Sonic Barrier moderate amount of dmg?

teck_nick

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's essential to an effective immortal build.

At level 50, it'll absorb just under 1.2k, that's a good sized hit, and almost 10% of your health when you hit fresh 50. In my opinion, it is most valuable because of the control you have. It's not a proc, it's a result of casting force scream. If you know something big is coming, you can pop it.

I agree with most that is a quite good talent, but the talent for making it "free after a force charge" is no imo. Because you wan't to use it when needed and not just because you got the buff for a freecast, setting it on CD.

And I do like the other tier 1 talents more...

We're not Inquisitors, we have no need for Willpower, certainly not worth stacking just for the barrier.

You're partially wrong. Willpower/power scales with all our force attacks, including the barrier. Get the willpower datacrons, but don't choose gear with willpower.

Sonic Barrier is totally worth the talent points the 4 piece tier set gives u an extra 20% making it go up to 40% so now instead of absorbing a 1.2k hit ur absorbing a 2.4 thats amazing especially if u know the boss is enraging or hitting harder that one absorbed hit could be just enough for the healers heal too go off before u die so yea totally worth taking it No CONTEST! Edited by Webel

I agree with most that is a quite good talent, but the talent for making it "free after a force charge" is no imo. Because you wan't to use it when needed and not just because you got the buff for a freecast, setting it on CD.

And I do like the other tier 1 talents more...

You don't have to use it right away, literally your next Scream is free of charge. You'll want to use it often anyway, it's nice to have damage mitigation free of charge somewhere close to the beginning of a fight. What do you like more for Tier 1 talents, Quake?

Edited by nRGon

You don't have to use it right away, literally your next Scream is free of charge. You'll want to use it often anyway, it's nice to have damage mitigation free of charge somewhere close to the beginning of a fight. What do you like more for Tier 1 talents, Quake?

Ruin would be nice, but it's not practical in an Immortal spec.

Servers are down so I'm unable to test right now, but here's a question:

When Soresu Form is active, you gain 1 Rage when you take damage. Do you still gain the Rage when the hit is fully absorbed by a Sorc's bubble, or a Force Grr bubble? What about when partially absorbed? I'm guessing you would gain Rage when partially hit, because you are essentially, still being hit.

Right now I find Juggertanking terrible, I need to make an entire post as to why... when I can muster the effort.

Sonic barrier needs a buff imo. I had immortal, then tried veng hybrid...then got 4 columi for the 20% buff and went back to immortal to test it out...still didnt seem worth it to me.

WITH IMMORTAL BUILD I...

1. Lost HP...forget exact numbers but it was anywhere from 500-1k i believe(don't quote me)

2. Lost ~4% damage redux...was at 50%..then got lowered to ~46%

3. Lost unstoppable...which is good in pvp as well

4. Lost huddle..which for me is fun to use in tanking and also protects that DPS next to u and yourself in the process.

5. Lost Impale...which is a cool animation imo compared to Backhand/Crushing Blow

6. Lost DPS...or at least seems like i did.

7. Lost a faster C/D on impale/force scream(which does bleeding dam)

So needless to say i immediately switched back to 14/27/0

Edited by Crymson-Raider

5. Lost Impale...which is a cool animation imo compared to Backhand/Crushing Blow

[...]

So needless to say i immediately switched back to 14/27/0

So you swapped 4% shield chance and a dmg bubble... for a pretty animation for tanking?

umadbro?

Yes Sir, as stated in other posts of me. Quake helps you with protecting your allies, Free Force Scream doesn't!

Yes Sir, as stated in other posts of me. Quake helps you with protecting your allies, Free Force Scream doesn't!

You only need 1 point in the free Force Grr, which is mandatory (for the 5 points to advance in tier), there should never be any more than that as typically, you won't be jumping around that often. It shows its usefulness in BT HM where half the trash are non-elites, but less use on tank and spank encounters.

/27/0

Backhand has the best combat animation there is in this game.

And sound*

Edited by Tankshoes

So you swapped 4% shield chance and a dmg bubble... for a pretty animation for tanking?

umadbro?

How'bout 4% Energy\Kinetic mitigation and 4% Endurance, and a 20% defensive mini-cooldown on Intercede (works like a charm when you cooperate with another melee - they they lose aggro, you gain 20% damage resistance. Every 20 secs.).:D

Intercede lasts 6sec, wouldn't you need to use it off every CD to be effective? Melee partner would risk getting cleaved. I'd probably save it before big hits (Foreman Crusher or one of Gharj's jumps springs to mind), rather than spamming it off CD.

If you were to talent Vengeance (Force scream -3sec), you would have a bubble every 9 sec; would this not balance out with a 20% dmg reduction?

I'd love to play around and try something new, but I'm not sure how I could test it properly. Could anyone else give me some feedback please?

Edited by Tankshoes