Why no acknowledgement of overpowered heals?

MajinUltima

I'll sum up what the community thinks of healers:

"They are overpowered, when they are not on my team" :rolleyes:

Personally I think healing needed to be buffed. Most people didn't like healing in warzones pre 2.0 because 1 DPS could easily kill 1 healer if they were geared right, so there was no point in playing them. Now that it is not the case anymore, everyone is complaining lol. God forbid that you actually need to have a little more teamwork to take down a healer instead of just roflstomping them with ease (this is obviously harder with pug groups)

As a DPS, I welcome the challenge, though I will agree that the team with no healers is almost a guaranteed loss if the other team has at least one, which sucks but it is what it is.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just not the case, if you're killing healers, it's often because THEY are playing badly or not evasively enough, especially Scoundrel/Operative whose probe/medpac FAR outdoes mobile damage of all ranged specs and many melee specs. If all you're doing is chasing a healer who is constantly running, LOSing, etc, then you aren't doing damage or taking objectives, which means you aren't achieving anything productive.

The worst part is, it isn't even optional. If you chase them, you're not achieving anything. If you DON'T chase them, they freecast. It's a literal lose-lose situation that becomes worse the more players are involved.

A sniper or marauder can theoretically stack enough cooldowns and burst abilities to take one down, but that's a completely inane way to justify healing as "balanced". "Well 2 of the 18 dps specs in the game could theoretically burst down a healer with no cooldowns of their own who sits there and takes it, so healing is balanced." Completely insane.

Stacked healers makes things more difficult. Have 2-3 people chasing 1 healer, and said healer is themself being healed extensively by the other un-focused healers.

Warzone results consistently show healers above dps, often by very large margins. What people overlook is that dps values are INFLATED by a lot of wasted cleaves, AOEs, DOTs, that never endanger someone and don't kill anyone and are easily meditated off. It's VERY easy to spam Corrosive Grenades and Shrap Bombs to inflate damage numbers while achieving nothing whatsoever.

Healing, however, is UNDERstated in the results, where overhealing and unused absorbs aren't included. This actually means that the true output of healers is even HIGHER than results typically reflect. So not only is it mathematically FAR easier to achieve high healing numbers, those numbers are actually understated, whereas a lot of damage numbers are inflated and overstated. The margin between healing and dps is considerably higher than scorescreens will ever reflect. If you see 1 million healing to 500k damage, the true discrepancy is more like 1.2 million to 400k, or even wider.

This is a simple observerable mathematical fact.

this pretty much

I'll sum up what the community thinks of healers:

"They are overpowered, when they are not on my team" :rolleyes:

Personally I think healing needed to be buffed. Most people didn't like healing in warzones pre 2.0 because 1 DPS could easily kill 1 healer if they were geared right, so there was no point in playing them. Now that it is not the case anymore, everyone is complaining lol. God forbid that you actually need to have a little more teamwork to take down a healer instead of just roflstomping them with ease (this is obviously harder with pug groups)

As a DPS, I welcome the challenge, though I will agree that the team with no healers is almost a guaranteed loss if the other team has at least one, which sucks but it is what it is.

This whole issue is the "bads" want to roflstomp the healers @ now they can't we get threads like this

The challenge is to much for them

Bioware knows that even if they nerf healing the xbox mentality players will just move on to the next perceived obstacle to their pew pew derp play style. Bubbles, gear normalization, bolster, tank guard, other dps that beat them, healing, having to defend, taunting, sage force armor, Op rolls, snipers, CCs, stuns, the list never ends and neither do the QQ posts about them. Not to mention any adjustment to their dps abilities.

Until this crowd gets pvp to play like their pve playstation shooters on easy mode the complaints will just keep rolling in.

Edited by MotorCityMan

The BIG problem isn't heals it is DPS players on average are knuckledraggers that DO NOT FOCUS,thats the big issue,many are still thinking back prior to 2.0 and think they can "ROFL Smah everything" not as much now.

The BIG problem isn't heals it is DPS players on average are knuckledraggers that DO NOT FOCUS,thats the big issue,many are still thinking back prior to 2.0 and think they can "ROFL Smah everything" not as much now.

the sad part is that if DPS players focus Operative healer, it just takes to much time to kill one , especialy with another healer behind... combine that to the fact that the players focusing can or may not have a healer, if they dont they will die so fast... but i guess all players on these forums are all "uber" players and the rest are fail. These kids...

Bioware knows that even if they nerf healing the xbox mentality players will just move on to the next perceived obstacle to their pew pew derp play style. Bubbles, gear normalization, bolster, tank guard, other dps that beat them, healing, having to defend, taunting, sage force armor, Op rolls, snipers, CCs, stuns, the list never ends and neither do the QQ posts about them. Not to mention any adjustment to their dps abilities.

Until this crowd gets pvp to play like their pve playstation shooters on easy mode the complaints will just keep rolling in.

/like like like THIS ^

I have another suggestion, if the best players would make more stuff like this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=594135 and guide the "new players" to it.

Everything would improve for everyone.

Edited by Jorojus

the sad part is that if DPS players focus Operative healer, it just takes to much time to kill one , especialy with another healer behind... combine that to the fact that the players focusing can or may not have a healer, if they dont they will die so fast... but i guess all players on these forums are all "uber" players and the rest are fail. These kids...

