Cybertech: reuseable grenades?

smulx

Before release I read that Cybertech could create grenades that weren't consumed on use, so you made one and could use it all the time (I assumed with a cooldown). Is this still the case? I've made a couple but they're consumed when I throw it. Or are there only a select few that give unlimited charges?

I Was able to make reusable med packs and stims in biochem when I kept reverse engineering them. I got a blue med pack then when I reverse engineered the blue med pack I got the purple reusable version.

Have you tried that with the grenades you can make?

I would also like to know what the cooldown is. More importantly do all the grenades share the same cooldown. I can't find this info anywhere.

each type has its own cooldown, last time i checked in the beta it was 5min.

Early level grenades I can confirm are still on 5 min cooldown.

Frankly 5 min is a bit much - that means you get to use 1 grendade per fight basically.

I tried various crafts during beta - all except Cybertech. I looked at end game schematics and felt the grenades would help boost up my dps somewhat as I am an SI healer. However at 5 min cooldown I think these are going to be about worthless.

Now do I drop Cybertech while I am only 150 or so pts in or ramp it on up and hope things get changed?

Does anyone else see 5 min as a total waste of time? Even med packs have a 90 second cooldown. Grenades should be at 1 minute at the most - typical fights/PVP encounters don't even last a full minute.

Can anyone confirm that the V-1 Seismic Grenades and V-1 Pyro Grenades are reverse engineerable?

They're green, and upon hovering over them with Reverse Engineering highlighted, the tooltip seems to indicate that they should be reverse-engineerable, but... rightclicking does nothing.

It'd be nice to know if that's just a bug, if anyone can actually reverse-engineer these grenades (learned at around 120 ish, not the 400 ones.)

As of last night, I was not able to RE either of the first two grenade types. Don't know if this is intended or not...

I can confirm this. Unfortunately I never played with Cybertech in the beta at all, so I don't know if this is a recent change/new bug or if it's always been that way.