Self sufficiency

MouseNoFour

Anyone else here totally into the idea of being completely self sufficient for crew skills?

So far, ive gotten Slicing, Biochem, Underworld Trading and Bioanalysis all maxed out. The rest of the crew skills ive gotten between 1-400 and plan to have them all maxed in the next couple weeks. I have an Advanced Class of all but one of the Empire faction. (Operative as i had to have a Republic character as ''required'' by Bioware for the new companion)

My idea, is that i should be able to get any material, to craft any schematic for any of my alts - without ever needing to go the GTN or out into the galaxy to harvest anything.

Anyone else here totally into the idea of being completely self sufficient for crew skills?

So far, ive gotten Slicing, Biochem, Underworld Trading and Bioanalysis all maxed out. The rest of the crew skills ive gotten between 1-400 and plan to have them all maxed in the next couple weeks. I have an Advanced Class of all but one of the Empire faction. (Operative as i had to have a Republic character as ''required'' by Bioware for the new companion)

My idea, is that i should be able to get any material, to craft any schematic for any of my alts - without ever needing to go the GTN or out into the galaxy to harvest anything.

Pretty much the same for me, in the long run. I've got one of each crafting skill, the supporting gathering/mission skills for those, and then the rest of my characters run slicing and other gathering things.

My main character is a self-sufficient Artificier(?spelling) with treasure hunting and arch.

I also have a Sith slicer.

So in between those two, i can get all the mats i need to make a killing from selling the 1.3 augments & slots cheaper than the people who buy all their stuff :)

Self sufficiency is the only way to go!

Edited by Jimsam

got all maxed but bio and arms. working on bio now. great to be able to make everything you need and even some for guildies too. harvest my own mats while playing the game and sell extra stuff i make on the gtn for the slicers to buy.:D

I am currently completely self-sufficient with 400 across the board on all my crew skills. New alts become harvesters. I have 2 accounts however, which made it much easier because could I mix and match the crew skills to maximize which ever manufacturing crew skill I was working on at the time.

hmm, let's see.

all 8 ac's, all crewskills

Guardian: arch, synth, UT

Scoundrel: scav, cyber, slicer

Sage: bioa, bioc, diplo

Vang: scav, armor, slicer

Marauder: bioc, treasure, invest

Sniper: arch, artif, slicer

Assassin: bioc, UT, slicer

Merc: scav, arms, slicer

A couple of the slicers aren't yet 400, since I've been trying to get the lower level augment schems, but everything else is @400.