Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

<< Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but there are so many bugs that I'd honestly like BW to stop making new content for 2 months, all departments, and fix the bugs before moving forward. >>

Proof that BW has done anything with this "new content" you refer to in the last 5 mos?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first Dev Response was "It's in the next update!" Then that came and went with no toggle. The next Dev Response was considerably more Weaksauce: "We still plan on doing it." The next Dev Response was an MP3 loop of crickets in a field that is still on repeat.

I guess Bioware got smacked in the face by a large trou.. I mean reality, and have to face cuts. Now they won't have the manpower or resources to do minor stuff like this..

We're going F2P, this game lost sales and subs, and they keep pumping new content without fixing old issues. I see a link there somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but there are so many bugs that I'd honestly like BW to stop making new content for 2 months, all departments, and fix the bugs before moving forward. Big butts, hoods, companion weapons, dialog mix-ups, all of it is stuff we as a player base know about and report, but it's not as important as new stuff. Well why would you play new content when current content is infuriating? Knights are suppose to be an iconic Jedi, but Jedi made a point of putting their hoods down to fight. Simple isn't it?

Yeah. I think I'm done. The hood issue was big for me. I stuck around because they told me they would fix it. I'm having more fun playing Age of Empires Online anyway. I will come back to my Jedi when he becomes strong enough in the Force to pull his own hood off his face. See you all when that happens. Hopefully before Christmas. I

I am likely to follow Roy... I cleared all the content, future ops aren't going to bring much story (anyone expects it to be different from what we have now...?)... I'll just finish up my class stories now or after it goes f2p. I kept paying and i was promised many things! I feel cheated. Hood toggle was promised, dynamic assortment @ CE Vendor and for access to it I paid overpriced 150 euro (while CE is now sold in huge quantities @ 30 euro... Is that how you describe exclusive edition?!). I am hugely disappointed now, when I am to reflect on the time spent on this game.

Gee, I missed so little points to get into the best college in the country... Thanks TOR.

I also cancelled over this. The whole hood toggle fiasco feels very bait and switch. All of the promotional jedi media has their hoods down, including the screen shots. The character creation screen has the hoods down. The robe models already exist in the game. So why can't we put our hoods down!?

I don't even need to have a toggle. Just put ONE decent orange robe in the game with no hood. Just ONE.

Throw on top of all this the fact that they said the hood toggle should have been in the last patch (but wasn't), and their refusal to comment on it, just makes this even more pathetic.

I like this game, but I cannot play a story-driven game where my character is forced to look so stupid. With F2P coming, I am cancelling my sub. If they implement hood-toggle I will re-sub. Simple as that.

The hood toggle needs to happen. Somehow I sorted this issue by wearing a kind of weird tiara on my jedi guardian, but I would prefer to not have it. Then I see the awesome no-hood armors that the juggs get and I get jealous.

What about the awesome hood-down armors that all the NPCs are walking around in? Everywhere i go, it's a ****** reminder that they consciously made the decision to have it this way. Why on earth did they remove literally 100% of hood down armors from the JK that were available in the beta?

Whomever thought witholding appearances from the players for the sake of making us all look the same has backwards ideas.

No one likes looking the same as everyone else in real life, why would we all want to look the same in a SW video game?

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

I refuse to continue my Guardian's story line, it breaks the immersion whenever I realise how infuriatingly idiotic my character looks. Re rolled to a Juggernaut, and there's a robe available with the hood down! Whoever thought of removing this option for other classes had better get their **** together.

Between the lack of toggle, the stupid kneepads and that line of transparent pixels at the base of the hood that shows in every single bit of dialogue. I've stopped leveling my Knight and have left him at level 28 on Aldaraan, never to be played again.

I refuse to continue my Guardian's story line, it breaks the immersion whenever I realise how infuriatingly idiotic my character looks. Re rolled to a Juggernaut, and there's a robe available with the hood down! Whoever thought of removing this option for other classes had better get their **** together.

That's what i did, lack of hood toggle makes it look ridiculous.

Of all the things to complain about... and you are complaining about the damn hood? I got the Sand PPl uni at the last event... I have no hood...

And I leveled in custom commando gear because of the hood. But I'd still like to look like a traditional Jedi with the hood down. And that's absolutely not an option for Knights unless you wear 1 medium armor chest, or you play a Twilek.

Of all the things to complain about... and you are complaining about the damn hood? I got the Sand PPl uni at the last event... I have no hood...

Yes, we are. We were told there would be a hood toggle in 1.2. There was not. Then we were told that it would likely be in a subsequent patch but before the next major update. Since then, nothing.

At this point it's not even about the fact that every damn JK NPC in the game and in all the promotional materials is wearing the same armor a player JK can get but with the hood down. It's about the fact that we, the players, who have asked for an art asset that already exists in the game to be made available to us as it was in Beta, have not received something we were specifically told we were going to. It may be a minor issue to you, but it is a persistent and blatant breach with a fair number of players.

This thread is almost 20 pages and no dev response yet, this is ridiculous.

20? It's 73 pages long. I to, agree with the 73 other pages that we should have hood toggle. At the absolute very least, an invisible helm we can easily obtain.

Edited by Bugattiboy

20? It's 73 pages long. I to, agree with the 73 other pages that we should have hood toggle. At the absolute very least, an invisible helm we can easily obtain.

Its almost 20 pages if you have your settings set the only way that makes sense (max number of posts per page).