Cartel Market items should be Legacy bound!

YeIIow

like the tittle says, in stead of them being Bind on Pick-up or bound on equip they should be Account /legacy bound, since the cartel market coins are account shared it makes more sence if the items u purchase with them are account shared aswell(not 1 set of items for each character, but the same item being made so its freely tradable between characters in your account, but not tradable to a diferent person)

Many times it has happened to me, that i buy something for 1 of my chars, then i level him max, and get boring of playing with him and after a wile, so i end up starting a new character, but then i miss all the cool stuff(gear/pets/speeders/etc) i had on that character.

Since we are already paying for those cartel coins(one way or another), we shoudn't be forced to buy things twice just becouse we decided to start a new character from the begining, neither should we be forced to just forget about all those items like if we had never purchased them in the first place.

Many wish this game had a Hard Mode Story mode after u reach level 50 so u could re-do all the story again with ur character, his skill, gear, ect, well this ain't exactly what those ask for, but it would be something at least close to it, letting u transfer ur speeders, clothes etc to your new character, in stead of penalising u because u liked ur character and its story and want to re-play it.

All this, ofcourse, taking in consideration level cap for gear, speed training required for vehicles, if the items contain any mods(if that is the case they should not be tradable until mods are removed), etc. So that the game stays balanced.

Resumen:

-"remove/delete" option for pets and speeders from our abilities panel.

-"sell to NPCs option" for Cartel Gear(bounded gear), pets and speeders.

-"make Pets/Speeders AND Cartel items(specially GEAR) legacy bound in stead of character bound.

Thanks...

Edited by YeIIow

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well considering they had to realease FTP option in the first place cos they were LOOSING money already, BIG BIG TIME, its not so foolish to spect them to make the experience of playing this game, and re-playing it over and over again, worth the time and the money we invest on it.... Edited by YeIIow

yes, should be legacy bound and have the possibility to sell then to a NPC vendor, GTN in my server has 43 page of 68 full of junk that no one buys, but it cost real money no one wants to destroy it

there is 10 pages alone of banners selling at 100 credits

Edited by ErosGyne

No, they should not be bound to Legacy.

Cartel Coins are already Legacy, so buy what you want with the toon you want to use it with. Here we go again with "I earned something on one toon so ALL my toons should have it". This spam request is getting so old. If you want something for a toon then EARN it and stop crying for everything to be given to every toon you have. Why should my Social X "Big Time" title go to all my toons when they are all <Social V?

And it seems as though Yellow works for the developers and has access to financial information and is breaking company policy I'm sure by posting that info here.

Cartel Coins are already Legacy, so buy what you want with the toon you want to use it with. Here we go again with "I earned something on one toon so ALL my toons should have it". This spam request is getting so old. If you want something for a toon then EARN it and stop crying for everything to be given to every toon you have. Why should my Social X "Big Time" title go to all my toons when they are all <Social V?

And it seems as though Yellow works for the developers and has access to financial information and is breaking company policy I'm sure by posting that info here.

OK, keep crying every time somebody says something about things that should be legacy wide, i remember u from the "Datacron should be legacy wide" topic.. same blabering in there....

and no, i dont think Tittles should be legacy wide, in the first place in my opinion there should not even be tittles purchasable by money or cartel coins, they should be all earned one way or another by completing chalanges in-game... same goes for social and valor rating i never said such things should be legacy wide...

Edited by YeIIow

like the tittle says, in stead of them being Bind on Pick-up or bound on equip they should be Account /legacy bound, since the cartel market coins are account shared it makes more sence if the items u purchase with them are account shared aswell.

Many times it has happened to me, that i buy something for 1 of my chars, then i level him max, and get boring of playing with him and after a wile, so i end up starting a new character, but then i miss all the cool stuff(gear/pets/speeders/etc) i had on that character.

Since we are already paying for those cartel coins(one way or another), we shoudn't be forced to buy things twice just becouse we decided to start a new character from the begining. Many wish this game had a Hard Mode Story mode after u reach level 50 so u could re-do all the story again with ur character, his skill, gear, ect, well this ain't exactly what those ask for, but it would be something at least close to it. Letting u transfer ur speeders, clothes etc to a new character. All this, ofcourse, taking in consideration level cap for gear, speed training required for vehicles etc. So that the game stays balanced.

Thanks...

PS: take a look at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5631715#post5631715 if u have the time...

a bitt of a Resumen of what i wish for:

-"remove/delete" option for pets and speeders from our abilities panel.

-"sell to NPCs option" for Cartel Gear(bounded gear)

-"make Pets/Speeders AND Cartel items(specially GEAR) legacy bound in stead of character bound.

/agree

/signed

The cartel coins belong to the account, BW insists on dropping "random" skill stuff, then bind it to legacy so that at least one of my characters can use it. There is no "earn it with that character or the other"! Cartel coins belong to the account. Is the random approach by BW that creates the issue.

And they wont make less. I just refuse to play the roulette and don't use the cartel coins. BECAUSE it is random and I might not be able to use it. If they bind to legacy, at least I know my chances of using the stuff are very high, worth my coins.

The cartel coins belong to the account, BW insists on dropping "random" skill stuff, then bind it to legacy so that at least one of my characters can use it. There is no "earn it with that character or the other"! Cartel coins belong to the account. Is the random approach by BW that creates the issue.

And they wont make less. I just refuse to play the roulette and don't use the cartel coins. BECAUSE it is random and I might not be able to use it. If they bind to legacy, at least I know my chances of using the stuff are very high, worth my coins.

well said m8!

Edited by YeIIow

/signed

Excellent point

I agree, or at least give Cartel Coins to each character. I had no idea and then wasted my Cartel Coins on my Knight.

that's exactly what happened to me at first, i spended all my cartel coins on items for 1 character, not knowing that those cartel market coins where account shared, and the worse is that i wasted them, in useless; worthless crap, that i later realised i could have simply brought at GTN.... if the coins are shared why not the item then?

if i buy a car and want to give it to my son, the company who sold the car to me, cant tell me: #Hey only u can use that car#.... that would be quite stupid no? thats exactly the case we have with cartel market items.... a very stupid case as it is...

Edited by YeIIow

^^^^

/thread

I do not agree. Not all Cartel market items should be Legacy bound, especially the equipment. Maybe some "stupid" things, like Emotes and so (emotes had it in tooltip for a time). But equip and speeders/pets, no. You find it, and then decide who gets it.

Removing Pets/Vehicles from list. Why? You have the most used vehicle on quickbar anyway. I personally never go to the Vehicle tab after I pull my Kutrob Alliance speeder on quickbar. Also, why remove the hard earned pets? Maybe, just maybe, make an option to "hide" them from list and then add a "Show Hidden" checkbox, like "Show Offline Members" in guild window.

So, the only thing i really want to see implemented is an option to sell Cartel market items to vendors, because the GTN is flooded with some and it is making the items completely useless and you are force to sell them at a fraction of their price (like 1/10)