, belt and bracers included(while default ones have half the set of green trash on them bt default), so you would not have to worry about gearing her until after capital planet. And by then people usually have enough commendations to get blue mods from planetary vendor to put them into her orange gear. And for default companions you have to obtain orange gear first.

Edited by PaniMauser

So question...how exactly do you get her? I know you have to pay points to unlock her quest, and then you have to pay more points to make her available on all toons? Is that correct?

If you have legacy 40, you have 2 options. 1 million credits at a cartel bazaar NPC for her "contract", OR

you can use cartel coins. Less than legacy 40, you have to use cartel coins to get her "contract" through

the cartel shop.

You then click on her "contract", it turns a quest available icon on for a robot NPC in the cartel bazaar.

Now you're on your way to acquisition of the Treek companion.

Once you've done an acquisition questline for Treek, you could choose to make her available to

all characters on that legacy account. The way you do that, is log out and wait a few minutes (20?).

Log back in, open up your inventory, and in the corner you'll see a "collections" icon. Click on that,

it brings up a GUI page, early on you'll see "specials", near the top of the collections GUI page.

Click on that, and fumble about, you'll see the option to make treek available to all characters on

the legacy account.

I like having Tweek around. I think she does better DPS than I do! After trying her out on one toon, I spent the extra coin to unlock her Account wide.

The only down side is that she's one major chatterbox. I have to keep telling myself that I don't mind her constant yapping because her combat is so good.

Oh, and her gear is all modded. You have to expect to invest a lot to keep her gear up-to-date.

Gameplay wise, treek is probably the single best companion there is, she wil be better then every other healer or tank in their own role, and be able to switch them as a bonus.

That being said, that stupid comic relief furball is the single most unepic companion one could think of, and I wouldn't want to be caught dead running with her.

Gameplay wise, treek is probably the single best companion there is, she wil be better then every other healer or tank in their own role, and be able to switch them as a bonus.

That being said, that stupid comic relief furball is the single most unepic companion one could think of, and I wouldn't want to be caught dead running with her.

I actually like her vocalizations and animations. I hardly ever read what she's saying,

just like the japanese anime kind of wild emotion she expresses. Once in a great while

I'll read what she's said, and it's always been ok. I never liked ewoks in the star wars

movies. So I understand not liking her based on that. But it's been a long time since

the introduction of "ewoks" to star wars. I quite like the way treek fits into swtor.

A well geared healer, or tank character will work better with a geared dps companion.

Treek provides a really good option for weak/moderate geared characters, or very

high DPS characters at max level. For levelling, she is absolutely best for any

character that uses aim as a main stat. And arguably best overall for any

character (I prefer using a companion that uses the same main stat as

the main character for economy and ease of upgrading).

Going to make a LS Sith Assassin and thinking of getting Treek to replace Khem because tbh, Khem doesn't fit with a LS character at all and tbh, find him a little boring. What's people's thoughts on Treek? Does he have a specific role? Does he have conversations/story like other companions?

I've got Treek for all of the characters I run dailies on (all attainted her post 55 so I can't comment on how effective Treek is while levelling, my guess is she's still better than the tank or healer companion you'll get) and find her a good companion to just blow through the dailies. That said in a good set of gear at 55 any companion will do.

Equipped mainly for tanking she gets some utility out of self heals, the only issue I have in tank stance is that sometimes she won't junp to the target I tell her too and instead they'll run to her. To get around this I just make sure I click on her 'Glide attack' ability myself.

I find her a real boon to those characters that don't have access to self heals, such as Powertechs, Snipers and Assassins.

On the downside she seems to suffer from the overly verbose companion dialogue that all companions had at launch. Every attack seems to trigger off another comment, but I can just about filter it out, although I am curious to know who 'Sid Witchell' is?

There's a pack of 3 skins available from the Cartel Market for her as well as one from the Bounty Hunter Event Reputation vendor in the bazaar. So there are a few options to make her look a little different than everyone elses Treek.

Also, the conversation path has been fixed in a recent patch so you can progress through all of the conversations it you open up her affection to 10,000. There are quite a few, and reasonably well written if you can suspend disbelief to all the other ewoks running around the areas and fleet ;)

The only other factor that may be pertinent for you is that she seems to be more of a DS companion than a LS one, but I'm sure you can compensate this by buying her some gifts ;)

The only other factor that may be pertinent for you is that she seems to be more of a DS companion than a LS one, but I'm sure you can compensate this by buying her some gifts ;)

What is DS and LS?

I visited the companion gift vendor first thing. Got her up to 8,000 of 10,000 affection with about 95k gc's. Then after finishing coriscant, a bunch of conversions opened up that I think got her to about 9700.

Edited by Glowrod