Question about skills

Kapono

Hey- just a quick question for those in the know.

I've read that I can have one crafting skill, and 2 others. Is this correct? Or are my crew skills separate? If someone could maybe give me a quick rundown in WoW terminology it would be much appreciated.

As it stands, I'm thinking I have 3 skill slots, and can fill them with 3 of the various crew/gathering/crafting options. Am I right?

Also, I was thinking about doing Diplomacy + Archaeology + Treasure Hunting. I heard that Treasure Hunting was a good way to get some items and makes it's money investment back in what you get out of it, but I saw in a different thread that it was a huge money sink. What's the story there?

Thanks in advance for the help guys. :)

You get 3 skills total. Skills are divided into 3 categories: Gathering, Crafting, and Mission. You can only have 1 crafting skill, but you can have up to 3 Gathering or Mission skills.

So, you could have 1 crafting, 1 gathering, and 1 mission skill, or you could have 1 crafting and 2 gathering skills, or 1 crafting and 2 missions skills, or 3 gathering skills, or 2 gathering skills and 1 mission skill, etc.....

My understanding is that it's going to be a little money sink at first no matter what you choose (some more so than others). There's always a chance of getting something valuable, but for the most part you'll be losing a little bit of money until it gets leveled up. Once the levels are higher, you have a better chance of getting valuable items.

It's a bit vague, I know, but should be enough to give a general idea. If you search the forums, I'm sure you'll find some very specific guides and write-ups on crew skills. :)

Edited by Thurgrayden

basically you can have 3 professions, but only one 'production' skill in which you actually craft items, the other two can be gathering or mission skills. two gathering, or two mission, could also have 3 of either if its what you want to do. Gathering and crafting are pretty standard, the mission skills are what is different, those are strictly done through companion missions, nothing is in the game world. These typically give rare crafting materials (blue/epic mats needed for respective crafting recipes), companion gifts, and occasionally crafting pattern. Treasure hunting and diplomacy are both mission skills, i don't know as much about a money sink as a time sink, to level two mission skills you will be having trouble leveling those at a satisfying rate until you have a full set of companions. You will want to refer to some kind of chart to see what professions interact with others.