No! 4 players from team A chasing 2 healers from team B (they were cross healing and making each other immortal) for more than a solid minute while the remaining 4 players from team A are butchered by 6 players from team B and your objectives are taken is considered a good strategy. You are bad if math works correctly for you, the real players are able to defy math.

Over 40 but still a kid at heart.

The WZ variables are so large while pugging (I mainly PUG) everyone knows that if you have too many healers you will lose,it was a common theme all last week for Repub on the Bastion for me.

Contrary to the OP's post and many in this thread Damage is still king,it's just that guard with heals is now very viable especially in a PUG WZ,i play both,a GS and scoundrel as my mains currently.

Some people make it see like this I agree, others just want to help and improve the game. Its just been a habit it seems on this pvp forum to only make negative or ignorant posts from good players to "new players" and the other way around.

Time to get some constructive going I'd say, maybe Bioware will start reading these forums then.

Edited by Jorojus

No! 4 players from team A chasing 2 healers from team B (they were cross healing and making each other immortal) for more than a solid minute while the remaining 4 players from team A are butchered by 6 players from team B and your objectives are taken is considered a good strategy. You are bad if math works correctly for you, the real players are able to defy math.

Both my Ops healer and my sorc healer die pretty easily to 2 dps. I know any of my dps characters can fully occupy a healer. If 4 dps can't take down a healer even if there is another healer nearby there are serious L2P issues. What in the world are those dps doing with their CC and stun abilities, let alone the routine 5-11k smashes, mauls, series of shots, etc etc?! 4 dps can pour 20k dps on a single target no problem and coupled with any stuns and CC there are no 2 healers in this game that can stand up to that for more than a couple of seconds. You either are exaggerating (most likely) or have the worst 4 dps in the game as your teammates.

If anything, solo healing is still under powered. A healer still needs a tank guard and preferably cross healing to be fully viable.

Edited by MotorCityMan

right...

It's not healing.

It's the Operative/Scoundrel that insane on PvP. There are barely any complaints about the Commando/Merc directly. Why? Because they have gone from being the hardest/second hardest to kill to the easiest to kill an STILL have the worst heals for PvP.

Both my Ops healer and my sorc healer die pretty easily to 2 dps. I know any of my dps characters can fully occupy a healer. If 4 dps can't take down a healer even if there is another healer nearby there are serious L2P issues. What in the world are those dps doing with their CC and stun abilities, let alone the routine 5-11k smashes, mauls, series of shots, etc etc?! 4 dps can pour 20k dps on a single target no problem and coupled with any stuns and CC there are no 2 healers in this game that can stand up to that for more than a couple of seconds. You either are exaggerating (most likely) or have the worst 4 dps in the game as your teammates.

If anything, solo healing is still under powered. A healer still needs a tank guard and preferably cross healing to be fully viable.

Then you are a bad healer.

Have you tried, you know, interupting the healers?

I really don't see an issue here. You see a heal being charged up, throw out an interupt. Then they're helpless for 4 seconds.

Every healing class has an alternative heal if their main heal gets interrupted. Both sorcs and merc healers also get interrupt immunity cooldowns. Over half the HPS from an operative is coming from non-interruptable instants. The only way to handle it is to chain stun and burst, which is entirely based on which classes you have available to you in the fight on the DPS side as some classes cannot chain stun or burst easily.

What'd be interesting (but they won't do) would be if they gave PTs/VGs a 10 second no-regen debuff they could put on people to help break stalemates. For 10 seconds, you don't regen any energy and your existing energy pool is cut in half. Give a 90 second cooldown and make tanks immune to it. You'd fix the current PVP situation and VGs/PTs at the same time.

Edited by dcgregorya

this just proves how clueless people are on these forums.

Interrupt without global or school silence just proves how clueless the people on the developers seat are.

4 seconds of global shutdown on heals for an interrupt would actually force healers to learn to play and finally draw a line between conscious healers and heal farm spammers.

Im a healer btw.

Edited by Laforet

Not true. Heals and damage are balanced. I had games where the opposing team has 3 healers and 1 tank and 4 DPS, and my team has 7 DPS and 1 tank, and we completely obliterated the opposing team because our DPS were superb.

If you lose a game to healers that means the DPS on your team was badly lacking.

Contrary to popular belief, playing a good DPS is just as hard as playing a good tank or a good healer. Carnage Marauder is the best healer killing spec, yet how often do you see Carnage in WZs? And how often you see a good Carnage in WZs?

Part of playing a good DPS is to learn how to focus fire, but most people don't do it. Heals are not OP, just that DPS need to learn to play better.

Despite lack of healer killing specific abilities, I'd actually put vigilance as the best healer killing spec. Once you get on a healer as vigilance, the only way to get you off is to kill you. Infiltration is also excellent at healer killing. The only problem killing people as carnage is that you get your face cc'd then ripped right off if the team knows how to defend their medic.

Healers are a team role and get better in teams, they SHOULD be bad solo.

Which is exactly why I hated playing a Healer pre-2.0 - in an random battlefield consisting entirely with PUGs, randoms, zerging and NO TEAMPLAY.

In the end, I just stopped playing a Healer there. Because of the obvious reasons (too squishy in an non-teamplay zergfest zone).

They have those on your playstation.

Which might tell quite a thing about "the PC player" as such.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer