Reputation Items Auto-Cashing in is GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!

DarthNillard

What is this nonsense??? So now when we max rep, we can no longer sell these items for some quick coins? And for things like the Dantooine event that is only around once every month, we can't hit the weekly cap and stack additional rep tokens to cash them in on Tuesday when the rep resets???

This can't be by design, and if it is, that person should be fired :mad:

So glad i maxed out all the reputations. Today just finished with Onderon. And I am done.

That is a good point for event reputations. Because event is up for a week, your sub is up for a month. Meaning you'll need to resub again next time event hits.

I remember, when I had so many rep items from Iokath and Ossus stacked and just poped them every time weekly reset came around. I grinded 1-2 weeks hard,then just pop pop pop...cap reach...wait reset...pop pop pop.

What is this nonsense??? So now when we max rep, we can no longer sell these items for some quick coins? And for things like the Dantooine event that is only around once every month, we can't hit the weekly cap and stack additional rep tokens to cash them in on Tuesday when the rep resets???

I thought this then noticed when I got tokens for rep I'm maxed on, I'm automatically getting the coinage instead of having to physically sell them :D Hooray for less crud cluttering up my inventory.

As for your second point about hording rep tokens - I've not noticed if/when I've hit weekly rep max what happens.

A Dev post about this would be most welcome.

I think you put the finger on it.

Credit sink.

I know, it is not a lot of credit we got from the reputation items, but still, that is an "opportunity" to not add credits in the market.

Coming back for the events.

With 8+ toons doing an event, you could most probably be able to hit your weekly limit and then be able to stack some rep items for the next 2 weeks. When the event came back, you would do the same again, and be done with reputation for that event. Then, when the event came back, I would either not care, or just do the minimum for conquest objectives. Dantooine is an example. I participate in 2 events, didn't returned since (there is so many conquest objectives this week, that I don't "need" to go to Dantooine for conquest.. The required Heroics to complete the weekly is the reason I'm not going back.

I thought this then noticed when I got tokens for rep I'm maxed on, I'm automatically getting the coinage instead of having to physically sell them :D Hooray for less crud cluttering up my inventory.

As for your second point about hording rep tokens - I've not noticed if/when I've hit weekly rep max what happens.

A Dev post about this would be most welcome.

Cool for the coin part, I don't actually care about that since it's only a few coins. But the rep part is the most important. I'm on vacation this week and can crush Dantooine on 20 of my toons to get me to Legend in 3 weeks. But not with them auto cashing. I hit my cap with 3 dailies runs, and now there is literally no point in doing them on anyone else...

Lol what??? Am I reading this right? They don't let you carry over reputation tokens to another week? Guys, this is amazing, I can finally play my own way provided my way of playing is exactly as bioware desires at all times. :D

“I can finally play my own way, provided my way of playing is exactly as bioware desires at all times”

Most important statement on the forums at the moment.

“Play your way” was always a lie. It was a marketing tool to hide all the rotten changes they were making. Give a small bit with one hand and take more back with the other. For every small step they took with this expansion, they took 5 back to give them more control over how we play. And if we don’t like it, tough cookies, we know where the door is.

So really, nothing to see here. It’s bioware as usual and anyone whose played since launch should know nothing has changed in their approach except to make biggest credit sink this game has ever had.

You can’t even get enough credits playing content most of the time to cover repair costs if you are wiping. Then you have all the other onerous credit sinks to drain more credits. No wonder there are so many credit spammers.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I agree that this was one thing that should never have changed. An broken since it was never intended to work this way. They need to remove the caps as you can not have it set up one way and do it another.

Then again many of the changes have gone against all the quality of life perks that us long time players have enjoyed.

The other problem is with all the high costs a new person once they got to 75 would realize the time they waisted and quit because they could not get any farther in game as there is no steady way to earn income as the gear that drops is worth more as tech but you don't get any more credits then the quests give you. What little loot you get is only worth a tenth of what it was before.

So this being changed is just in a long line of disappointments.

“I can finally play my own way, provided my way of playing is exactly as bioware desires at all times”

Most important statement on the forums at the moment.

“Play your way” was always a lie. It was a marketing tool to hide all the rotten changes they were making. Give a small bit with one hand and take more back with the other. For every small step they took with this expansion, they took 5 back to give them more control over how we play. And if we don’t like it, tough cookies, we know where the door is.

So really, nothing to see here. It’s bioware as usual and anyone whose played since launch should know nothing has changed in their approach except to make biggest credit sink this game has ever had.

You can’t even get enough credits playing content most of the time to cover repair costs if you are wiping. Then you have all the other onerous credit sinks to drain more credits. No wonder there are so many credit spammers.

Indeed. I think I always took that line as a marketing tool from when I first heard it, but there was a part of me with a glimmer of hope that they'd try to live up to it. All I can do at this point is laugh.

If I was more conspiracy-minded, I'd buy into the idea that they're purposefully tanking the game at this point. Maybe bioware austin is burned out on SWTOR and wants to work on something else. Or I'd buy into the idea that SWTOR has become a testing ground for EA to try awful stuff and see what they can get away with.

I don't want to believe it's just incompetence. Because then I'd pity them and feel bad about ragging on them for it (even though I paid to be here), and that's more painful than imagining they're doing it on purpose for one reason or another. I mean, I don't want to believe that some of them have been at this game for 8 years (not including original development of the game) and they still suck so bad at it, they're unintentionally making mistakes like this. Plus, it just doesn't make sense to think that. I know bad management can do a lot of damage, but... christsakes. To me, it appears thorough how off things are with this expansion. Like detailed bad decisions with careful thought put into how bad they are. That's part of why it's hard for me to believe it's just incompetence. At least, in this case.

Like to our credit, as outsiders, we can catch things that people close to the project can't, but nonetheless, they should have a way better handle on it than we do. And it seems to me that it makes far more sense that they do have a better handle on it and have shady intentions, than that people like us have a better grasp of their game than they do.

Some players were asking for credit sinks, what were you expecting? No matter what form it took someone would complain. the issue is more why do BW listen to just a few asking for things like this? Well considering who has posted in this thread and the sheer amount of things they have asked for (or even demanded in one players case) I don't feel sorry for any of you. Better this then lowering credits in others areas. Yes it is disappointing but really if you want to blame anyone look in a mirror and blame the person looking back at you. Not one person who has posted in this thread so far has not asked for changes in other areas of this game to suit themselves regardless whether it affects others.

Some players were asking for credit sinks, what were you expecting? No matter what form it took someone would complain. the issue is more why do BW listen to just a few asking for things like this? Well considering who has posted in this thread and the sheer amount of things they have asked for (or even demanded in one players case) I don't feel sorry for any of you. Better this then lowering credits in others areas. Yes it is disappointing but really if you want to blame anyone look in a mirror and blame the person looking back at you. Not one person who has posted in this thread so far has not asked for changes in other areas of this game to suit themselves regardless whether it affects others.

Players always want something and if it's just new content.

It's not the player's job to balance the game, that's what the devs are for.

I guess no one noticed this also applies to RXP packs? that you can no longer send these to your alts to increase their renown to help gear them out (and get their achievements)?

rep tokens should have been

Auto consume while under weekly cap, or at max reputation (for credits), otherwise go to inventory.

it's not like they were clogging inventory, they already stacked

making RXP packs nicer could have just made them stack and consume one at a time just like reputation items... that was all that was needed.

but no, we get the crappy system that tries to maximize the amount of repetitive grinding you have to do for the sake of ... well nothing.

• 2 months later...
It doesn't make any sense. I hope the auto use is just the devs' temporary bandaid fix.

it's another way to stop the player making credits. It's normally someone elses job to be the cynic in this, but they seem to be reducing ways for players to make credits in the game, except by selling on the gtn, which is done mostly* by people paying real money to buy cartel items, and then sell them on the gtn.

*not everyone , i know, but a lot, a whole lot:)

This can't be by design ....

I'd have to speculate that the main reason behind reputation tokens and weekly limits is to keep you playing - and subbed - longer. Allowing people to store up tokens to use later kind of defeats that purpose.

So, like it or not, it's probably by design.

I'd have to speculate that the main reason behind reputation tokens and weekly limits is to keep you playing - and subbed - longer. Allowing people to store up tokens to use later kind of defeats that purpose.

So, like it or not, it's probably by design.

That's the kind of design choice that can bite a game in the ***. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is demotivated when my playtime isn't rewarded. There is a real danger of losing people's interest if they have to wait 3 or 7 weeks to continue their progress.

Just want to reiterate that, as of 6.1, space missions that supposedly give reputation items are still not doing so. Item is not received, reputation is not applied.

supposedly you can exit the mission before accepting rewards and they will credit properly... I haven't tested that myself since I gave up on finishing that rep when this bug started

supposedly you can exit the mission before accepting rewards and they will credit properly... I haven't tested that myself since I gave up on finishing that rep when this bug started

It's worked every time I've done it.

I think it's just because you can't get rep while you're in space. The rep items themselves work fine, just like every other type, but if you try to apply them while you're not controlling your character, you just get an invalid target message and lose out on the points.

That's the kind of design choice that can bite a game in the ***. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is demotivated when my playtime isn't rewarded. There is a real danger of losing people's interest if they have to wait 3 or 7 weeks to continue their progress.

You are at least partially correct.

But note that there's been several "slow-downs" that have been eliminated or changed. Back in the early days, mounts were slower and required higher levels for the faster speeds. Taxis had to be taken, at least initially to get the QT points, and they travelled the whole way - no fade out, fade back in. Etc.

So, yeah BW have always had to toe a thin line between maximizing play time and keeping people happy.

I'd have say that I doubt that the current change to Rep tokens is going to make anyone stop playing.

I know there are lots of people (not saying you) who just want log in, get max armor and reputation in a week and then play PvP as a Preferred forever, but that doesn't help BW keep the lights on. 😏

Edited by JediQuaker

Lol what??? Am I reading this right? They don't let you carry over reputation tokens to another week? Guys, this is amazing, I can finally play my own way provided my way of playing is exactly as bioware desires at all times. :D

BW operate under the same policy as Henry Ford did when he began selling cars. He famously stated "People can buy whatever color Ford they want, as long as it's black."

Ironically, black was common and easy to use as a base paint for the fledgling car manufacturer whereas the color black on SWTOR is some ultra rare, hard to find dye that actually costs real money to use on your avatars.